Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tip: Select Agent Assistance with Works Bundle

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Tip: Select Agent Assistance with Works Bundle

True story. On a flight home, TSA agent said the bar code on app boarding pass had errors. Sent us to the ticket agent to print a new boarding pass. Said they had been having trouble with other Frontier boarding passes all evening long and were sending everyone to the ticket agent. There was only one ticket agent working and the line had at least 60 people ahead of us. Took an hour to get to the front and with only a few minutes left to spare before gate closed. The ticket agent said we would have to pay $25 x 2 for her to print new passes. With only a few minutes left to board, I had no choice but to pay. Even with the new printed passes, it still did not work, but TSA agent let us through anyways. I requested a refund of the $50 online on the grounds that it was 1) Frontier error and 2) I was elite 100k and with Works Bundle, agent assistance is free. The response was that Frontier would not issue a refund regardless of the error in the boarding pass and that Elite 100k and the Works Bundle did not include free agent assistance. Agent sent the links to both elite 100k benefits and Works Bundle benefits which in fact did not include agent assistance. I was surprised to see this because I assumed agent assistance was included. When I've booked tickets as 100k elite with works bundle, I am given the option to select agent assistance which has no cost. But, surprisingly, it is not listed as one of the benefits. I looked all over for terms and conditions but could not find anywhere where agent assistance was a benefit to support my claim. Luckily, I found my itinerary in the app which showed that agent assistance fee was included in my ticket. I sent a screen shot to customer service and demanded a refund immediately or I would 1) File a Complaint with DOT. 2) Dispute the charge with my credit card and 3) File a lawsuit in small claims court ( I'm an attorney) . The next day I received an email saying that Frontier would not issue a refund because agent assistance was not included benefit with my ticket but offered a $50 travel voucher for my trouble. I will accept the voucher instead of pursuing anything further since $50 is $50 but for the future, any time I book a ticket with the Works Bundle, I will select agent assistance as long as it is offered as a free benefit. I also modified all my upcoming trips to include agent assistance because for example, there are six of us flying on a trip next month and I don't want to risk paying $150 to print boarding passes if there are bar code errors. I will also always print out paper passes to use in combination with the app. I won't be 100k next year so I won't be getting the Works Bundle for free anymore, but that's my tip for all of you who do. Happy New Years Everyone!
Old Dec 28, 2022, 7:47 am

Programs: Discount Den and Delta Miles
Gate agent typed in something rather than scan our passes

I boarded at MCO last night and the gate agent typed rather than scanned boarding passes. It is no secret the Frontier website is a bucket of glitches. It will not even let you print a pass on my home printer, it gives me a message telling me to see a gate agent. Time for FAA complaints.
Old Dec 28, 2022, 9:35 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
It is even worse at the smaller out stations with contract agents. They have no idea that “agent assistance” is even an option. I have started printing all the included things on my trips and taking those hard copies with me.
alchemista likes this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 10:38 am

Wow that is unbelievable, thanks for sharing. Frontier customer service has been horrendous lately for that.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:08 pm
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
F9 does not honor Agent Assistance

As a 100K I always select the free Agent Assistance.

Even so, at MCO I was charged $25 for my boarding pass.

I wrote in to F9, and was reprimanded that Agent Assistance does not include a boarding pass and the charge is correct. I am stumped.
alchemista and delpiero223 like this.
Old Dec 29, 2022, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ftv

I wrote in to F9, and was reprimanded that Agent Assistance does not include a boarding pass and the charge is correct. I am stumped.
So what the heck do you get with "agent assistance"?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ftv

I suggest, do what I did. Demand a refund and if not, 1) file DOT complaint. 2) Dispute charge with credit card 3) File small claims case.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 12:46 am

Originally Posted by ftv

This same thing almost happened with me & my wife at MCO. It keep giving me an error to pull up my boarding pass in the app & I tried several times and even showed the agent the error. Then I was able to pull up my reservation on the app to show it was included but the agent said no its not on the reservation so its not included. I kept arguing with her & finally the other agent told her this is just the baggage drop area so they don't charge to print the ticket & they printed ours for free. So even if you do have it included be prepared to have to fight to get it for free or they will try to charge you.

