Wiki Posts
Search

U.H. Warrior Football Team Nationally Ranked!!! [2007 Season]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2007, 2:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: HA Pua. Platinum WP, PR, QF, UA, AA, DL, NW Prince Preferred
U.H. Warrior Football Team Nationally Ranked!!! [2007 Season]

For the first time in program history, the U.H. Warrior football team took to the practice field in Fall camp as a nationally ranked team!!! Hawai'i was placed 24th in the U.S.A. Today Coaches Poll, released today, one spot behind fellow W.A.C. member Boise State! U.S.C. was ranked #1 overall.

Go Warriors!!! Fall camp for the '07 season officially got underway today. What a great way to start our season!!!
Old Aug 4, 2007, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Location: Honolulu, Hawaiʻi [+MKK4 EBBER R577 EDSEL R577 ELKEY EXERT]
It's too bad they have a weak schedule. I was at a fair amount of home games last year. Hopefully I'll be able to repeat. And hopefully Colt will be as sharp as he was last year.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Home opener: Sep. 1st vs N. Col. State. Go Warriors!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:58 am

Programs: UA, HA, CO
Originally Posted by slippahs
It's too bad they have a weak schedule. I was at a fair amount of home games last year. Hopefully I'll be able to repeat. And hopefully Colt will be as sharp as he was last year.
U.H.'s 2007 schedule is (IIRC) unfortunately the second weakest in Division I-A. Though I feel like I'm quickly getting ahead of myself, I like the anticipation that, barring an upset, U.H. could potentially be unbeaten heading into their match up against Boise State. We'll see if they're as sharp as they were last year.....(hopefully they are)

I didn't have a chance to go to any of their games last year, but I've already got reservations/tickets set for their road games in Vegas and San Jose. Reno is still up in the air as of now.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 8:19 pm

Programs: Sunoco Gas Card
also too bad you can't watch them on TV unless you subscribe to the Pay per View package. And yes, I go to a majority of the games, so very annoying that the few I miss I can't watch on TV.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 3:52 am

Programs: S3
Originally Posted by kaukau
For the first time in program history, the U.H. Warrior football team took to the practice field in Fall camp as a nationally ranked team!!! Hawai'i was placed 24th in the U.S.A. Today Coaches Poll, released today, one spot behind fellow W.A.C. member Boise State! U.S.C. was ranked #1 overall.

Go Warriors!!! Fall camp for the '07 season officially got underway today. What a great way to start our season!!!
A shout out to all the Kahuku boys on the squad
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Why am I not surprised?

http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/17/sports/story02.html

"Sample claims UH drug tests not random"
Old Aug 19, 2007, 9:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Why did it take this long? It would seem that one UH campus visit for high school recruits would clinch the deal for a lot of talented players from the Midwest and Northeast -- especially if they visit during the winter.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by dhuey
Why did it take this long? It would seem that one UH campus visit for high school recruits would clinch the deal for a lot of talented players from the Midwest and Northeast -- especially if they visit during the winter.
Perhaps there's the whole scholarship issue. Even Brennan didn't receive a scholarship until his 2nd year with the Warriors. So there's no enough bait that June can throw overboard.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Wow - there's some pretty controversial stuff in his blog!: http://myspace.com/warriorbook

The Star-Bulletin does't say by whom or by who's request the chapters posted in the blog above were deleted.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Wow - there's some pretty controversial stuff in his blog!: http://myspace.com/warriorbook

The Star-Bulletin does't say by whom or by who's request the chapters posted in the blog above were deleted.
Seeing how the Starbulletin article states that not even the Coaches have read the book, it was likely the publisher in fear of lawsuits for defamation. Who knows for sure... but interesting nonetheless, no?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:51 am

Programs: United 1K, Hyatt Gold
A weak schedule b/c they couldn't get anyone to play them. Why would a big name non-conf team want to risk a loss whne they could schedule a sure win? Especially after the scare Hawaii put into Alabama last year.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by slippahs
... but interesting nonetheless, no?
Warriors' coach June Jones says "No!"

In todays Star-Bulletin he calls Sample's writings "a lie" and "dishonorable".

http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/21/sports/story01.html
Old Aug 21, 2007, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Warriors' coach June Jones says "No!"

In todays Star-Bulletin he calls Sample's writings "a lie" and "dishonorable".

http://starbulletin.com/2007/08/21/sports/story01.html
Funny. Jones' only called the drug testing lines a "lie" and only said that the other parts were "dishonorable." As if to imply that those "other" parts were truth.... Hmmm.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Talking UH AD Will Leave "No Stone(r) Unturned"

University of Hawaii athletic director Herman Frazier yesterday refuted charges by former Warrior Ian Sample that the athletic department manipulated drug testing to protect star players; and - in a rather ironic choice of words - said he and a review committee are leaving "no stone unturned" - - in looking into allegations Sample made regarding marijuana and steroid use. See article below:

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...708220396/1032

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.