Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 3:23 pm

Programs: national Exec, HERTZ PC, AVIS Chairman
SAN

Always at san diego ap and lax
Old May 8, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
does anyone here happen to know how much are the upgrade prices for the corvette cv's the last time you saw? preferably LAX but would be curious about other locations as well.
I know prices fluctuate a lot. I'm just trying to get an idea of how much to expect for upgrade because I'm planning on a reservation in the next weeks.

Thanks!
Old May 9, 2013, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by ELOW
does anyone here happen to know how much are the upgrade prices for the corvette cv's the last time you saw? preferably LAX but would be curious about other locations as well.
My only experience has been with the Hertz Carfirmation mobile alerts, which offer the option to choose another vehicle. From an Intermediate (C) reservation, they offered $23 a day as an upgrade fee to the 'Vette at SFO. It may be higher if you're trying to work it with an agent, but that's also negotiable.

I also wouldn't rely on this -- I was only offered a Corvette once, and it was after hitting refresh a dozen times.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:19 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
At FLL I tried upgrading from a regular convertible to a Corvette, they wanted $75 per day extra...
Old May 10, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, WOH Globalist, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
thanks for the input guys. I hope that if I do get the option to choose the corvette, it will be close to $23/day upgrade as well. Of course I'm not counting on it though. I booked a Midsize (C) reservation for end of May and was just hoping that I'll at least get a convertible to pick from either upgrade or gold choice. My preference would be a corvette although I am willing to take any convertible car which I'm hoping that since it's LAX they will at least have some kind of convertible for me to choose from. gotta refresh refresh until I get it

boomstar, when you said they wanted $75/day extra was that from the gold choice area or did you ask the agent to upgrade you?
Old May 12, 2013, 11:02 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
I asked for the upgrade
Old May 29, 2013, 8:38 am

Programs: USAirways Gold, Delta Gold, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, *wood Platinum
I have a Corvette Convertible reserved at TPA for the end of June. Do they actually have them there? If not, do they at least have the Camaro SS Convertibles? I'd hate to get stuck with a Volvo convertible or something like that.

EDIT: just got my question answered by calling the Tampa Hertz office. She said they had both the Corvette and Camaro SS convertibles. She said they also had the Dream Collection. I googled around and that apparently means Porches and Audi R8s, but the details are fuzzy. Hopefully I will be blessed enough to work my way into one of those, but we'll see.

Last edited by o2bnzhongguo; May 29, 2013 at 9:51 am
Old May 31, 2013, 9:34 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
Got me a red 60 th anniversary with 10k miles here,picked up at lax
Old May 31, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: United 1K 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz Prez
Originally Posted by steveo3002
Got me a red 60 th anniversary with 10k miles here,picked up at lax
My wife picked up a convertible here San Diego while on business. She drove it up and down the coast yesterday and today I have trade it in for a different car so all the luggage will fit now that I arrived.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:15 pm

Programs: hertz gold #1
Yes the luggage space is terrible, I luckily only had about 3 miles to go then repacked the bags because I had lots of gifts for someone, but we had to ride with a huge bag jammed in the passenger footwell and the trunk not closed down lol
Old Jun 4, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Called JAX to see if they keep any of the convertible Vette's. The agent mentioned that they have one or two in addition to a few convertible Camaro's.... and a Porche Boxster.

Renting for July 4th weekend. Could not reserve the Vette online but the airport agent recommended reserving a luxury and upgrading.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.