Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Consolidated "Renting at SLC; What Kind of Cars to Expect?" Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 1:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanuim/Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Gold, United Silver
Renting at Salt Lake City a few weeks ago. THe only 4x4 cars in the PC or Gold Aisles were 4x4 trucks that did have Mud and Snow Tires so took one of those. PLenty of SuVs but none were AWD. Walked around the 4 aisles checking the back of every vehicle.
Old May 1, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: United: Non-revver, IHG: Plat elite, Hertz: PC, Avis: PC, Enterprise: Platinum
Rented in SLC this past friday, landed around 9PM and made it to the rental car center shortly after

PC was a pick your own flavor 3 row SUV (Dodge durango, ford explorer, chevy traverse, and even an expedition)
5* had a couple of 300's (one black, one white, both in the S trim), malibus, and a few ford edges/equinoxes
Gold aisle had some smaller SUV's (equinoxes and buicks), and a few different types of smaller sedan's that I forgot.

I asked the gold star counter if there were any coupes or V8's available... nothing in stock or in the bay waiting to get cleaned.

Even though I'm PC, i ended up taking the black on black 300S from 5* since it was just me, drove well and no complaints!

Last edited by mhd1998; May 1, 2023 at 3:14 pm Reason: Spelling
Old May 23, 2023, 10:55 am

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott G, Hertz PC, Avis PC
SLC last Saturday afternoon, all cars at PC are mid to full-size SUVS, ford, nissan and chevy. End up with the only Nissan Rouge but only 200 miles on it. They have free water bottles at the rental counter. Well staffed.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2023, 11:11 am

Programs: AA PPro, Hyatt GLOB, AC 50K
Picked up here last week around 10:30 pm on a Monday. They had any car you wanted in PC, as long as you wanted an Expedition Max or Suburban. There were also a few Tahoes and regular Expeditions mixed in. There were at least a dozen of these out there. Nothing smaller available in Gold or Five Star with the exception of a very smoky Buick Encore GX and a well-used Fusion Hybrid SE. Ended up with a Tahoe Premier with ~5k miles and functioning XM.
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Iberia Oro
Going to pick up in SLC on the 16th. Any one know if there are Chagers or BMWs(3s or 5s) in PC/5* aisle?
Sounds like they only have SUVs in there...
Old Sep 2, 2023, 10:29 am

Programs: United: Non-revver, IHG: Plat elite, Hertz: PC, Avis: PC, Enterprise: Platinum
Last I rented there- there were a few 300 S trims in 5*, I think there were a few based model chargers in 5* too... PC mostly had SUV's
Old Oct 27, 2023, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Skaos
Going to pick up in SLC on the 16th. Any one know if there are Chagers or BMWs(3s or 5s) in PC/5* aisle?
Sounds like they only have SUVs in there...
Now that you've rented, care to share what was available? Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 8:08 pm

Any large SUVs recently? Looking for 8 passenger
Old Jan 13, 2024, 9:34 am

MLK wknd

Reserved a compact SUV for pickup 1/12 9 AM. The board just pointed me to the PC lot, no indication of an actual reserved car. PC had every generic midsize SUV you could want, and a few large, but virtually all 2wd. Holiday wknd plus a storm, so no surprise. 5* looked like mostly sedans but I didn’t look closely.

I think I got the one AWD in the PC lot, a blazer with close to 70k miles. And I feel lucky to have gotten that.

Last edited by whiskeyplease; Jan 22, 2024 at 11:59 am
Old Feb 16, 2024, 11:48 am

Rented again on Tuesday 2/13 around 9 AM. Lots of SUVs/crossovers in PC/5 Star, relatively few sedans, and the occasional Challenger/Mustang. Plenty of AWD/4WD; the most common models seemed to be Ford Edges and Chevy Equinoxes, with a decent selection of bigger (Suburban/Tahoe/Expedition/Explorer). Chose a Hyundai Santa Fe with 2k miles, it was in good shape and drove really smooth.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 1:06 pm

Picked up today (Friday 2/23) right at 7am. PC was pick your color Edge (AWD) and Equinox. Couple of Rogues. Standouts were an Expedition XLT (2WD) and Nissan Armada (2WD). 5 Star looked to be only sedans. Gold the same, plus one Escape.

Waited awhile but they just kept bringing more Equinoxes. Reserved spaces were chock full of nice SUVs, which I guess is to be expected this time of year.

Grabbed an Edge for the AWD, not very exciting but I booked midsize sedan so definitely an upgrade.

edit - also a Durango in PC, which I initially took but brought back 15 minutes later due to an issue with the volume selector.

Last edited by DanEar; Feb 23, 2024 at 1:09 pm Reason: remembered one more car!
Old Feb 26, 2024, 3:45 pm

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
Originally Posted by DanEar
Picked up today (Friday 2/23) right at 7am. PC was pick your color Edge (AWD) and Equinox. Couple of Rogues. Standouts were an Expedition XLT (2WD) and Nissan Armada (2WD). 5 Star looked to be only sedans. Gold the same, plus one Escape.

Waited awhile but they just kept bringing more Equinoxes. Reserved spaces were chock full of nice SUVs, which I guess is to be expected this time of year.

Grabbed an Edge for the AWD, not very exciting but I booked midsize sedan so definitely an upgrade.

edit - also a Durango in PC, which I initially took but brought back 15 minutes later due to an issue with the volume selector.
This got considerably worse over the course of the day. I arrived at around 1130pm (n.b., Hertz SLC apparently closes at 11 and staff does not wait up for delayed flights -- got cursed out by the gate attendant who did not want to let me and the two cars ahead of me in line leave).

By 11:30, PC had been reduced to two cars: both poorly cleaned, 2WD Equinoxes. No SUVs in five star and nothing with AWD/4WD. Forecast for the weekend was clear so I ended up with a Camaro in Park City...
Old Mar 4, 2024, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by whiskeyplease
Rented again on Tuesday 2/13 around 9 AM. Lots of SUVs/crossovers in PC/5 Star, relatively few sedans, and the occasional Challenger/Mustang. Plenty of AWD/4WD; the most common models seemed to be Ford Edges and Chevy Equinoxes, with a decent selection of bigger (Suburban/Tahoe/Expedition/Explorer). Chose a Hyundai Santa Fe with 2k miles, it was in good shape and drove really smooth.
I'm picking up in PC this Wednesday around noon - I'm hoping to see the same selection. Fingers crossed....
Old Mar 26, 2024, 2:53 pm

3/23 9 AM

Rented here again Saturday 3/23 around 9 AM. PC was basically all cookie cutter midsize SUVs/crossover. Ford Escapes and Edges seemed the most common, with a random assortment of others (Jeep compass/ latitude, Nissan rogue, various GMC/chevys). Plenty of AWD but nothing especially interesting, except maybe a Cadillac XT4 in five star. Tried to grab that but it was locked - guessing someone took the keys and went back for bags? Maybe I’ll try that next time bag claim is slow.

Gold/five star seemed to have more sedans but I didn’t look closely. Ended up in a Ford Edge Titanium AWD with 40k miles. Nothing special but at least titanium brings some convenient features.

Last edited by whiskeyplease; Mar 27, 2024 at 6:11 pm
Old Apr 14, 2024, 5:54 pm

Will be going to slc in mid May, can I expect large suv's in the PC area? If not can I upgrade to a large suv with $25/day premium upgrade?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.