Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at IAD; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques

Plat
Booked L Toyota 4Runner
Received GMC Acadia AWD

The Acadia is much better than the 4Runner IMHO. This one came with LTE and WiFi. Not that I could figure out what the WiFi security key was. I've not seen this feature in the US. The Audi Q7 in Europe has 4G with full EU-wide roaming included.
Old May 20, 2017, 11:57 am

IAD
PC
Reserved: F
Received: Q4 Nissan Rogue with 11 miles on it.

The tires were inflated to ~50PSI instead of the manufacturer specified 33. Don't know if that's Hertz policy to avoid having to check tire pressure all the time, but I let air out to bring it down closer to the recommended.
Old May 22, 2017, 12:54 pm

IAD
Gold
Reserved: F (Full-size)

Received: Chrysler 300

Location had an awful selection to begin with. They started me off with an stripped-down Escape. Decided to go inside, they gave me a Kia Sportage. Car was filthy on the inside, and smelled awful. Gave me a Malibu, same crap. Talked to manager, got upgraded...
Old Oct 15, 2018, 10:32 am

I dont think such a thread exists for IAD, at least not that I've been able to find...so I will start:

last week, had a 2018 Jaguar XF, base model, no nav, 10k miles, smelled like a smoker (from PC lot)
this week, 2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid with 30k miles. base model, cloth seat, no nav (from PC lot).

This morning (10/15) the car selection was weak. PC had a bunch of yukons and impalas. the lot was practically empty.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
reading this and BWI, WAS threads and it seem all DC locations are bone dry.. what a shame.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 11:35 pm

Friday around 6pm, lot was completely full

Usual Fusion/Sonata sedans, and:

PC
- 6+ Chargers, R/T and GT trims
- 2 Challenger R/Ts
- 2-3 300S
- GMC Acadia SLE
- Toyota larger SUV (4Runner maybe)
- Hyundai Santa Fe
- Jaguar XE 25t AWD
​​​​​
5 Star
- Toyota Tacoma
- More Chargers
m907 likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Showed up late at night (~10:30 pm) on a recent Sunday and was very pleased to find a Camaro SS convertible in the PC section.
Joonydell likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2019, 7:46 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Sunday night

Various vehicles around. Noticed in PC:

Camaro
Arcadia
Santa Fe
XT5 - took that
Tacoma
Rogue

Five star
Tacoma
KIA SUV
Various other sedans.
Old Feb 28, 2020, 1:05 pm

So it was a mess, but luckily I was in no hurry. I booked some reservations but had cancelled all but one.

Anyway, had PC and saw Camaro convertible, Rav4, Charger GT, other stuff.
Charger had 12k miles, which surprised me as I rent from National and rarely do you see such high mileage cars. It had no gas though, so put it back (on rate with free fuel).
Then got into Cadillac XTS which just was pulled up. Noticed dirty sun visor and saw 32k miles. Wow! But pulled it up and person said I couldn't take it. He said I was assigned an A6 (couldn't really understand him too well) so had to take that. And Cadillac was G so that is too high.
Then he said I had a manager's special so couldn't take from PC. I showed him my reservation on my phone which stated intermediate, and he said he would re-look. And pulled up correct reservation (I guess he pulled up one I had cancelled). And then let me out.

Don't know if this is normal for Hertz.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 10:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Anyone rented recently here?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 10:51 pm

Programs: National EE, Avis PP
Came around 4PM to see if I could get a car exchange since service was going to be eventually due.
Overall very empty though, so just kept the car for longer, no way I'm gonna downgrade from what I'm driving right now

PC had a Camry...
Gold and 5 Star was loaded with nondescript minivans and large SUVs...if you're into that.
Old Jul 9, 2021, 11:55 am

Programs: JMB Sappire; Hertz PC; National EE
Back at IAD today(Sat 1130am), the line was at least 2 dozen ppl long for non-gold members. PC had two 2020 Mustang Convertibles, another guy and I immediately snagged both once we jumped off the bus. Mine had 20k on the odometer. Other notable cars in PC include 2 300s, a 2021 Edge Titanium, an Infinity sedan.
Five star is full of impalas, mid size SUVs
Defiantly wayyy better than DCA!
m907 and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 20, 2021, 8:45 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
IAD wasn’t very good today around 1pm and was mostly SUV heavy. The majority of cars where parked in Five Star which consisted of several high Millage, standard trim standard size SUVs (most had FL tags). PC only had 3 cars parked, 1 Ford Fusion with leather seats with 26K miles, a Honda CRV with FL tags (didn’t check the odometer) and a Infinity QX-50 (which I took) that had 6K miles and VA tags.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: JMB Sappire; Hertz PC; National EE
Lackluster Saturday afternoon. PC full of run-of-the-mill mid size SUVs rouge, escape, Edge, compass, cx5, encore.
Took the 21 escape sel with 4k on the odo.​
Flying Machine and Ordpc like this.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:06 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hertz Presidents Circle
My QX-50 I ended up renting at IAD ended up having issues. On day 2 of my rental, the front passenger door sensor started acting up and anytime I would hit a rough patch of road (ex dip or pothole) the door sensor would malfunction and say the door was open while I was driving and constantly unlock/lock and turn on the lights sporadically. Thankfully I wasn’t driving much a night because every light in the car turned on when the sensor malfunctioned and I couldn’t figure out how to turn it off. Ended up complaining when I returned it the next day but the return lot employee essentially shrugged the issue off.
Ordpc and JackToTheAttack like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.