Roll Call Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2007, 8:46 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome hsxagent!!!
Old Jan 26, 2007, 3:03 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
Originally Posted by hsxagent
See Marsel this board is not full of Lawyers.
yes but im more and more interested to find out the statistics on this issue

psat benatar is kooooool!
Old Feb 13, 2007, 12:04 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
I refuse to come out! If people have skeletons in their closets then mine is a graveyard.

On a more serious note I'd like to say HI to EVERY wonderful member out there. I live in SFO - the greatest city in the USA (actually, Burlingame which is a suburb by the airport about 15 minutes south but close enough). I always loved to travel and my first job after college was with AA in MIA. I did that for 2 years and then came to SFO where I worked for UA for 5 years in several capacities. I no longer work for the airlines but the travel bug has not left my system. If anything, it becomes more intense with each passing year. Flyertalk members are a rare breed and I feel privilege to belong to such sophisticated, knowledgeable and discerning community. We all share a common passion and hopefully through our experiences in this forum we can encourage and support each other.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 10:15 am

Welcome aw!!!
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:25 pm
GSR

Programs: AA 2MM
Hi. I'm GSR. I have been reading FT for a few years but only started posting recently. I love all the helpful information. I work a lot during the week so I am mostly a weekend mileage runner based out of the Dallas area. I wish I had discovered FT earlier than I did. I fly mostly on AA (plat.) and try to stay at Hilton.

I really like traveling abroad and am going to STR for a few days in March. This weekend, I am going to MSP which should be fun. I like to travel (duh), work out, watch TV, go shopping and spend time with friends.

My favorite places to visit in the US are SFO and NYC and abroad are CDG, MUC (pretty much all of GER), and PEK, although I have many more places to see!

I am looking for other travel friends so PM me if you want.

Last edited by GSR; Feb 23, 2007 at 3:31 pm
Old Feb 23, 2007, 3:41 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, US Dividend Miles, AWA Flight Fund
former DC FT now in Phoenix area

Hi all...

I introduced myself a couple years ago as a resident of the DC area, but I've now moved to the Phoenix, AZ, metro area. I've got 200K+ miles on USAirways/America West/Piedmont/PSA/etc... and another 75K on Delta, which I find is pretty much a pain in the butt since it means I have to go through Atlanta or Salt Lake City to get just about anywhere (Salt Lake City?)

Anyway, I'm a 42-year-old guy, love European travel, Vegas, and am doing my best in 2007 to cross off either Italy or China from my list of places I've never seen but really want to visit.

Feel free to say hi.

Mead
Old Feb 25, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: AA EP, UA1K, SPG PLAT
Hi Everyone,

My name is Phil I am 32yo and live with my partner of 11yrs in sunny Orlando, Florida. I am originally from the UK moved here over 16 years ago though.

I just love to travel, I have my commercial pilots licence that I went to school for, although it is not my career it was a lot of fun earning.

I travel frequently to UK and Guatemala, CA too see both our families and London is a great place to stay. I primarily fly AA and BA but only for leisure. I am hopefully planning some future trips to Egypt, Thailand, Australia and Buenos Aires. I just got back from Guatemala last week. I am heading to Berlin in May.

Any advice anyone can give me on places to go and things too see I would love to hear from you. I am an avid traveller.

I am also not a lawyer or attorney, I am in a modest management position that unfortunately does not require travel.

Love to go out and have a Great Dinner and glass of wine. Though I do like to go to clubs especially on vacation. Would love to hear from other guys in Orlando area who like to travel.

Thank you flyertalk. It has been a very addictive experience, it's almost as addictive as AOL was when I first when on it 12yrs ago. LOL.

Thanks for all the great information you guys post. I love this place : )

Last edited by speedbird9; Feb 25, 2007 at 7:55 pm Reason: add more information
Old Feb 27, 2007, 9:50 pm

Welcome GSR & speedbird9 & a re-welcome to devildc!!!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 12:06 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion (FINALLY!); HH Gold; UA Premier
Hey all

Well figure I would put my 411 on here considering I've been lurking around for sometime now on FT and just recently found this lil "nook".

Name is ORDTravlnguy, yep...based out of ORD if you couldn't figure it out 29 here and yep single, and actually been traveling for quite sometime now lil over 6 years consecutively for work. I am in the IT-Deployment field, for Hilton Hotels. Yes what a nifty combo I have, miles and comp hotel (or at the very least employee rates!!)

Currently I am Platinum on Delta, and just Priemer on UA. Work is what gets me out of the house, but lately been trying to think of ways to use all these freaking miles I got so any helpful suggestions would be appreciated! I am actually going to start venturing into the true world of Int'l flying...with my first trip to Sao Paulo which is next week (for work of course). After that, it'll be a good portion of South America and the Caribbean for the remainder of the year. There will be some "domestic" trips that I'll be taking for work so there is still alot of the US I haven't seen!

Okay...that's all for now...I have to finish packing for my trip to SAN
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:56 am

Welcome ORDTravlnGuy!!!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 5:15 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Just now found the LGBT forum here, despite browsing Flyertalk for years. Guess it's time to say heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy!

Traveler
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:50 pm

Welcome Travelergcp!!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA - PE, HH - Diamond, Hyatt - Platinum
first time to flyer talk

Thought I'd say hello and join the long thread.

I'm a frequent traveler for work and pleasure. I live in DC and am a United/Star Alliance guy.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:02 pm

Welcome to both Flyertalk and our corner jbh1029!!!
Old Apr 19, 2007, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, 1.8mm
relatively new here and just found the G+L VIP room. I'm enjoying the FT posts, mostly in the AA forum. I'm ExecPlat on AA, my partner of 3 years is 1K on United. We live in Laguna Niguel, CA (when not in hotels for work travel).

We're pretty sure we did not father Anna Nicole's baby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.