Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2011, 4:28 pm

Programs: Hertz Presidents Circle, National EE, Lots of Stupid CCs&The I Am Crazy Enough To Actually Pay For F
Originally Posted by BonzoESC
It looks like I can't reserve one of these at TPA later this month

If the car can change gear ratios for you it's an automatic, regardless of technology.
the correct term is automated manual, PDK and DSG function the same as traditional manual transmissions with clutches that are automated, first generation used 1 and newer versions use 2 alternating between gears so its ready to grab the next gear super quick. if it was an automatic transmission (PDK predecessor Tiptronic was automatic) it would still have many items that they dont such as a torque converter etc that traditional automatics have. sorry im a car guy, not trying to be a jerk just explaining the differences.

on the corvettes about 15 more of them recently went through the wholesale auctions ranging from around 25k miles to 45k miles. some of them are appearing on ebay, some are sans stripe.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 6:13 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Saw 2 of them at FLL this weekend including a new 2012 one that I rented that only had 2500 miles on it. Colors of them were red and silver.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 8:26 am
Moderator, Omni, Omni/PR, Omni/Games, FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K MM; Hilton Diamond
Saw one at SBA a week or two ago; when the counter agent said, "We've got a really nice car for you today," and I saw it in the lot, I figured perhaps they'd upgraded me really well. Alas, I had a Nissan Altima or something similar.
Old Sep 26, 2011, 9:28 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Asked at the Red side of TPA on Friday, and they didn't have any on either side. Went with a 2011 Mustang V6 Coupe instead, and wasn't 100% disappointed.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:35 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
You might be able to get 2 small golf bags in a vert but that is it.
I dont think you would have a chance with a larger cart bag, and def not golf travel bags.
Never put clubs in a hardtop but I would imagine there is much more room.

Originally Posted by BonzoESC
The Chevrolet website says it has 11 cubic feet of space, and can fit two golf bags. Not sure if that's with the top up or down (there's a removable partition to free up more space at the cost of preventing the top from operating).

I can fit two carry-on size bags and a messenger bag in the back and still put the top down.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:24 am

I just sucessfully booked a Corvette convertible at LAX for a week in June. I've had the ZHZ several times. Can anyone tell me what's different on the Corvettes they have now?

/Vim
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
I just sucessfully booked a Corvette convertible at LAX for a week in June. I've had the ZHZ several times. Can anyone tell me what's different on the Corvettes they have now?

/Vim
You're gonna enjoy it

From what I can tell they no longer have the ZHZs (which interestingly used to be classified as XEAR); those were only built in 2008 and 2009, and were retired between 2010 and early-2011. The only model in the fleet now is the Corvette Convertible (U6, PTAR, Adrenaline Collection).

Last December I rented one of these out in SLC and wrote a ride report about it. Mine was red but other people have gotten them in other colors; not sure if there are any yellow ones though

-J.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:46 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K

/Vim
I drove a silver 2012 Hertz Corvette convertible out of LAX about a month ago and it had 16,000 miles on it. It had Sirius but no Neverlost. There was also a red one pulling out of the lot when I arrived.

They are all the base model now with a manual top that is very easy and quick to operate and allows for additional room in the trunk when the top is up. Just as much fun to drive as the old ZHZ's, although I do miss the louder dual mode exhaust that the ZHZ's had.

More recently I have noticed Hertz has been providing only one key which is nice rather than being stuck with two large remotes in your pocket.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold

/Vim
OT but love the username "My name is Vim Fuego and I let my guitar speak for me"

I could go on.....

Spike
Old Apr 24, 2012, 10:16 pm

Programs: Lotz
Spotted twice at DCA.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
LAX last weekend had two 2012 Corvettes with 26,000 and 28,000 miles. There was also a 2013 Corvette with only 6,000 miles. It looks like Hertz has started to add some 2013's to the fleet. They are identifiable by the 60th anniversary emblems.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:40 am

Programs: UA Gold (.85 MM), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), Hertz PC, National EE
I had a 2013 Convertible for the this last week in OGG. I chose red, but white was also available. Both had less than 300 miles on them.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 12:18 pm

When will they get the C7 2014 Corvette?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 7:45 pm

Programs: None
Just saw about 20 at SFO. All have just been plated Dec 2012, in the overflow lot. Did not fo up and look at the options, was washing my company car.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: ANA Miledge club, JAL Miledge bank, Hertz #1 Gold
Confirming about 20-30 brand new Corvettes in SFO.
They had one with 30 dollar upgrade offer which I was ready to take them up upon, but somehow it ended up being 800 dollars worth of additional charges for a week rental.
They said they couldn't rent them for that upgrade charge one way, which I must say was extremely stupid!

Just think about it, 30 brand new vettes collecting dust in half empty SFO garage with practically every other car rented out to holiday travelers. Come on, who on earth is gonna rent a convertible in San Francisco weather in December?
I was practically doing them a favor because I was going to return it to Hollywood! Out of all locations, Hollywood HLE would be more than happy to have one of those, but stuck up SFO staff couldn't let one go. They wanted to give me a crappy 2012 Impala LT or similar, fabric seats, worn out interior, etc, so I settled for 25 dollar upgrade to 2013 Mustang..... sigh....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.