Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Germany removes quarantine requirement for many countries

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:27 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Thanks for the info, I have been watching that closely too. France just changed their entry requirements so Americans can enter without restriction, hopefully Germany is soon to follow.
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 3:38 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
https://www.bmi.bund.de/SharedDocs/p...ravellers.html

From 25 June 2021, the Federal Government will allow entry of fully vaccinated travellers from countries outside of the European Union. Fourteen days after they received their last required vaccine dose, they may enter Germany for any valid purpose – e.g. as a tourist or to visit family and friends – provided that they meet the general requirements of residence law.

However, travellers need to have been vaccinated with one of the vaccines listed on the website of the Paul-Ehrlich-Institut to benefit from the eased restrictions. Currently, only vaccines approved by the European Medicines Agency (EMA) are recognised (https://www.pei.de/impfstoffe/covid-19). More vaccines that offer a similar level of protection will be added to the list as soon as the necessary evaluations are completed.

Entering Germany from virus variant areas of concern is still not permitted. The rules of the Ordinance on Coronavirus Entry Regulations (Coronavirus-Einreiseverordnung), including the ban on transport from areas of variants of concern, continue to apply in full.
Old Jun 17, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: UA 2MM
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

​​​​​​✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️✈️
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:10 am

Programs: FB Gold
Off topic, but I find it hilarious and true that the press release includes a picture of roadworks in the background, because that pretty much describes the state of the infrastructure in Germany.
offerendum and LETTERBOY like this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 3:48 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mlin32
Off topic, but I find it hilarious and true that the press release includes a picture of roadworks in the background, because that pretty much describes the state of the infrastructure in Germany.
And still the infrastructure and roads are decades ahead of the US equivalents. 😃
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:08 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
And still the infrastructure and roads are decades ahead of the US equivalents. 😃
As an expat, trust me, it isn't.

Just try flying into Frankfurt Airport, for starters.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:29 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by mlin32
As an expat, trust me, it isn't.

Just try flying into Frankfurt Airport, for starters.
As an expat myself trust me. It is

look at the craters called potholes on US streets, bridges crumbling, …. Yes I hate FRA but same goes for EWR, JFK, ….
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 5:36 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
That looks like the border crossing of the A8 or A93 from Austria into BY. All there is to be seen is a sign that there is construction ahead in 2km. The A8 and A93 are far superior to any interstate I have driven on and seen in the US. Even with construction going on
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Well, I just flew into FRA today. No one asked for my vaccine card/passport or a negative Covid test at immigration or customs. I guess the authorities rely on the airlines to enforce the rules prior to giving people their boarding pass. AA wouldn’t allow online checking, and at the counter in DFW I was asked for my negative Covid test. When I pointed out that fully vaccinated travelers don’t need a test, the agent scrolled through the rules, looked at my CDC card and eventually printed my BP.

Compared to US airports (e.g., DFW) the newly reopened T2 at FRA was still a ghost town.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:15 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
Has Germany reopened now for vaccinated LEISURE / TOURISTS from the US? We are not German citizens, and have no business there other then it's our favorite country to visit in the summer, and I have a flight to Munich scheduled for June 30th, landing July 1st. Every rep. at United has a different answer . ANY info would be very much appreciated.
Thank you
LETTERBOY likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 7:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yesterday they published a notification that leisure travel by fully vaccinated US residents will be allowed starting June 25. The implementation will take a while to get updated in all systems, I suppose you will see more appear by next week.
mav likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:09 am
mav

Programs: Hilton, marriott, IHG, Club Carlson, United Airlines,timeshare owner
THANK YOU!!
Old Jun 18, 2021, 11:49 am
exp
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
That looks like the border crossing of the A8 or A93 from Austria into BY. All there is to be seen is a sign that there is construction ahead in 2km. The A8 and A93 are far superior to any interstate I have driven on and seen in the US. Even with construction going on

Interesting, I'm hoping to day trip to Jennerbahn from Salzburg at end of July or so.

Yes I know Bechtesgaden is also there but Jennerbanh and maybe hiking around part of the lake seems more scenic to me.
Old Jun 19, 2021, 12:33 am
exp
Suspended

Well LH has emailed me this twice, for my flight on Monday.

Dear Lufthansa Passenger,

All passengers aged six years or older travelling on international flights to Germany and either planning to enter in Germany or travelling onwards on a connecting flight in Frankfurt or Munich to a Schengen-Country (Exception: travel from Non-Schengen countries via Germany to other Non-Schengen countries) must present a negative Covid 19 test or a proof of Vaccination or a proof of Immunity at the time of departure. (Antigen-, PCR-, LAMP- and TMA-tests performed at certified testing sites are accepted; the documents must be issued in German, English, French, Spanish or Italian). This has been decided by the Federal German government. Please inform yourself about the respective prescribed validity of the certificates required as proof and on further regulations for virus variant areas on our Internet page:

www.lufthansa.com/de/en/flight-information

Best regards
Your Lufthansa Team
So 3 of the 4 segments on this ticket is on LH metal. But it's a UA ticket.

So when I check into the UA counter at SFO, are they going to be on the same page with the LH and German requirements?
Old Jun 19, 2021, 6:45 pm

Does anyone know if I will be permitted to fly LAX-LHR-BER with American passport. Fully vaccinated.
option 2 is to fly LAX-LHR-MAD and separate ticket MAD-BER.

I can’t find any info If transit in the UK is allowed without leaving airport so I’m not sure how to get to Germany if flying OneWorld. UA/LH flights are not an option

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.