Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card(s) Discussion Thread (2013-Onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card(s) Discussion Thread (2013-Onward)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2013, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by diggitydog
my HA Visa is up for renewal in August and I don't want to do without knowing the future.
Just spoke with a FIA rep. today about the Bank of Hawaii-issued Hawaiian Airlines card. He said that they would have been notified by the BofH if their credit card relationship was to be discontinued (and added that card holders would then have been notified of this by FIA). The information he had was that the card was simply temporarily unavailable.

Also, he confirmed that anyone holding the credit card at present would be allowed to renew it as usual, if they'd like to, as long as the FIA-BofH relationship remains in place.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 3:10 pm

Programs: SWA, IHG, Hilton, AA, Marriott, Starwood
Business Card is not worth it!!!`

I sign up for a BOA Business card last month and gave them my HA #. They ignored that and issued me a new number. Called HA and they basically said tough. You cannot transfer in or out of a business card and cannot use business account to accrue flight credit. So, what good is a business account? She said nothing!! I transferred the points to Hilton and will dump this card before the year is up. Cost me $75 for a business card that is worth absolutely nothing!! Well, I did get 70,000 free Hilton Hhonors points out of it, but nothing else.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 5:26 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by WildcatFan
Well, I did get 70,000 free Hilton Hhonors points out of it, but nothing else.
Well, I'd say you got a decent deal since to purchase 70,000 HHonors points would be far more than that, and for reward nights on the right properties those 70K points can really be worth far more than $70.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:03 pm

Hawaiian Airlines VISA Card

Hi everyone,

I just tried to sign up for the Hawaiian Airlines VISA card and I was told that they no longer have the card. They will be reinstating the card at some point but the rep on the phone said for me to just keep checking on the website.

Does anyone know the timeline of when they will reinstate this credit card? Do you know if it will have the same perks?

Thank you!
Old Aug 2, 2013, 8:00 am

"Aloha to Hawaiian Airlines Visa?"

http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...es-visa-cards/
Old Aug 3, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG PLAT,AMEX PLAT/GOLD/SPG, VIRGIN ELITE,Carnival PLAT, National Elite
Sooooo What can I do with those 35,000 Business HW AIRLINES miles? I can't book a flight and I can't use them? What is one to do?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by mccolm323
Sooooo What can I do with those 35,000 Business HW AIRLINES miles? I can't book a flight and I can't use them? What is one to do?
I think the airlines miles are still fine and I *think* the credit card is still active for current card holders. I think that it's just they aren't signing anyone new up because I think they have plans to go with another bank (from what I've read).
Old Aug 3, 2013, 2:22 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT,AMEX PLAT/GOLD/SPG, VIRGIN ELITE,Carnival PLAT, National Elite
Originally Posted by ellie521
I think the airlines miles are still fine and I *think* the credit card is still active for current card holders. I think that it's just they aren't signing anyone new up because I think they have plans to go with another bank (from what I've read).
I totally get that and I dont need another one LOL but I have 35,000 points on my HW mile s business account cause HW sucks. What can I use those for cause the website wont let me book with points?
Old Aug 3, 2013, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by mccolm323
I totally get that and I dont need another one LOL but I have 35,000 points on my HW mile s business account cause HW sucks. What can I use those for cause the website wont let me book with points?
You can always do what I did. Turn them into 70,000 Hilton HHOnors points.
From there you can move them to other airlines. American, US Airways are two of them.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 7:46 am

You can always do what I did. Turn them into 70,000 Hilton HHOnors points.
From there you can move them to other airlines. American, US Airways are two of them.
Isn't the turn over from Hilton to airlines along the lines of 10,000HH = 1,000 Airline?
Old Aug 5, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: American, Delta, Hawaiian, US Airways, United, Marriott, Hilton, Priority Club
Originally Posted by diggitydog
The HA Visa is a terrible card as far as I'm concerned....
That depends on how you use it. It is the only card I know that offered low rate balance transfers WITHOUT A FEE. It was like having a personal 3.99% line of credit for short-term borrowing purposes. The loss of that feature will be missed. Also, the ability to consolidate miles in a single account without a fee was a huge benefit. I actually considered this card to be one of the more valuable ones in my wallet.
Old Aug 10, 2013, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by Pencegeri
Isn't the turn over from Hilton to airlines along the lines of 10,000HH = 1,000 Airline?
No, it is 5000 airline to 10,000 HH
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The Hilton exchange rates can be found here. It's not 2-for-1 in any of those charts. Hilton to AA is 10000-to-1500, to DL & UA is 10000-for-1000, and to US is 10000-to-850.
Old Aug 11, 2013, 1:33 am

Indeed, 5k HA transfers into 10k Hhonors, but you also said the following:

This is a bad idea due to the poor ratios mentioned by several here. No way would I trade 10k hhonors miles for 1k or 1.5 airline miles
Old Aug 17, 2013, 1:11 pm

FOLLOW UP:

I have (many) Hawaiian Airlines CC including the Business card. I got the business card with the hope to transfer my points to my personal account. After learning that I could not transfer those points I complained over the phone. Why give me the option to put my account in if your going to just create a new account that wont transfer???? I went onto their FB page and left a nice note. I was contacted a couple days later by the HawaiianMiles director and he told me he could move them over for me. Easy enough, just took some time and a bit of perserverence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.