Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by aces_high
Confirming about 20-30 brand new Corvettes in SFO.
They had one with 30 dollar upgrade offer which I was ready to take them up upon, but somehow it ended up being 800 dollars worth of additional charges for a week rental.
They said they couldn't rent them for that upgrade charge one way, which I must say was extremely stupid!

Just think about it, 30 brand new vettes collecting dust in half empty SFO garage with practically every other car rented out to holiday travelers. Come on, who on earth is gonna rent a convertible in San Francisco weather in December?
I was practically doing them a favor because I was going to return it to Hollywood! Out of all locations, Hollywood HLE would be more than happy to have one of those, but stuck up SFO staff couldn't let one go. They wanted to give me a crappy 2012 Impala LT or similar, fabric seats, worn out interior, etc, so I settled for 25 dollar upgrade to 2013 Mustang..... sigh....
Yup I saw about 20+ on Dec 26 when picking up a car. They weren't offering them as upgrades yet when I asked.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
The two times I was assigned a Corvette were the two times I didn't show up due to last minute conflicts at SFO. I used to rent weekly from there as a PC on an F reservation. Unfortunately the staff were uptight about an upgrade to a G... all they usually offered were the 3-4 F cars they said they had left or an SUV that eats up gas. Did Status Match with National and usually book at each now... If Hertz were more reliable with the upgrades I'd stick there but unfortunately SFO has been Corvette or miss for me as of recent.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by demue
Yup I saw about 20+ on Dec 26 when picking up a car. They weren't offering them as upgrades yet when I asked.
lol, i was there literally next day! They had it for 30 bux upgrade but couldn't quote me that price.

I think their staff aren't that intelligent. When I asked them about Mustang's MyKey settings, they all looked at me like deer in headlights and aksed whether I meant that I locked key in car.... Facepalm...

Originally Posted by roadman3313
The two times I was assigned a Corvette were the two times I didn't show up due to last minute conflicts at SFO. I used to rent weekly from there as a PC on an F reservation. Unfortunately the staff were uptight about an upgrade to a G... all they usually offered were the 3-4 F cars they said they had left or an SUV that eats up gas. Did Status Match with National and usually book at each now... If Hertz were more reliable with the upgrades I'd stick there but unfortunately SFO has been Corvette or miss for me as of recent.
How on earth do you get Vettes assigned? what do you book?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
Originally Posted by drzoidberg
When will they get the C7 2014 Corvette?
id be keen to hear about this..got a vette booked for late may in lax , spose i will get the last high miles worn out c6 lol
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:54 am

RSW every time I pick up.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
I book a full-size on the Weekender rate at SFO. Usually Sat-Sun or Fri-Sun. So for $17.99/day plus taxes and fees that is what they assigned, a Corvette CV. However, if I pay more I can't even seem to get a PC upgrade on my F reservation (even once got a YC since they said they were out of F!)
Old Feb 20, 2013, 7:35 am

Programs: Hertz Gold
Hi folks. New member here and first time posting. My lady and I are flying into SFO in April and have reserved a Corvette convertible from 4/12 through 4/18 (7 days). I paid $791 including all taxes and fees. I'm just wondering what kind of a deal I got if any?
Old Feb 20, 2013, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Mozza79
Hi folks. New member here and first time posting. My lady and I are flying into SFO in April and have reserved a Corvette convertible from 4/12 through 4/18 (7 days). I paid $791 including all taxes and fees. I'm just wondering what kind of a deal I got if any?
That's about in line with what I pay for a Mercedes E class for the same time.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: Hertz Gold
Are they typically more or less expensive than the Corvettes?
Old Feb 26, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by roadman3313
I book a full-size on the Weekender rate at SFO. Usually Sat-Sun or Fri-Sun. So for $17.99/day plus taxes and fees that is what they assigned, a Corvette CV. However, if I pay more I can't even seem to get a PC upgrade on my F reservation (even once got a YC since they said they were out of F!)
I'm curious..how didy ou get 17.99 a day? I reserved an Standard car from May 30th to June 5th and my rate $245.60 with the amex platinum 20$ discount.

Also renting a corvette in LAX from June 5th to 10th and getting charged $624.99 + taxes for a total of $801. Can anyone reocmmend a better strategy here? should I rent a standard and hopefully get an upgrade? I'm a gold plus member
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by imajin
I'm curious..how didy ou get 17.99 a day? I reserved an Standard car from May 30th to June 5th and my rate $245.60 with the amex platinum 20$ discount.

Also renting a corvette in LAX from June 5th to 10th and getting charged $624.99 + taxes for a total of $801. Can anyone reocmmend a better strategy here? should I rent a standard and hopefully get an upgrade? I'm a gold plus member
I would not count on a paid upgrade for a specific car in the Prestige/Adrenaline collection.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 1:26 pm

one more question...

I have the corvette reserved for LAX. I'll need to drive to the hotel where i'll be dropping luggage off. I know the trunk is suposed to be very tight. ANY chance of me carrying a medium sized suitcase

actual size: 26" x 17" x 11.5"

Worst case do you thihnk this would fit in front of the passenger's legs?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 5:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA GGL/CCR, AMEX Cent, HHonours Diamond, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I'm fairly certain my suitcase is bigger than that and it fit comfortably in the boot, with room to spare. I wouldn't rely on putting it in the passenger seat as it's quite a compact area
Old Feb 27, 2013, 6:43 am

I have a similarly sized suitcase, and it fits fine in my current Corvette CV rental, plus my large camera backpack, plus my carry on briefcase. There's even room for another piece of paper, you'll be fine.
Old May 6, 2013, 6:01 am

Programs: hertz gold #1
just wondering what colors they have at lax right now...picking one up soon

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.