Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurants around - Rue Cler

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2011, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Restaurants around - Rue Cler

We've rented an apartment located near Rue Cler for a 7 night stay over the New Year period - We're a family of 5 looking forward to a winter holiday.

Looking for some good restaurant recommendations - all price ranges are welcome.

Just looking for good food & ambience - thanks.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Look at my recommendations in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/franc...ion-paris.html

there are several other threads about restaurants in Paris; I would suggest doing a search.
Rue Cler has several restaurants. It is Rick Steve's favorite street and you may find some information in his Paris book.

If you like truffles (the woodsy kind), this is a great place:
http://www.maison-de-la-truffe.com/

this is very french and a little pricey:
http://www.benoit-paris.com/

Also look at the 100th episode of No Reservations with Bourdain; he visits some of the new and upcoming restaurants in Paris:
http://www.travelchannel.com/TV_Show...s/ci.Paris.map
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:10 am

While I haven't been there for a few years, Florimond has always been a good bet:

http://www.tripadvisor.fr/Restaurant...de_France.html
Old Nov 1, 2011, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks to both of you for the tips provided.

I've taken a sneak peak at all of them & they almost transported me to Paris early
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:01 am

On the corner of Rue de Grenelle and Rue de lExposition there is a simple brasserie that has set lunches for under 10 euros. Good food and great value, especially for a family of 5.
Cafe du Marche right on Rue Cler is popular, although obviously a bit touristy. Brasserie Champs de Mars is another great Parisian place in the area.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by zoe67
Brasserie Champs de Mars is another great Parisian place in the area.
Do you mean Le Champs de Mars Brasserie on Ave. de la Bourdonnais? I paid 7 euros for a cafe creme there 3 or so years ago. It seems to have a reputation for high prices and marginal food:

http://www.tripadvisor.in/Restaurant...de_France.html

Maybe you meant another place?

Last edited by Mountain Trader; Nov 7, 2011 at 6:05 am
Old Nov 26, 2011, 5:55 am
Original Poster

Thank you to everyone that offered a recommendation.

We've eagerly looked at them all & look forward to enjoying as many as we can.

Thank you
Old Dec 10, 2011, 10:33 am

Hi,

Around rue cler, i strongly recommend :

- l'ami jean, rue malar, and l'affriol in the same street,
- all the christian constant's restaurants, rue saint dominique (the flagship being le violon d'ingres, but you may want to try also the cheap and great caf constant),
- l'auberge bressane, avenue de la motte picquet grenelle et d'chez eux, avenue de lowendal.

There are also great food stores in that area. Have a look at :
- probably the best cheese shop in Paris (marie-anne cantin, rue du champ de mars) and the best french ice cream (martine lambert, rue de grenelle),
- one of the best bakery (secco, rue jean nicot)
- good wine store at les grandes caves, rue saint dominique
- great "cannels" (small cakes from bordeaux) at lemoine, rue saint dominique,

Enjoy your stay !
Old Dec 17, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: AA - PLT(2MM); DL - PM(2MM); Hilton - Gold; Marriott Bonvoy- Titanium; Hyatt - Platinum
Couldn't agree more with your rue Marlar and St. Dominique recommendations.
When in Paris, over the last 25 years or so, I usually stay with a friend on r. Jean Nicot and so know the neighborhood well. Both l'Ami Jean and l'Affriole are great. And two years ago I dined at Cafe Constant. As an aside, I met M. Constant about ten years ago at a New Year's eve party he was hosting in his r. Jean Nicot apartment, since he is a neighbor of my friend. The cigars and champagne were everywhere, but the view of tout Paris from his penthouse was awesome!
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:24 pm
Original Poster

Love it - Thanks.

We have started our trip & are currently eating our way through Spain
Old Dec 27, 2011, 1:59 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Fairmont Presidents Club, SPG, Mariott,Continental, Westjet
Originally Posted by amaroo
We've rented an apartment located near Rue Cler for a 7 night stay over the New Year period - We're a family of 5 looking forward to a winter holiday.

Looking for some good restaurant recommendations - all price ranges are welcome.

Just looking for good food & ambience - thanks.
Amaroo - I'd be interested to hear about your apartment and whether you would recommend it after your stay in Paris. We are a family of 4 looking for an apartment to rent for 10 days in Paris in August and we're looking at the Rue Cler district. So if it works out for you I would appreciate it if you would pass along the details. Enjoy your trip!!
Old Dec 27, 2011, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annesdaughter
Amaroo - I'd be interested to hear about your apartment and whether you would recommend it after your stay in Paris. We are a family of 4 looking for an apartment to rent for 10 days in Paris in August and we're looking at the Rue Cler district. So if it works out for you I would appreciate it if you would pass along the details. Enjoy your trip!!
Great timing - we're currently in Barcelona & fly to Paris tomorrow to begin our 7 night stay.

More than happy to provide feedback & if you like a photo or two.

Cheers
Old Dec 30, 2011, 1:42 am

Great timing - we're currently in Barcelona & fly to Paris tomorrow to begin our 7 night stay.

More than happy to provide feedback & if you like a photo or two.

Cheers
That would be great! Thanks so much; I'll look forward to hearing further. Enjoy Paris!!
Old Jan 6, 2012, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by annesdaughter
That would be great! Thanks so much; I'll look forward to hearing further. Enjoy Paris!!
It was Great!

The location is brilliant, walking distance to just about everything & around 3 mins to the metro.

Our apartment was wonderful & came stocked with every essential that one needs to cook, clean, read, eat & drink.....& daily housekeeping!

Loads of restaurants to choose from & about 1 min from Rue Cler.

Here is where we stayed, www.parisluxeapt.com/apt_chagall.html

......can confirm the pictures are exactly what the apartment looks like. I have many photos so if you would like more, no worries.

We would be very happy to stay again.

Cheers
Old Jan 7, 2012, 12:27 pm

It was Great!

The location is brilliant, walking distance to just about everything & around 3 mins to the metro.

Our apartment was wonderful & came stocked with every essential that one needs to cook, clean, read, eat & drink.....& daily housekeeping!

Loads of restaurants to choose from & about 1 min from Rue Cler.

Here is where we stayed, www.parisluxeapt.com/apt_chagall.html

......can confirm the pictures are exactly what the apartment looks like. I have many photos so if you would like more, no worries.

We would be very happy to stay again.

Cheers
Wow......thanks for posting this information and the link. I had a look and indeed the apartment you stayed in looks amazing; unfortunately, it's way above our budget. Maybe I will have to start looking through the budget travel forum, though I hope not I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful time, and appreciate the recommendation in any event.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.