Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Roll Call Thread Part II

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:10 pm

Programs: QFWP
Greg here, based in Sydney, currently on the road 3-4 days per week - most of that in Asia Pacific with occasional trips back to headquarters in the USA.

IT consulting/single/neither a "boy nor a "boi"/lived and worked in UK and USA a lot of the past 15 years/love living back in my home town and I always try to schedule the Friday flight home to arrive at 1700.

Well there's more to me than the above but that'll do for starters (and I didn't list my FFP and Hotel Chain memberships - there really IS much more to me than those!).

cheers,
Greg.
Old Mar 17, 2006, 8:09 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Welcome GregJDL - both to Flyertalk and our corner!!!
Old Apr 1, 2006, 10:24 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Hilton Honours, Starwood, VIA Preference
Hi there,
Don here....living in beautiful Montreal (YUL). Originally from the mid-west of Canada.
I fly Air Canada whenever I can...or other members of Star Alliance. Member of Aeroplan.
I work for the Quebec government, analyst for arts and culture training, and I never fly for work. All my travel is for pleasure or family visits. I visit museums (particularily contemporary art), go to the symphony/ballet and do a lot of walking/hiking and people-watching when on vacation.
Try to get to Europe a couple of times per year and travel in Canada, USA and Mexico as well.
Old Apr 1, 2006, 5:33 pm

Welcome excentrus!!!
Old Apr 19, 2006, 2:03 am

Programs: CO OP Serf
Ben here.

22 year old undergrad student in beautiful Olympia, WA. I am very much single. I am a quasi-hipster and am a bit of a music and film buff/snob. Stephin Merritt rocks my socks. I am of Ashkenazi Jewish extraction through and through (and fit into many of the stereotypes, both the good and the bad). Not really into the whole "scene" if you know what I mean. I'm a hopeless romantic, what can I say? I also make pretty electronic music (think Mum or Jonny Greenwood from Radiohead) on my laptop, which, if you're interested in hearing, you can PM me.

I am originally from NJ, so I pretty much exclusively fly CO. Sometimes AS if they're cheaper. I just started the art of the mileage run and will make Elite on CO for the first time on June 14th.

All of my travel is leisure, mostly going back and forth between SEA and EWR. I was one of the (lucky?) FTers that got in on the YYZ-LCA "deal", so I'm going to Europe later this year and the beginning of next, which will be my graduation present, as I graduate in December, but normally my travel is (unfortunately) confined to the US.

I'm planning to either do an Accelerated Advanced Nursing program or go for a PhD in biopsychology when I graduate. Well, that's about it.

Last edited by thenewflesh; Apr 19, 2006 at 10:33 pm
Old Apr 19, 2006, 7:13 am

Welcome thenewflesh!!!
Old Apr 19, 2006, 10:13 am

Programs: Priceline Titanium
If nothing else, we approve of your taste in grumpy but talented songwriters!
Old May 6, 2006, 4:03 pm

Programs: QF WP
Hi

Pete here, based in Brisbane, travel two or three days a week most weeks domestically, travel internationally three or four times a year.
Usually travel Qantas or One World carriers frequent visitor to Sydney, Melbourne. Visit Los Angeles, London, Hong Kong three or four times a year.
Most of my travel is for business.
Single away to often to have a partner
Thats me briefly
Old May 6, 2006, 8:45 pm

Welcome auspete to both Flyertalk & the GLBT corner!!!
Old May 6, 2006, 10:44 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Hi auspete - pop over and visit us in the Qantas forum, we are a friendly bunch and won't bite.

Dave
Old May 8, 2006, 11:20 pm

Programs: COdbaUA 1K, Hilton, Marriott
Glad to have found this group in FT. Travel a lot (sometimes too much) for business, but usually enjoy it and always love coming home to Palm Springs.
On the road throughout the US, Canada, SJU and Europe.

I know a lot of you get to the desert, so I hope to hear of your travels here. Consider even coming mid-summer. The heat can be invigorating and awesome.

DesertDave

Anyone in LHR/AMS late June?
Old May 9, 2006, 7:11 am

Welcome DesertDave!!!
Old May 18, 2006, 10:29 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium,
Hello all! Rob here; 26/male from NYC. I think I've posted in this thread in the past, but since I haven't been on FT in over a year (shame on me, I know), I figured it would be good to 'reintroduce' myself. I've just recently lost my SPG & AA Platinum statuses due to a job change, and I'm still mourning my losses!! Trying to make up for it by getting acquainted to NYC with my boyfriend -- we recently moved up from Baltimore (prior to that I was in NJ and BOS). I guess that's it ... looking forward to getting back into this!
Old May 18, 2006, 1:19 pm

Programs: CO Plat. SPG Plat
Hey everyone. 41 yr old guy here. Long time FT looker and occasional contributor. Starwood Plat, OnePass Plat (working on Diamond). Live in Houston, TX officially, but travel for work a lot (Northeast U.S. mostly - NYC, BOS, BDL, SYR...) and whenever I can for pleasure. In fact, about to head for PVR mem day wknd. Chime in if you're there!

Thanks guys for being here. Later
D
Old May 18, 2006, 2:07 pm

Re-welcome to RWHfromBOS & welcome to iah-plat!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.