Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hertz Corvettes - where have you seen one recently?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2011, 8:16 pm

oh ! Now they are proposing "OR Similar" for Corvette convertible...
Let Me think ... WHAT IN EARTH (sorry Hertz) can be "SIMILAR" to a convertible corvette ?
lol
Old Mar 23, 2011, 11:51 pm

Saw 7 of them at SJC, not sure if they were convertibles or not.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 6:00 pm

Seen 5 convertible ZHZ's at LAS On 17th March. All in good shape.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 12:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hertz 5*
Arrived at LAX tonight to see the corvette convertible I reserved...had 35XXX miles on it, a few scratches and nicks on it but nothing to serious. Too bad it was DOA and wouldnt start!

Took them nearly an hour for them to find me another one. If I hadn`t still seen the dead one in its spot I would of thought this replacement one was the exact same car. It also had some scratches n such and 35XXX miles on it as well. Drove it around for awhile just to find out the neverlost shuts off and comes on when it feels like it, good thing I brought my own.

I`ll be certainly sending in an email after this rental has finished!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 8:57 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
FLL had ZHZ for me....

Had a ZHZ yellow Vette week of Mar 13th.

Had a crown vic w/ squeaky breaks. Went inside & "how would a Corvette be sir?".
Exxcellent....
Old Mar 26, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
Maybe a good call for the optional insurance?

I am sure Hertz is happy w/ this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCO4lG0fO0&NR=1

It is a very fun car to drive!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:03 am

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Wingtipflyer1
I am sure Hertz is happy w/ this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RCO4lG0fO0&NR=1

It is a very fun car to drive!
That's nothing special, I did that in a Prius last time I was in vegas
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: National EE, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond, AC 50K
Originally Posted by boomstar
Arrived at LAX tonight to see the corvette convertible I reserved...had 35XXX miles on it, a few scratches and nicks on it but nothing to serious. Too bad it was DOA and wouldnt start!

Took them nearly an hour for them to find me another one. If I hadn`t still seen the dead one in its spot I would of thought this replacement one was the exact same car. It also had some scratches n such and 35XXX miles on it as well. Drove it around for awhile just to find out the neverlost shuts off and comes on when it feels like it, good thing I brought my own.

I`ll be certainly sending in an email after this rental has finished!
In 2009 I had a 2008 Corvette convertible rental out of SFO with no GPS or satellite radio (it was a month before the ZHZ's arrived).

When I mentioned this to Hertz they gave me a credit for not having satellite radio but they wouldn't do anything about the GPS as it's technically not included as part of the fun collection even though since they started renting with the 2007 Corvettes all of them have had the Neverlost.

I would still definitely mention the broken Neverlost along with the amount of time you had to wait to get a working car. With paying a premium price to rent the Corvette your expectations are definitely higher for good service. Also on that note it would be nice if they sent the cars out for detailing every couple of months as the airport car wash they run them through doesn't really do a great job.
Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:40 pm

Arrived at LAX this evening and a ZHZ with 34k mikes was in my spot. No neverlost that was fine I have my own gps. I'm ready to pull out and I remember to check the satellite radio. Sure enough only the preview channel. They then offered another one with 39k miles with both satellite radio and neverlost. I hesitated because of the higher mileage but really wanted the satellite radio.

See the other thread for details on the new Camaro SS they offered to upgrade me to.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by turbov6
Arrived at LAX this evening and a ZHZ with 34k mikes was in my spot. No neverlost that was fine I have my own gps. I'm ready to pull out and I remember to check the satellite radio. Sure enough only the preview channel. They then offered another one with 39k miles with both satellite radio and neverlost. I hesitated because of the higher mileage but really wanted the satellite radio.

See the other thread for details on the new Camaro SS they offered to upgrade me to.
I returned the ZHZ with just over 40,000 miles on it. I walked around a bit yesterday and saw a few others still on the lot.

Two issues with this one I had. A couple times the convertible top stopped half way going up or down with a message "Attach Trunk Partition" on the dash. That's kind of hard to do when the trunk lid is closed and you can't raise or lower the top and it's half up in the air already. Luckily I was able to reach in and pull the trunk partition back onto the post. Needless to say after that I was very careful about where I put the top up or down so I didn't get stranded somewhere.

The other issue is the dual note exhaust was stuck in the always loud mode. At first this was entertaining driving around town with it loud all the time, but it didn't take long on the highway for this to become pretty annoying as it really drones loudly inside the car if you are in 5th or 6th gear. Luckily switching into 3rd or 4th gear brings the revs up high enough it's not quite as loud. When this option is working properly the exhaust should only open up and be louder above 3500 rpm.

Other than that the performance and ride and handling were great considering the mileage. These cars are definitely past their time in the rental fleet and here is to hoping Hertz replaces them with some new ones soon.

Overall I'm happy I choose the Corvette. The Camaro SS is a great car too, but not worth paying $200 more for a weekend to rent in my opinion. When the rental price of the Camaro drops below the Corvette I'll definitely consider renting one.
Old May 5, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: United 1K
Saw one in Atlanta last week.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 12:10 am

Programs: Qantas Frequent Flyer
Hertz Corvette's in Tampa

I live in Australia, and wish to rent a Corvette from Tampa One Way to Miami Floridia.

Does anyone know any information how to advance book one of these, if they are still available? I want one for exactely 27th December 2011 at approx 8pm or later pickup.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by icey1nz
I live in Australia, and wish to rent a Corvette from Tampa One Way to Miami Floridia.

Does anyone know any information how to advance book one of these, if they are still available? I want one for exactely 27th December 2011 at approx 8pm or later pickup.
You usually can't rent the 'collection cars' one way. It might make sense to do the 4 hour drive back if you want to rent one.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by jfranci3
You usually can't rent the 'collection cars' one way. It might make sense to do the 4 hour drive back if you want to rent one.
The odd time the system will let you do a one way collection rental if the two locations are close enough.

The Corvette and Adrenaline collection do not appear to be available at TPA. The nearest available location would likely be MCO.

You could possibly do a one-way rental from TPA to MCO for a day. Pickup the Corvette at MCO and then do a one-way from MCO to MIA.

How long are you renting for?

I ran a quote on hertz.com selecting the Corvette for a one-way rental from MCO to MIA starting on Dec 27th and it was $199/day or $1400 for the week plus $100 drop fee.

Renting the same car returning at MCO instead was around $450 cheaper at $1029 for the week. So essentially it is costing you almost $500 to do the one way. It might be cheaper though if you are only renting it a couple days.

Christmas week is definitely peak time in Florida for renting cars. I've seen off peak rates for the Corvette as low as $500-600/week at some locations. Plus of course the extra fees for insurance which are pretty much required as most credit card insurance coverage or personal auto insurance policies will not cover the Corvette.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 6:40 pm

Are all the corvettes automatic with hertz? I'm looking to get one for my dad in FL on christmas day, but he has not driven in the US for a while and even though he drives manuals with us being in the UK, I think pushing it the other way may be too much especially with the power.

Also is $150 for a days rental seen as a good rate these days?

Last edited by westers; Sep 4, 2011 at 2:19 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.