FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards-423/)
-   -   Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hertz-gold-plus-rewards/1793054-questions-discussion-about-hertz-ultimate-choice-service.html)

GentleGiant Sep 26, 16 5:32 am

Questions/Discussion About Hertz Ultimate Choice Service

Hiring at FLL and a box pops up to say that new at FLL is Hertz Ultimate Choice

I am presidents circle - does this new 'feature' make any difference?

What is Hertz Ultimate Choice?

Am probably going to hire a Chrysler 300 over Christmas / New Year.

Thanks

FlyinHawaiian Sep 26, 16 5:44 am

Here's an overview of the product offered at the Austin Airport; suspect it will be similar at FLL.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26435019-post19.html

GentleGiant Sep 26, 16 5:58 am

Thanks. I did a search but drew a blank - probably wrong key word.

Not too sure what my choice might be as I already have a 'luxury' vehicle and whether you can just pick any vehicle in the PC area - sounds like some are paid upgrades.

The problem with excess is not knowing how much the vehicle might cost.

FlyinHawaiian Sep 26, 16 6:26 am

If you have reserved midsize or higher, you can take any vehicle that is not marked as a paid upgrade; you can also expect to see better quality cars in the President's Circle area. I would also not expect to see luxury cars offered as a free upgrade option, but you may get lucky.

You can book a lower rate that still qualifies for Ultimate Choice and hope that the upgrade fee for a luxury car results in an overall cost that is cheaper than booking a luxury car outright. Or, you can take something that is in Ultimate Choice that you prefer over a luxury car (unlikely, but possible). Finally, you can just book a luxury car and not bother with Ultimate Choice.

SixAlpha Sep 27, 16 7:00 am

So from the sounds of it, they're just trying to adopt their own version of National's Emerald Aisle system. That could be a huge win for 5*/PC if they roll it out nationwide!

mmcdowell Sep 27, 16 3:15 pm

I tracked down the hertz.com info about this for you.

Hertz Ultimate Choice

There is even a sample lot map that explains shows how it is laid out.

Mike McDowell
Director, Value and Insights
Hertz

Yllanes Sep 27, 16 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by SixAlpha (Post 27269501)
So from the sounds of it, they're just trying to adopt their own version of National's Emerald Aisle system. That could be a huge win for 5*/PC if they roll it out nationwide!

Indeed. I rent locally almost weekly in a HLE, but when I travel I prefer National (unless Hertz is much cheaper), because their Aisle system works great if you are Executive. That sample lot map looks promising.

GentleGiant Sep 28, 16 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mmcdowell (Post 27271584)
I tracked down the hertz.com info about this for you.

Hertz Ultimate Choice

There is even a sample lot map that explains shows how it is laid out.

Mike McDowell
Director, Value and Insights
Hertz

Thanks. Sadly the page on your website is blank - apart from an advert or two on the right.

CalItalian Oct 5, 16 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 27274856)
Thanks. Sadly the page on your website is blank - apart from an advert or two on the right.

Not blank anymore. Looking forward to this new program. Gold Choice had become a joke.

mvitale Oct 6, 16 7:12 am

Of course the one that I rent from weekly (Dulles) isn't even on the 2017 list. The Dulles location, IME, is one of the worst in the system. *sigh*

GentleGiant Oct 6, 16 8:39 am

Originally Posted by CalItalian (Post 27309251)
Not blank anymore. Looking forward to this new program. Gold Choice had become a joke.

Still blank.

Two adverts on the right about the autumn sale.

Yllanes Oct 6, 16 9:06 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 27310610)
Still blank.

Both links (pdf and webpage) have worked for me since they were posted.

GentleGiant Oct 6, 16 9:15 am

Maybe Hertz are blocking it from the UK?

pmarrsouth Oct 6, 16 11:57 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 27310610)
Still blank.

Originally Posted by GentleGiant (Post 27310778)
Maybe Hertz are blocking it from the UK?

Yes, it tilts the .... out of me that they auto route you to the language/page of the country you are in. Then they are unable to keep the same URLs across their different domains, so that in the case you are auto routed, at least the same information will appear. Crushes my soul being in Panama and getting these random pages appearing when I try to do anything on Hertz.com

GentleGiant Oct 6, 16 12:41 pm

However I stay on hertz.com which is the strange thing.