Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Europe > France and Monaco
Reload this Page >

Accommodation and Restaurant Recommendation in Paris?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2011, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Silver; SPG

I'm visiting Paris during Dec 26 - 29 with my boyfriend. Have done some searches online and found the hotels quite expensive, esp during that time of the year . Do you have any recommendation on economical accommodation in Paris? It's OK to be a bit further away as long as it's close to metro, and the area is safe.

Another question: any French restaurant recommendation? Thinking of having a good meal together to celebrate our get-together trip

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 11:24 am

If you don't want to compromise on quality and still get a good deal, the 2-star Hotel Damremont might be an option. It is located in the backstreets of Montmartre, close to a number of metro stations.
http://damremont-paris-hotel.com/
Hotel Astruc Elysees is a 3-star hotel but I would consider it quite economical. It is in a different part of town, around the Arc de Triomphe, at Parc Monceau.
http://www.astrucelyseesparishotel.com/
La Cordonnerie, located in the center close to the Louvre, is a cute little restaurant. Run by a friendly chef and his wife, it is a moderately priced place.
rue St-Roch, 75001
01 42 60 17 42
Old Oct 19, 2011, 8:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: OnePass Silver; SPG
Thanks so much zoe67!

I checked both sites and they are at similar rates of 109 Euro, quite reasonable for holiday season in Paris~
Old Oct 20, 2011, 8:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
I'll shamlessly plug a hotel I've been checking out for myself for some time, which is Htel Home Moderne, a 2-star hotel south of Montparnasse. It's "comfort" room for double occupancy is EUR75 per night and is available checking 26th Dec.

It's a bit of a walk to Convention Metro stop but I've read lots of reviews and the neighborhood rates as good and safe if unspectacular.

Just a thought since you were soliciting some ideas.
Old Oct 21, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA-Plat, UA-MM, Hertz PC, HH, APEC ABTC
Paris Restaurants

Two suggestions that I recently (greatly) enjoyed in Paris:

Terminus Nord
Across the street from Gare du Nord. To me there is a romantic element to being across from the rail station and all the destinations that are therein possible. Okay, so I'm a romantic fool. Old school interior, white tablecloths, sparkling silver. Attentive, professional staff. I had the 'choucroute formidable'. And it was. I paid 33 euros.

La Comptoir de la Gastronomie
34, rue de Montmartre
This is a small restaurant that specializes in traditional, country-style dishes. The cassoulet is beyond excellent. Very affordable at 12 euros, but worth at least double that.
Attached to the restaurant is a small grocery selling a variety of specialty foods. This is currently my fave Parisian spot.

Enjoy!
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2 Mill - SPG Gold
restaurant

The small group of restaurants recommended by JDIVER would be great choice. 42 euros/each for a 3 course dinner in a nice place is hard to beat.
Old Oct 28, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
I really like to spend time in the 6th arr where the nightlife is great with tons of bars, cafes and restaurants.
Try this place; great food
If you like veal kidneys - it is the best I have had outside of Lyon.
They also have more "normal" food.

http://www.paris-best-restaurants.co...urant/zi111744

Another restaurant with a nice french menu albeit a little more touristy is
http://www.vagenende.com/
Old Oct 29, 2011, 9:58 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by keisari
Another restaurant with a nice french menu albeit a little more touristy is
http://www.vagenende.com/
It's been around a while, too. I have a menu from 1937 when my wife's grandmother ate there!
Old Oct 29, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA lifetime gold; Hilton Gold; Marriott/SPG Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
It's been around a while, too. I have a menu from 1937 when my wife's grandmother ate there!
In the last year or so they updated the place; new menus, different colors, they tore down some dividing walls and the place looks more spacious without loosing some of the classical charming details.
The service is still very nice; you never feel rushed and the place is always packed. The prices are reasonable and dinner for two with everything you want and a reasonably priced bottle of wine is still under 150 euros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.