Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Hawaii-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hawaiian Airlines Credit Card 2 x 35K offers [ARCHIVES]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Exec, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by navatwal
If Im getting this right, I can apply for both cards as they are with differrent banks and earn 70k in total?
Yes, with the caveat that FIA handles both cards and they know you applied for both. As long as you can provide a good reason why you need both, though, they will generally let you in on both.

Originally Posted by metoo
Which is the better value?

Apply for the 2 cards for 140kHHpoints plus $158 annual fees or B of A Virgin Atlantic for 100k HHpoints and $90 annual fee
From an annual fee to sign up bonus and per credit pull basis the Virgin Atlantic card would be a better value.

On the other hand, if the minimum spend is important the total spend for the Hawaiian cards is only $2k whereas the Virgin Atlantic card requires $2.5k.

Why not get all 3? You could get the two Hawaiian cards today then apply for the Virgin Atlantic card in 3 months or so.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:19 pm

Wife's 2 Hawaiian Airlines cards showed up in the mail today. Had I known she'd get both of them I'd have applied for both of them myself instead of just 1. They both came with notes of 35k miles after spend.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:32 pm

Post #1 has 2 links and they are both different cards. Are folks doing the 2 browser trick and getting one credit card pull?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Post #1 has 2 links and they are both different cards. Are folks doing the 2 browser trick and getting one credit card pull?
Wife got 2 pulls from different bureaus.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
This thread
I just called BOA and they said that my application is still under review. I had called the number you posted and the person I spoke to said the card was approved. Something smells fishy... Have you received the cards and can you see the BOA Hawaiian card in your BOA online account?
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
Wife got 2 pulls from different bureaus.

Thanks...I didn't even think of applying for this and my previous B of A Virgin Atlantic CC.
Old Jul 21, 2012, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by TakeMeAnywhere114
I just applied for the Bank of Hawaii card as well. Here is the number from the last page 888-503-6090. I also applied for the Bank of America Hawaiian card and the phone number is the same.
Originally Posted by bartman9
I am curious, what reason did people give for wanting both. I just applied for both and was asked to call in 1-888-503-6090 for an instant decision. So what reason are people giving for both?
Originally Posted by johndoe123
I called into the 888 # and they told me it was approved. They didn't say if it was BOA or BOH. I called in and they told me it was approved again for the same CL. I hope it was the other app! Does it just show them the next app in the queue each time?

I do remember there being a seperate phone # for the BOA and BOH card, although everyone here says to use 888-503-6090 for both.
Did you guys call 888-503-6090 and actually receive the card after being told it was approved?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 9:22 am
Suspended

I just called BOA and they said that my application is still under review. I had called the number you posted and the person I spoke to said the card was approved. Something smells fishy... Have you received the cards and can you see the BOA Hawaiian card in your BOA online account?
No, have not received card and I have no previous BOA accounts, thus no online acct to check

That said, I applied for 6 cards on 07/17, was approved for all 6, and have only gotten 1 in hand thus far.

I did ( just now ) check my credit report and it shows 2 new BOA accounts being opened in my name on 07/21, so I'm not too concerned about it.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 10:52 am

No, have not received card and I have no previous BOA accounts, thus no online acct to check

That said, I applied for 6 cards on 07/17, was approved for all 6, and have only gotten 1 in hand thus far.

I did ( just now ) check my credit report and it shows 2 new BOA accounts being opened in my name on 07/21, so I'm not too concerned about it.
Let's just hope that the 6090 number actually was BOA and not some phishing scam. I don't recall the number from the application so I can't be sure. If anyone could take a screenshot it would greatly put my mind at ease and I'd appreciate it much. All I know is that it's been 5 days since I was "approved" by calling that number and BOA still says my application is under review and the account hasn't popped up online yet when it did for my wife's card after a day or two.
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:22 pm
Suspended

Let's just hope that the 6090 number actually was BOA and not some phishing scam.
A very elaborate scam that not only knew which 2 cards I'd applied for but also took the time to open 2 (and just 2) new BoA (and only BoA) accounts in my name?
Old Jul 22, 2012, 12:27 pm

A very elaborate scam that not only knew which 2 cards I'd applied for but also took the time to open 2 (and just 2) new BoA (and only BoA) accounts in my name?
I hope you're right, I really do. But why would the status not update in their system after supposedly being approved 5 days ago? The BOA site says they update their status every day. I'll call the number on the back of my wife's card tomorrow.
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:22 pm

Hawaiian Airlines 2 x 35K offers

Where do I see my Hawaiian airline points after initial charge and spend?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, AAPlatinum
you'll see them on http://www.hawaiianair.com/ in your ff account
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:19 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold; Marriott Silver
Planning to do 2x2 apps for these cards netting 140K HA miles.
How usable are these miles for Virgin Atlantic redemption? I am mostly looking at availability for SFO-LHR or SFO-LHR-DEL (Economy/Business).
Anyway to check mock availability?
Old Jul 23, 2012, 9:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by pmat2009
Planning to do 2x2 apps for these cards netting 140K HA miles.
How usable are these miles for Virgin Atlantic redemption? I am mostly looking at availability for SFO-LHR or SFO-LHR-DEL (Economy/Business).
Anyway to check mock availability?
HA redemption on partners are supposed to be bad. Why not just apply for VA cards if u will like VA redemption?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.