Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New and cancelled destinations, major schedule and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Started 03SEP
TXL/BER seems to have lowered frequencies.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 11:15 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
My flight KUO-HEL in January just got cancelled.

Up until the end of March there are no more flights from KUO-HEL-AMS without a night layover in Helsinki.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by EuroFlash

Up until the end of March there are no more flights from KUO-HEL-AMS without a night layover in Helsinki.
That's one way of making sure that there is not sufficient demand for domestic flights.
EuroFlash likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I can't believe they couldn't have at least retained a couple proper connections with international flights to AMS. Same issue is happing with Berlin (0 connections), Paris (0 connections), Dusseldorf (0 connections), Brussels (0 connections), Frankfurt (0 connections), London (1 connection a week) and so on. Don't forget we are talking about a period of more than 5 months! Almost half a year of barely any connection.

I haven't checked other destinations except KUO yet. But I can imagine same goes for other cities too.
Nephoi likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:15 am

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thanaset
I booked OSL-HEL-BKK round trip in J and they cancelled BKK until 31 MARCH 2021.

I asked to re-route via HKG (OSL-HEL-HKG-BKK) because they are still selling this route on Finnair.com but they said "no"

The only options are 1. Full Refund and 2. Move the flight and the latest date for now is 30 SEP 2021

I called Finnair Thai Office and the agent was really helpful, she even did add the route OSL-HEL-HKG-BKK to the booking as I saw it on Checkmytrip and Finnair but she said she has to consult and get the approval from Head Office and after about an hour, she called and said that the head office denied the request. All I can do now is to wait for the green light from Thai government to give the permission to Finnair to carry passenger into Thailand and the schedule might be changed again or I can move the flight to next year or get the full refund.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:18 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just called AY and they refuse to rebook canceled CAN bookings as no flights are scheduled yet for next year. They refuse to rebook to other destinations like HKG, which they previously did. They only offer a destination change for PEK.
They said I could only get a refund. Any recourse? Not happy with this, I would rather get rebooked to HKG.
esledo likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 3:24 am

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
My flight KUO-HEL in January just got cancelled.<br /><br />Up until the end of March there are no more flights from KUO-HEL-AMS without a night layover in Helsinki.
My KUO flights were happily rerouted via JOE.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:32 am

At least it seems possible to do KUO-HEL-AMS in one day if you take the train from KUO to HEL, avoiding the overnight connection in that direction. However, the only AMS-HEL flight arrives so late that the last train already has departed, forcing an overnight connection. I didn't check if the schedule depends on the day of week.

KLM lists four flights per day between AMS and HEL in January, so I wouldn't trust the schedule.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I think we're getting fast to what aviation networks used to be in the 1970's
DALtoAAL likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 4:55 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Still beats ground transport. bahn.de suggests a 10 connection trip, with two nights on the road.

EuroFlash likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Similar that my VIE-HEL trip was during the Icelandic vulcano chaos. That was 44 hrs. (and I was on the last flight out of NRT to Europe, all destinations west of VIE had been cancelled that morning and AY had left earlier)
Old Oct 9, 2020, 7:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
I think we're getting fast to what aviation networks used to be in the 1970's
Does that mean we also get back the tax free sales, catering and all other associated characteristics of the 70's AY?

Like:

Taken there's not currently any meaningful connectivity at HEL between shorthaul and longhaul flights, one could actually now even make an old styled system diagram of the current AY network. The situation differs of course from the 60's and 70's, but it just goes to demonstrate how the level of traffic is like rewinding 40-50 years.

(Both attachments are CC BY-NC-ND 4.0.)
SPBanker likes this.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 8:05 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Does that mean we also get back the tax free sales, catering and all other associated characteristics of the 70's AY?
And ticket prices decided in cabinets.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was talking only about network, not other aspects. But I happily give / gave up shorthaul catering vs smokers on the plane.
Old Oct 9, 2020, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

MA 380 BUD-SXF-CPH-HEL on an IL-18 prop plane - an adventure in itself!

even better - AY 752 HEL-CPH-PRG-VIE-BUD !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.