Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.H. Warrior Football Team Nationally Ranked!!! [2007 Season]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2007, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
Thumbs up UH QB Colt Brennan Named WAC Player Of The Week!!!

Brennan completed 85% of his passes for 416 yards and 6 TD's vs. Div. I-AA Northern Colorado. The game was such a blowout that Brennan and most of the first stringers were showered and in street clothes by the start of the third quarter. Next game: 9/8 @ Louisiana Tech. http://uhfootball.blogspot.com/

Last edited by kaukau; Sep 3, 2007 at 9:50 pm
Old Sep 3, 2007, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by kaukau
Brennan completed 85% of his passes for 416 yards and 6 TD's vs. Div. I-AA Northern Colorado. The game was such a blowout that Brennan and most of the first stringers were showered and in street clothes by the start of the third quarter. Next game: 9/8 @ Louisiana Tech. http://uhfootball.blogspot.com/
Shame we couldn't be there on Saturday, but we won't be missing from here on out. Go Warriors!
Old Sep 4, 2007, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

And Hawaii keeps rising in the rankings! #20 in the AP poll; #22 in the coaches' poll.
Old Sep 8, 2007, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'm recovering after a heart attack from Hawaii's narrow OT win against LA Tech:
http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...goryId=2564308

:Phew:!

Last edited by slippahs; Sep 8, 2007 at 10:05 pm
Old Sep 9, 2007, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Ho brah! 45-44! It doesn't get any narrower than that! We remain at #22 in the USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll; The AP Top 25 Rankings should come out tomorrow; and Boise State should drop out of both after their loss 24-10 loss to Washington yesterday. Next game: Sep 15 @ UNLV: Big ALOHA to all the UH fans who are going to be at at Sam Boyd Stadium next Saturday for the game against the Rebels!

Go Warriors!
Old Sep 9, 2007, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Ho brah! 45-44! It doesn't get any narrower than that! We remain at #22 in the USA Today Top 25 Coaches Poll; The AP Top 25 Rankings should come out tomorrow; and Boise State should drop out of both after their loss 24-10 loss to Washington yesterday. Next game: Sep 15 @ UNLV: Big ALOHA to all the UH fans who are going to be at at Sam Boyd Stadium next Saturday for the game against the Rebels!

Go Warriors!
Hawaii drops to #24 in the AP polls.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...all/appoll.htm

Mean, no?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Mean, yes!

I'll tell you what: the UNLV Runnin' Rebels put a BIG scare into the (then) #5 ranked Wisconsin Badgers last Saturday at Sam Boyd Stadium; losing only in the last few minutes 20-13. The Warriors have their work cut out for them this coming Saturday in Las Vegas: UNLV is no pushover!

On a side note, UH QB Colt Brennan and UH Placekicker Dan Kelly were named WAC Players Of The Week: Brennan on Offense, and Kelly on Special Teams.

Go Warriors!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I'll tell you what: the UNLV Runnin' Rebels put a BIG scare into the (then) #5 ranked Wisconsin Badgers last Saturday at Sam Boyd Stadium; losing only in the last few minutes 20-13. The Warriors have their work cut out for them this coming Saturday in Las Vegas: UNLV is no pushover!
But even after the almost-huge-upset by LA Tech, the Vegas odds are still going against their homeboys and making Hawaii a 17 point favorite. Should be a good one. We'll be going down to a sportsbar to catch the game!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by slippahs
But even after the almost-huge-upset by LA Tech, the Vegas odds are still going against their homeboys and making Hawaii a 17 point favorite. Should be a good one. We'll be going down to a sportsbar to catch the game!
Side Street Inn?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Side Street Inn?
The Shack? ^
Old Sep 11, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
The Shack? ^
That's a great idea!
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Ripper3785
Side Street Inn?
Saw the game at Ige's. Good crowd, but get there early. We had just made it in and were squeezed in. Good fried rice.

Warriors movin' up in the polls! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
#19 AP/#18 Coaches. Go Warriors!

Thankfully, there's only one more away game not broadcast on cable (Idaho) and we'll be off-island so we'll probably catch it on AM1420. Then San Jose State and Nevada will be on ESPN/ESPN2. ^

Brennan's ankle probably is not a good thing. Hope the trainers get it spiffy soon! Else Graunke's gonna haveta play against Charleston-Southern.
Old Sep 16, 2007, 1:35 pm
Original Poster

Next Saturday, the Big South Conference's Div 1-AA Charleston Southern comes to Aloha Stadium to meet their fate at the hands of the UH Warriors.

Charleston Southern is 0-2 on the road this season; 1-2 overall.

Go Warriors!
Old Sep 22, 2007, 3:19 am

Programs: HA Gold, Wn CP, US Silver, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres Circle*, HH silver,
Thumbs down UH vs UNLV

Good game! We were not impressed with the UNLV stadium and parking facilities. Dirt parking lots with sand blowing all over. Nevada State Troopers seemed on their game, stopping much drama ASAP. IMHO, avoid UNLV unless you are a gamblinling addict!
Looking foward to San Jose St.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:14 am

Programs: ASMVPG,HHG,SPGG
I agree about the stadium and game.But I have to say ,it was a great way to spend my 55th birthday even if it was a little warm for this Alaskan!!
I was glad to finally get to see the 'Bows and they were everything I had heard they were.
The one sad thing was the Rebel's student behavior in the stands.Lots of fights.
But still a great game at a great price,$33 all in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.