Community
Wiki Posts
Search

U.H. Warrior Football Team Nationally Ranked!!! [2007 Season]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2007, 11:43 am

Programs: AS MVP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by akdude
I agree about the stadium and game.But I have to say ,it was a great way to spend my 55th birthday even if it was a little warm for this Alaskan!!
I was glad to finally get to see the 'Bows and they were everything I had heard they were.
The one sad thing was the Rebel's student behavior in the stands.Lots of fights.
But still a great game at a great price,$33 all in.
'Bows? Brah, ya gotta get outta the 90's!
Old Sep 22, 2007, 5:13 pm

Programs: ASMVPG,HHG,SPGG
Originally Posted by Ripper3785
'Bows? Brah, ya gotta get outta the 90's!
90's more like the 70's dude
Old Sep 22, 2007, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
Originally Posted by akdude
90's more like the 70's dude
The "Bows" short for Rainbows was removed upon the start of JJ's tenure at Hawaii. So 70s or 90s, they were still the 'Bows.

Irregardless, 'Bows or Warriors or whatever you call them. CB expected to start tonight. Go Warriors!
Old Sep 23, 2007, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Okay game; Colt did not start. Graunke was in and threw a couple picks. Charleston Southern was obviously a very weak team. Like Robert said, this was UH-Warrior scrimmage #2.

Absolutely poor sportsmanship by many in the stands. Booing Graunke and chanting "We Want Colt." I mean, give Graunke a chance!

In any case, as Colt would say, it's all about the "W's." That's what they got tonight.
Old Sep 23, 2007, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
After their 66 to 10 blowout of Charleston Southern, Hawai'i (4-0), remains ranked #19 in the AP Top 25, and moves up to #17 in the USA Today rankings! Heres how it all shapes up for week 4: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex
Old Sep 25, 2007, 4:43 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
UH Football Tickets

I'm going to attend the homecoming game on 10/27 versus New Mexico. I was trying to buy field level tickets but the only ones left are near the goal line to 10 yard line. There are some club level tickets available closer to the 20 yard line. Are the seats good in the club level? I understand there are only 4 rows on that level.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hawaiiansports
I'm going to attend the homecoming game on 10/27 versus New Mexico. I was trying to buy field level tickets but the only ones left are near the goal line to 10 yard line. There are some club level tickets available closer to the 20 yard line. Are the seats good in the club level? I understand there are only 4 rows on that level.
The "club" level (or brown section) is okay. You'll still get a good view of the game, but it is a little higher up. You're very isolated, though.

Go with the orange 10-yard line seats (as long as they're high in the orange section and not low--talking row 22+). Our seats are actually 10 yard line, orange, 20 rows up and we can see pretty well except the 10 yard line on the other end.

If you can get Blue at the 20 or 10, that's good too.

Either the Blue or Orange section gets you closer to the game and its nice to have the fans surrounding you. The rumble of the rust-ridden stadium as the wave approaches is something that's better experienced in the lower sections than in the Brown/Red/Orange sections.
Old Sep 26, 2007, 12:14 pm

Programs: Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by slippahs
The "club" level (or brown section) is okay. You'll still get a good view of the game, but it is a little higher up. You're very isolated, though.

Go with the orange 10-yard line seats (as long as they're high in the orange section and not low--talking row 22+). Our seats are actually 10 yard line, orange, 20 rows up and we can see pretty well except the 10 yard line on the other end.

If you can get Blue at the 20 or 10, that's good too.

Either the Blue or Orange section gets you closer to the game and its nice to have the fans surrounding you. The rumble of the rust-ridden stadium as the wave approaches is something that's better experienced in the lower sections than in the Brown/Red/Orange sections.
Thanks for the reply. I ended up getting the field level seats. Section F about a dozen rows up.
Old Oct 1, 2007, 9:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

#16 AP / #15 Coaches. Go Warriors!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 3:15 am
Original Poster

#16 AP / #15 Coaches. Go Warriors!
Just got home from Vegas today, and while perusing the sports books, noticed that the Warriors are a 40 point favorite over Utah State this Saturday at Aloha Stadium. 40 Points! That was the largest point spread on the boards in college football this week by a mile! 40 points! Holy shnykies! That's some big spread! Go Warriors!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kaukau
Just got home from Vegas today, and while perusing the sports books, noticed that the Warriors are a 40 point favorite over Utah State this Saturday at Aloha Stadium. 40 Points! That was the largest point spread on the boards in college football this week by a mile! 40 points! Holy shnykies! That's some big spread! Go Warriors!
Not really impressive in my mind, though. Utah State is 0 and 5 with a terrible losing streak. This is like another Div 1-AA team (though UH should not take them, or any opponent, lightly).
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Not really impressive in my mind, though. Utah State is 0 and 5 with a terrible losing streak. This is like another Div 1-AA team (though UH should not take them, or any opponent, lightly).
40 points reminds me of those Nebraska spreads from the mid-eighties, when the 'Huskers used to be 50 point favorites and cover! I suppose another 66-10 victory over an opponent at home, and we're the 'Huskers of the new century!

Go Warriors!
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Graunke Replaces Brennan; UH Beats Utah St., 52 - 37

UH wins; does not cover: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...594130872.html
Old Oct 7, 2007, 2:52 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Another Warrior Win!

Being on the mainland, I was able to watch a live feed of the Utah State game through Hawaiian Telcom's HTSportsnet (http://www.htsportsnet.com). While the picture quality is nothing to write home about (think regular streaming video a la Youtube, etc.), I was somewhat perturbed about the feed periodically going out on me, which necessitated a reload of the video stream. In any regards, the $9.95 price tag for that game (or $39.95 for all home games not being nationally televised) is better than the $60 Oceanic/Time Warner charges PER GAME.

About the game:
Classic shootout: Plenty offense, relatively sluggish defense from both sides (IMO). Colt started the game but seemed to have re-aggravated his ankle injury after getting drilled by a USU linebacker just before the end of the first half. He'd leave the game for good after going 3 and out on the first offensive series in the second half. Graunke in for the rest of the 3rd and part of the 4th, recording 3 TD passes. Eventually replaced by Funaki once the lead built up to 25 points.

Final score: 52-37 Hawaii, far from the 40 point spread on the books.

Short turnaround for the Warriors as they head to San Jose to play the Spartans in a Friday matchup (to be televised on ESPN).
Old Oct 7, 2007, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Aiyah, is all I have to say about this game. We were at Aloha Stadium tonight underneath ponchos we purchased from Longs before the game. Good call to the SO for thinking about the rain. The Hawaii D really needs to step it up; terrible missed tackles. Colt needs to get 100% better, else the end of the schedule won't look so promising. With New Mexico, Fresno, Boise, and UW coming to town, the last 6 games won't come as easy as the first.

Go Warriors. Though I expect a slight drop in the polls. Wasn't impressive enough for all the voters who'll wake up tomorrow and see a victory margin of only 14, to a team that has now lost 12 straight...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.