Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by Reissuruuna
All flights next fall during the one week.
Just thinking could Platinum be renewed in one day by this campaign.
r2d2, ffay005, intuition and 2 others like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 3:20 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
dont. Murphy lives close by and something will go wrong.
intuition and kauppias like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 5:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (Lifetime Gold), HH Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
I also pulled the trigger and decided to go for Lumo by end of 2022 thanks to triple points campaign. Of course these extra points are also nice addition towards LTP - if all goes well, I'm around 4.6M by end of 2022
Old May 8, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
My plan was to make one long-haul flight (I have a voucher for a SG hotel that needs salvaging) to pad to Platinum. But with the triple points, padding can be had with a medium-haul classic tickets.

So I'm tempted to take this promotion in the opposite direction: as the best opportunity so far to reduce my (award) points balance, for once that I don't really need tier points and thus can book award flights.

It seems that getting the 300k extra tier points to Lumo (from Plat) would require almost 3k€ on three round-trips to DEL or BKK in Economy Flex. Premium Economy is not on sale to those destinations yet. Or did I miss something?
intuition likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:09 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by zxcv1
Is it me or have the prices been bumped up over the past 2-3 days? ....
Or maybe after stripping 'Classic' of all value it has become so darn popular, they need to steer some demand to other ticket types...

zxcv1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:12 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
For us stressed out people that is the dream...
Old May 8, 2022, 1:13 am

For exARN long hauls there is also a discount code.

No idea how long valid but worked yesterday (-1500 SEK)
Old May 8, 2022, 1:28 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
For exARN long hauls there is also a discount code.

No idea how long valid but worked yesterday (-1500 SEK)
a public one?
Old May 8, 2022, 2:06 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by kauppias
a public one?
Try FINNAIR
kauppias likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by FFlash
Try FINNAIR
Try SAS if it gives -3000 SEK.
intuition, FFlash and kauppias like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 5:37 am
Moderator, Finnair

Did anyone already fly on a 3x flight?
I am just curious if promo points do post alongside normal points.

And of course if they qualify as "earned from finnair flights"?
(I do appreciate they should, just asking if they do without fighting Finnair customer no-service staff)
Originally Posted by ffay005
I wonder whether the triple points are counted as "AY flights" towards Lumo. Yes, we get triple tier points. But will the whole triple amount qualify as Lumo-qualifying AY flight points as well? If yes, then I will reach Lumo.
Old May 8, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by intuition
Did anyone already fly on a 3x flight?
I am just curious if promo points do post alongside normal points.

And of course if they qualify as "earned from finnair flights"?
(I do appreciate they should, just asking if they do without fighting Finnair customer no-service staff)
Why shoUld it be any different from the 2x flights? SHOULD post automatic if no upgrades or changes, MIGHT post automatic IF changes or retro posts manually and then Causes
some slowness in getting them LUMO compliant but they will fix it eventually 😏😁
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:34 am
Moderator, Finnair

Why shoUld it be any different from the 2x flights? SHOULD post automatic if no upgrades or changes, MIGHT post automatic ...
Yes, they should.
But I didn't fly anything under the 2x promo, so I have no experience how it went. Reading on FT says it did not work for many many flyers and flights. So I think it would be interesting to know how it works this time.
Also, I would be looking to burn all vouchers accumulated during 2 years, so many of my bookings would be touched by waitlist, upgrades et.c.
Perhaps they learned from the 2x promo that lots of stuff is broken and maybe they have prepared systems better for this promo. When the first idiot reports how points posted we will know.

... IF changes or retro posts manually and then Causes
some slowness in getting them LUMO compliant but they will fix it eventually 😏😁
And this would be an issue for me. I do not have time or energy to fight Finnair to get what is promised.
Also, as my year end is coming up, slowness to post is a big turn-off for me.

I am in no mood spending the summer calling the no-service plat line. We all know that mail and web-forms are duly ignored for 4-8 week, so calling is the only option. There the only reply you'll ever get is either "send in documents in mail so we can ignore you 8 weeks more" or "we will talk to another department so sort this out".
Old May 8, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
I am in no mood spending the summer calling the no-service plat line. We all know that mail and web-forms are duly ignored for 4-8 week, so calling is the only option. There the only reply you'll ever get is either "send in documents in mail so we can ignore you 8 weeks more" or "we will talk to another department so sort this out".
Use WhatsApp if you are Plat.
GeeTee77 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:00 am

Yes, they should.
But I didn't fly anything under the 2x promo, so I have no experience how it went. Reading on FT says it did not work for many many flyers and flights. So I think it would be interesting to know how it works this time.
Also, I would be looking to burn all vouchers accumulated during 2 years, so many of my bookings would be touched by waitlist, upgrades et.c.
Perhaps they learned from the 2x promo that lots of stuff is broken and maybe they have prepared systems better for this promo. When the first idiot reports how points posted we will know.

And this would be an issue for me. I do not have time or energy to fight Finnair to get what is promised.
Also, as my year end is coming up, slowness to post is a big turn-off for me.

I dont recall anyone having issues with flights posting automatically if they did NOT make Changes, so if you fly as booked you should be fine.

If not I wouldnt count on it. I am sure these are YMMV situations but all my Y flights posted without intervention and ALL my UPGRADED flights had to be manually posted
intuition and GeeTee77 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.