Wiki Posts
Search

Trump Waikiki Vs. Hyatt Regency Waikiki

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:09 am

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Grand Wailea for a good price? What's a good price?

I think GW rates have come down since their foreclosure..

Officially, I've got 5 nights on HNL.. and actively looking.. Halekulani.. checked out Hilton Hawaiian Village.. Aulani is out of sorts.. still need to check out the Trump.. my wife wants to stay in one.. I was going to look into Trump in NY, but booked 6 nights at the Plaza instead..
Sorry AM, you're right. I should have posted that.
I found the Grand Wailea online (and I really think it was "Cheaptickets" a few years ago) for $225 US per night. That, unfortunately, is a VERY good price!

Just checked and it's about $331 now, but you may be able to get that down if you look at specific dates.

We like to stay at G.W., but we always go to Four Seasons for Breakfast, on their Lanai. As you probably know, it's right next door.

Even though we are not kids, we LOVE the water park at Grand Wailea. We spend a lot of time there.

The G.W. is our favorite hotel anywhere. Bar none.

My S.O. also loves Trump properties. We've stayed Chicago. Never NY nor Waikiki. But we visit them often and have used the spas and sat at the bars. I think you and Mrs. A.M. would love Trump. They are very fine.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 9:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by RobbieRunner
Sorry AM, you're right. I should have posted that.
I found the Grand Wailea online (and I really think it was "Cheaptickets" a few years ago) for $225 US per night. That, unfortunately, is a VERY good price!

Just checked and it's about $331 now, but you may be able to get that down if you look at specific dates.

We like to stay at G.W., but we always go to Four Seasons for Breakfast, on their Lanai. As you probably know, it's right next door.

Even though we are not kids, we LOVE the water park at Grand Wailea. We spend a lot of time there.

The G.W. is our favorite hotel anywhere. Bar none.

My S.O. also loves Trump properties. We've stayed Chicago. Never NY nor Waikiki. But we visit them often and have used the spas and sat at the bars. I think you and Mrs. A.M. would love Trump. They are very fine.
Wow.. those are awesome prices.. If I get a virtuoso agent to book, I'll get free breakfast, upgrade, amenity, etc.. I'll check it out.. thanks for the tip..

We stay at Kea Lani when in the area.. love the suite..

I imagine you've done Spagos and Nicks Fish Market.. all very good..

No mention that Virtuoso can do Trump.. or can they?
Old Jan 12, 2012, 12:52 am

Nicks Fish Market is long gone!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 7:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
Nicks Fish Market is long gone!
Oh no!

What happened? It was there when we were at Kea Lani last year in April, last part of spring break..
Old Jan 12, 2012, 11:10 pm

My error. I was still fixated on the original thread title. I have to learn not to scan. It's only the Waikiki Nick's that is long gone. Sorry! Aloha, Ken
Old Jan 13, 2012, 10:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by KenfromDE
My error. I was still fixated on the original thread title. I have to learn not to scan. It's only the Waikiki Nick's that is long gone. Sorry! Aloha, Ken
LOL! phew.. I though Fairmont punted Nick's or something.. they would have to get rid of them, as Nicks (a privately owned restaurant) is the most popular restaurant at Kea Lani..

I checked out the Trump tower prices on expedia and related websites, and is pretty good value..

Which website is best to get packages, breakfasts, etc included for the trump? Its rated quite highly on trip advisor..
Old Jan 14, 2012, 8:32 am

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium
LOL! phew.. I though Fairmont punted Nick's or something.. they would have to get rid of them, as Nicks (a privately owned restaurant) is the most popular restaurant at Kea Lani..

I checked out the Trump tower prices on expedia and related websites, and is pretty good value..

Which website is best to get packages, breakfasts, etc included for the trump? Its rated quite highly on trip advisor..
The owners of Nick's own (or owned in the past) several other restaurants in Hawaii. The Nick's in Maui is far and away the most profitable.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:07 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jtrader
The owners of Nick's own (or owned in the past) several other restaurants in Hawaii. The Nick's in Maui is far and away the most profitable.
Good to hear.. of the fine restaurants in the Wailea area, I find that Nick's is really good value considering what's available for alternatives..

You never go away hungry, and their entrees seemed to be layered with different palates, colours, and volume (emphasis on the volume).. Nobody wants to pay $40 per entree and walk away hungry.

btw.. I'm getting to the tenth and eleventh hour and my attempt at Halekulani did not work with the Virtuoso agent.. So where do you get the best deal on Trump Waikiki? Is there better than www.hotelclub.com/visa? Moana Surfrider caught the corner of my eye as well..
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: UA plat (1 mm miler) ; AA plat (2 mm miler); Marriott lifetime Titanium

btw.. I'm getting to the tenth and eleventh hour and my attempt at Halekulani did not work with the Virtuoso agent.. So where do you get the best deal on Trump Waikiki? Is there better than www.hotelclub.com/visa? Moana Surfrider caught the corner of my eye as well..
Unfortunately, I don't have specific suggestions for finding deals at Trump Waikiki. However, I know that individual condo owners (and companies that own multiple condos) make different deals through various channels. If you can identify agents who specialize in this sort of thing, it's possible you could get a good deal. Brokers who specialize in selling condos there might also have ideas.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 11:54 pm
Suspended

Unfortunately, I don't have specific suggestions for finding deals at Trump Waikiki. However, I know that individual condo owners (and companies that own multiple condos) make different deals through various channels. If you can identify agents who specialize in this sort of thing, it's possible you could get a good deal. Brokers who specialize in selling condos there might also have ideas.
Sort of like www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com .. Possible for just a 4 or 5 night stay?
Old Jan 15, 2012, 12:28 am

Sort of like www.vrbo.com or www.homeaway.com .. Possible for just a 4 or 5 night stay?
This came up on homeaway.com
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p391310

Says a 1 BR suite "starts" at $300/night. That's an excellent value if you can actually get it. The 1BR units there are really nice.
Old Jan 15, 2012, 10:42 pm
Suspended

This came up on homeaway.com
http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p391310

Says a 1 BR suite "starts" at $300/night. That's an excellent value if you can actually get it. The 1BR units there are really nice.
Thanks.. I can get a bigger unit oceanfront in Ko olina for just a bit more, but hey.. there's some notoriety thinking I might get fired.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 1:23 pm

Location: USA - HNL, SEA, DEN, ORD, MCO, and all points inbetween
Programs: Way too many!
I've never seen Trump Waikiki offered anywhere. Trump Chicago? Yes.
Good thread though, gents. Nice info!
Old Jan 17, 2012, 7:57 pm
Suspended

Ok.. I booked a one bedroom at Trump Waikiki for the 5 nights we're in Oahu.. its got an angled OV and I got it for really decent price..^
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:54 am

Ok.. I booked a one bedroom at Trump Waikiki for the 5 nights we're in Oahu.. its got an angled OV and I got it for really decent price..^
I think all the 1BR kitchens have wine coolers
The North side of the building has a great view of the Fri night fireworks at Hilton Hawaiian Village. If you're facing south, view from the lounge is quite nice too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.