Also another bad glitch is if you do try to change your ticket to another date it will then try to charge you $10 per person for the agent assistance when you try to change your ticket. So you have to cancel your ticket get a refund & book again.

Always something with Frontier. I would go to another airline but they are soo cheap & with 100k the extra legroom seats & baggage really come in handy with longhaul flights. No, to mention the cancellation and refund is nice with the works.
jjbiv and iahphx like this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 11:14 am

Just give them a call. Should be easy for customer service to issue a refund........

Corporate has to have phone service. Finding a phone # can't be much harder then finding one for Ticketmaster.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This thread is simply insane. I don't see how any company could have customer service this bad and stay in business.
jamiel likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
This thread is simply insane. I don't see how any company could have customer service this bad and stay in business.
Southwest tops Frontiers $25 charge
Old Dec 31, 2022, 8:49 am

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I haven't fully characterized the issue yet, but after 5-6 flights, these are my observations.

You can select Agent Assitance for $0.00 during booking as a 100k. But that doesn't seem to stick. I needed a BP reprinted in DEN once and the agent (and supposed station manager!) insisted that F9 100K flyers do not get Agent Assistance for free. I said, it's right there on my booking -- I selected it. They looked, and said no.

On another flight, I paid more attention while checking in on the app. I think there was another button to select Agent Assistance for $0.00. I wonder if you need to reselect it during the OLCI process? I think I did, but I can't remember the result.

Any other data points regarding whether you select Agent Assistance during initial booking, or during online checkin?
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:46 am

It seems like they set these nickel & dime fees just low enough that they don't think you're going to do anything about it. It sounds like a good class-action if they aren't giving the agent assistance they agreed to on the booking.

During the booking process you need to select the $0 agent assistance fee option manually but I'm assuming all you did that.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 3:01 pm

I found the page describing airport agent assistance, and it clearly says printing boarding passes:

https://www.flyfrontier.com/travel/t...984.1661713747

AIRPORT AGENT ASSISTANCE

Here at Frontier, we make optional services available to you to personalize your travel. Airport Agent Assistance is available for purchase for our passengers who prefer assistance at the airport for things like checking in and printing your boarding pass.

LIST OF EXEMPTIONS:

Customers who meet the following criteria may receive assistance from an airport agent without paying the Airport Agent Assistance Charge. Exemptions include:
  • Customer needing special assistance due to a disability
    • Wheelchair service
    • Meet and Assist
    • Service Animal
    • Hearing and/or Vision Impaired
  • Active Duty US Military with valid Common Access Card
  • Customers Checking Special Bag Items - Items needing special handling as part of a specific bag type or fee associated with the bag. Examples include:
    • Antlers Fee
    • Assistive Device
    • Checked (ticket counter or gate) Manual Wheelchairs, Electric Wheelchairs, and Electric Scooters
    • Baby Items: Infant or child items exempt from fees such as car seats, booster seats, diaper bags, strollers. Used only when the child or infant is traveling.
    • Bike Fee: oversize/overweight fee does not apply
    • Boot Bag: free of charge when skis or snowboards are checked as baggage
    • Media/Film Equipment
    • Oversize Bag: 63 inches or more
  • Customers with one of the following:
    • Cabin baggage for which an extra seat has been purchased
    • Extra Seat
    • Lap Infant
    • Pet in Cabin
    • Musical or Sports Equipment for reservation marketed (sold) by Volaris
pretzlaff and ericjenrique like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 7:22 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hobo13
I
On another flight, I paid more attention while checking in on the app. I think there was another button to select Agent Assistance for $0.00. I wonder if you need to reselect it during the OLCI process? I think I did, but I can't remember the result.

Any other data points regarding whether you select Agent Assistance during initial booking, or during online checkin?
I Am pretty sure that I select the free agent assistance when I did online check in. I always thought it was not necessary as I had boarding pass printed or screenshot on my phone but this thread made me realize it can be useful. I'll screenshot where I selected it too just in case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.