Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 8:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; AA Platinum 2M; BMI Gold, Leading Hotels Leaders Club, Hilton Honors, Starwood
HI guys,

I am also an addicted gay traveller! I am 36, live in London, have lived in NYC and I am an Irish guy. On airline tiers, I am gold with BA (4th year now), Platinum for life with AA and then Gold with BMI (Star Alliance) so, you guessed it, I love travel!

This year's plans include Gran Canaria, Rome, Amsterdam in January, Phoenix and Cabo in February and back to New York and Rome in March.

I'd love to chat to other younger guys who make it to London often and are looking for friends or more. Yep, the frequent fliers' curse is that I am single, of course! Not met anyone vaguely attractive in the seat beside me yet. Oh, apart from Jason Priestly on a LGA to YYZ flight!

Anyway, would like to hear from you all. Email is [email protected]

All best,
John
Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:10 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome TurnLeftSir !!!
Old Dec 31, 2006, 8:28 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
now after reading previous posts looks like most everyone here is an attorney or lawer... unfortunately im not and dont even know one so far, but find some of those bt's in suits really stunning

im 28 and single now, would be happy to meet a grown up frequent flyer who has the heart not just the ffp status. (the link is in profile, pm me to say hi)

my fav travel destination used to be EBB, now NCE (incl. pastis!). so you can see i do like AF & KL indeed

yeah cheers thanks alot!©
Old Dec 31, 2006, 9:45 pm

Welcome marsel!!!
Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:57 am

Programs: UA GS, 2MM
Originally Posted by marsel
now after reading previous posts looks like most everyone here is an attorney or lawer... unfortunately im not and dont even know one so far, but find some of those bt's in suits really stunning

im 28 and single now, would be happy to meet a grown up frequent flyer who has the heart not just the ffp status. (the link is in profile, pm me to say hi)

my fav travel destination used to be EBB, now NCE (incl. pastis!). so you can see i do like AF & KL indeed

yeah cheers thanks alot!©
marsel,
just wanted to let you know you're in good company. i'm not an attorney or anything fancy like that either... just a modest high school math teacher. and, i look younger than most of my students and still get asked for a hall pass sometimes. the funniest thing is when i fly, and the pursers see my 1K on the manifest, they usually ask if i switched seats, wondering who the real uaflyer15 is. it couldn't possibly be someone who looks like he couldn't even get into a rated R movie!
Old Jan 1, 2007, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Figured I should drop a hi in here...I infrequently check the GLBT forum, but more frequently now than before.

I'm 24, live in NYC, and should be an attorney soon (sorry marsel, another one...I know...I'm about to start my last semester of law school...so very ready to be done). I frequently make trips to Europe and will be doing an approximately 2 month around-the-word trip this summer after I take the bar. So, at some point, I'll be asking around for ideas in some of the destinations I'll be hitting up.

Hope everyone had a great new years...maybe I'll be able to meet some of you fine people this year =)
Old Jan 1, 2007, 8:49 pm

Welcome Animgif!!!!
Old Jan 2, 2007, 3:50 am

Programs: AF&KL FB(P), LX M&M, IB+
hello animgif

uaflyer15, you see we are clearly a minority here!
Old Jan 3, 2007, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Hi Fellow FTs!

Bored at work, been on FT for a while now. Just found out this thread.
Guess I should introduce me self!
Happy New Year btw!
I am Wan. 26 yo, thank god I am no longer a student.
I have been traveling all my life but didn't find out about Frequent Flyer programs till a few years back. What a shame... well can't really blame me, I grew up in a super small town in Borneo.
Currently reside in Los Angeles, I am no lawyer or attorney. More in the creative field, mostly in motion graphics. Guess I can call myself a designer.
Anyway thanks for all the posts! they are soooo helpful.
Well I'll be going to Indonesia and Japan in Feb, Berlin in March and London, Paris, Rome and Barcelona in April! I can't wait!!! who wants to meet up?
Ok lastly, yes I'd love travel partners! Hit me up.

Last edited by exc3ll; Jan 3, 2007 at 4:59 pm
Old Jan 3, 2007, 6:56 pm

Welcome exc3ll!!!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 6:40 am

I've been browsing this forum for a little while now, and in the midst of avoiding yet more essay writing decided I might as well say hello here!

I'm Mark, 19, from a small town just outside London, but now at Uni up in Leeds (Thats near-ish Manchester for those who haven't heard of it). I'm studying for a BA in International Relations, which gives me a perfect excuse for a lot of travel without having to think up too outlandish excuses to please the parents!

Trips booked for this year are LAX and MIA next week, IST and ZRH the week after, and a month of volunteer work in the Peruvian Amazon over Easter!
Old Jan 4, 2007, 12:08 pm

Welcome spanishflea!!!
Old Jan 21, 2007, 5:57 pm

Programs: UA-1K, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, Nat'l-EE
Hey Guys!

I'm Justin. 26yo from Bloomington, Indiana.

I have been traveling mostly for BIS for almost 2 years. Mostly domestic (Anywhere between LAX and BOS) and almost always connecting in ORD or CLT.

I am a project manager for a pharmaceutical software company.

I just found the GLBT forum and am excited to share opinions and experiences with the group.

Always looking to meet and chat with other GLBT FFers.

Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:22 pm

Welcome JustinIND!!!
Old Jan 24, 2007, 9:41 pm

Programs: Affilated with the orders of I need to rest, doctor's orders!
Hello,

I posted this in another thread and thought that it would be fun to post here too.

My name is Anthony and you can usually find me posting in the UA and Mileage Run forums, and since I want to meet more Flyertalk people I thought I would introduce myself here also.

I currently live in North Hollywood but I grew up in New York City. My first experience with UA was when I ran away (flew) at the age of 13 to Stockton, CA where my favorite aunt lived. It was a wonderful experience, even though I was grounded for the rest of the summer. After that trip, I caught the flying bug with UA, and I try to fly only UA whenever possible. I even worked for UA for 9 months at LGA/CS during the Hell known as ‘UA Summer of 2000!’ I graduated from RIC (Rhode Island College) with a B.A. in Film Studies and I now work as a Concierge at a Doll Store in LA and part time as a Personal Assistant. See Marsel this board is not full of Lawyers.

Here is some other info about me:

My Ultimate Goal in Life: Is to travel to each continent at least once. So far I have been on 3. (Europe, Africa, and North America) Planning on visiting Australia for the '08 Australian Open.

I love music, especially Film Music... But if you want to see my taste in music, visit my site here: http://www.last.fm/user/anthonypizarro

My Favorite Airports: JFK, SFO, and LHR.

Airports I try to Avoid: IAD, LGA, LGA, did I mention LGA?

My Favorite Aircraft: 777 (any version)

As to my screen name 'nickname', HSXAGENT, comes from the game Hollywood Stock Exchange http://www.hsx.com

It's a game that is based on the stock market but commodities are Films and Movie Stars. When I first started playing the game I thought I would be a cool Film Agent and hence the name HSXAGENT was born.

I think that's all about me for right now.

Last edited by hsxagent; Jan 24, 2007 at 9:47 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.