Caesars room search policy

Old Feb 17, 18, 12:53 am
Original Poster

Location: San Juan, PR; Zug/Zurich, CH; Paris, FR; Berlin, DE; Kharkiv, UA; Seattle, WA; SFBA
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK Elite/*G, IC AMB/Spire, HH D, CET TR DIA, Sixt Plt, NTL EE, Hz PC
Caesars room search policy

Looks like Caesars will now have armed security check all rooms daily (if the DND sign is on the door).

https://apnews.com/4be2d8120e9944fbb...9;-rooms-daily
Old Feb 22, 18, 9:09 pm
nrr

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; 2MM AA Delta Platinum
In LAS VEGAS CET is allowing guests to OP-OUT of housekeeping for their entire stay, they get a $10 food credit/day.
The info in the link in #1 can lead to problems: a couple wanting an intimate "moment" puts the DND sign on the door only to be interrupted by a security guard demanding entrance to their room
Old Apr 13, 18, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Location: San Juan, PR; Zug/Zurich, CH; Paris, FR; Berlin, DE; Kharkiv, UA; Seattle, WA; SFBA
Programs: MR AMB/LT T, AS MVPG75K, TK Elite/*G, IC AMB/Spire, HH D, CET TR DIA, Sixt Plt, NTL EE, Hz PC
They seem to have chilled out a bit. I checked in at 11pm Wednesday at Caesars and my room was blissfully inviolated (unless they went full technical surveillance black bag national level) until my checkout at 2pm Friday.
Old Nov 18, 18, 9:01 am

Programs: DL DM, DL 1.3 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Total Rewards Diamond
The rooms (at both Harrah's and Rio at least) have new "DND" signs. They now simply say "Room Occupied" on one side and a request for room service on the other.
Old Nov 21, 18, 6:37 am

You won't even know if they visit your room for the 24hr daily checks if you are out when they do them.
I still think they should leave a note saying they were there though because I have had random checks at my door with them barging in at the worst times. Really annoying and pointless waste of time imo.
Old Nov 21, 18, 12:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1.3 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Total Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by oyouno View Post
You won't even know if they visit your room for the 24hr daily checks if you are out when they do them.
I still think they should leave a note saying they were there though because I have had random checks at my door with them barging in at the worst times. Really annoying and pointless waste of time imo.
I agree that they should leave a note if they come into your room like TSA does when they open your bags. I haven't really noticed any problems with this although I still fail to see the purpose of this. How many times were they in that shooter's room and they still didn't see any of his guns.

Just a question on your experience though. Did they actually just come into your room with you there? Also did you have the security lock in place? Just curious as I haven't had them come in my room while I've been there. I heard about cases in August during DEFCON where they would beat on the door and demand permission to enter. THAT would piss me off. I've considered getting a hidden camera but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Old Dec 4, 18, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by Seabilly View Post
I agree that they should leave a note if they come into your room like TSA does when they open your bags. I haven't really noticed any problems with this although I still fail to see the purpose of this. How many times were they in that shooter's room and they still didn't see any of his guns.

Just a question on your experience though. Did they actually just come into your room with you there? Also did you have the security lock in place? Just curious as I haven't had them come in my room while I've been there. I heard about cases in August during DEFCON where they would beat on the door and demand permission to enter. THAT would piss me off. I've considered getting a hidden camera but haven't gotten around to it yet.
Yes.
once while in the shower.. them banging on the door... them opening the door. using tool to bypass the security lock on the door.
again while in the restroom .. same thing.. banging on the door.. bypassing security. EVEN if you yell at them to come back later.. they will barge in.
3rd time while sleeping in ..waking me up... me having to stop them at the door... them saying they can come back later..... but no point since they already woke me up from a deep slumber.

So yeah.. not a pleasant experience at all.

My most recent trip I didn;t decline housekeeping simply so i could bypass these stupid useless security checks at random times.
Pro tip. If you DO decline housekeeping for the measly 10.00 per STAY credit......... if you happen to run into house keeping in the hallway on your way out.. grab what u need.. and have them check you off the security list for the day as well.

Search this Thread