Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 3, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FlyinHawaiian
HA's official web page on the lie flats

24 aircraft converted: N360HA, N361HA, N370HA, N373HA, N374HA, N375HA, N378HA, N379HA, N380HA, N381HA, N382HA, N383HA, N384HA, N385HA, N386HA, N388HA, N389HA, N390HA, N391HA, N392HA, N393HA, N395HA, N396HA, N399HA
Print Wikipost

Consolidated "Hawaiian Airlines A330" thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2017, 10:53 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by 355F1
My brother just booked PDX-HNL-AKL for next March with these new lie flats for $3600 RT in J.
You sure that he is on lie-flats from PDX? I was just looking at a PDX-HNL itinerary in June, and there was a non-lie-flat.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 11:09 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by 747FC
You sure that he is on lie-flats from PDX? I was just looking at a PDX-HNL itinerary in June, and there was a non-lie-flat.
im pretty sure it said lie flats for both legs but I remember telling him it might be standard FC seats on that leg.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EXP
At this point PDX is high probability for lie flats.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 12:38 pm
azj

Originally Posted by 355F1

im pretty sure it said lie flats for both legs but I remember telling him it might be standard FC seats on that leg.
By June, barring any unforeseen circumstances, all 24 330s will have the lie flat cabins. The last several will be reconfigured in Q1 2018. That said... there's always a chance that the PDX-HNL route will join the 321 network.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by azj
By June, barring any unforeseen circumstances, all 24 330s will have the lie flat cabins. The last several will be reconfigured in Q1 2018. That said... there's always a chance that the PDX-HNL route will join the 321 network.
355F1 said March. 747FC said June, but I'm pretty sure that was referring to last June.
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Originally Posted by Kumulani
355F1 said March. 747FC said June, but I'm pretty sure that was referring to last June.
Next June
Old Dec 17, 2017, 2:42 pm

Next June
Hmm. In that case, they probably haven't updated their site yet to reflect the completion of the conversions. Maybe they're holding off on this intentionally until they're more sure when they'll be done.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 10:34 am

Recently flew KIX-HNL and thought the overall hard product and service was nice. We did however have to get reassigned twice due to issues with the ottoman on all seats in the last row. Anyhow I was always impressed with HA biz availability since many times it was easy to find 3+ seats on many international routes. I was getting ready to book HNL-SYD for my family and noticed that HA has reduced the number of award seats in business class to just 2 per flight for most of their international routes. Have only had luck finding 3 seats on some 2 or 3 odd days for the whole year. Extremely sad about this change doubt it will go back to the wide open availability it used to be.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP; Hawaiian Miles; WN Rapid Rewards A list
Originally Posted by azj
PDX//HNL goes to a 321 in November 2018.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:07 pm
azj

Originally Posted by davidsfo
PDX//HNL goes to a 321 in November 2018.
Perhaps. The November schedule is so far out and I would expect things to change between now and then.

Last edited by azj; Jan 9, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:00 pm

Given PDX and OAK are the two A321 maintenance bases, I'd guess they're pretty likely to stay 321 once the equipment switches over.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by azj
All flights to LA on the 330 are sold as lie-flat cabins in F class.
Firstly, thank you for the wiki,. If you recall, I was booking flights back in August and trying to understand how to get lie flat seats and that promoted you to create the wiki!!

Having said that, not all HNL-LAX, from my research, are 100% guaranteed to be a lie-flat configuration. When I booked my HNL-LAX flight it did not say "lie flat" under first class(as it does for JFK-HNL, and other "guaranteed" routes)

Here is a recent flight with the old configuration in a 330!!!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N392HA
HA2, HNL-LAX, 4pm departure
Old Jan 22, 2018, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by bhuwan
Firstly, thank you for the wiki,. If you recall, I was booking flights back in August and trying to understand how to get lie flat seats and that promoted you to create the wiki!!

Having said that, not all HNL-LAX, from my research, are 100% guaranteed to be a lie-flat configuration. When I booked my HNL-LAX flight it did not say "lie flat" under first class(as it does for JFK-HNL, and other "guaranteed" routes)

I was on this flight in seat 2A yesterday, and it was miserable! Not just worse than the new seating I flew to HNL on and was expecting in return, but the most unpleasant medium haul flight I can remember in a premium cabin in years. The man in the aisle seat was quite large, and there was of course no way to get in or out without interrupting his snoring. The foot rest on the old seat was broken, so not only was there no lie flat, I couldn't put my feet up at all. The cabin was extremely warm, and there were no personal air blowers; the AC outlet didn't work at all for some reason, and the USB charger managed to take my iPad only from 19% charged to 34% over the 5+ hours. And the food--some beef and sausage "meatloaf" concoction--was inedible.

Really horrible experience on the return leg of my first flight on Hawaiian.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:10 am
azj

Originally Posted by bhuwan

I actually didn't create the Wiki, but I have been updating it. I believe KUMULANI created it. The last of the LAX flights went on "sale" for the lie flat cabins earlier this month. That said, there is never a guarantee as last minute equipment swaps are always a possibility, which is probably why 392 was flying flight 2 to LAX. Of course, HAL would like to prevent a swap like this because it does create issues for the guests and for the staff.

Last edited by azj; Jan 22, 2018 at 11:16 am
Old Jan 22, 2018, 11:14 am
azj

Originally Posted by millions

I was on this flight in seat 2A yesterday, and it was miserable! Not just worse than the new seating I flew to HNL on and was expecting in return, but the most unpleasant medium haul flight I can remember in a premium cabin in years. The man in the aisle seat was quite large, and there was of course no way to get in or out without interrupting his snoring. The foot rest on the old seat was broken, so not only was there no lie flat, I couldn't put my feet up at all. The cabin was extremely warm, and there were no personal air blowers; the AC outlet didn't work at all for some reason, and the USB charger managed to take my iPad only from 19% charged to 34% over the 5+ hours. And the food--some beef and sausage "meatloaf" concoction--was inedible.

Really horrible experience on the return leg of my first flight on Hawaiian.
Sorry to hear about your experience. One can always ask the cabin crew to adjust the temperature if there is discomfort and I hope you mentioned the power and foot rest issues so that the mechanics can address the problems. As for the food, that matter is subjective, because I personally think the meatloaf is pretty decent. Not like Mom's, but certainly edible. And seatmates... well, that's always the luck of the draw out of the airlines control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.