Old May 17, 22, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Old May 17, 22, 10:53 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Am I sleeping or why I cannot find how to make a Wiki here?

Wanted just to copypaste into Wiki those terms n cond about these promos for later fights so that a teference can be found as backup. Own emails are deleted namely…
Originally Posted by Jainzar View Post
Maybe it needs to be temppa ?
At the top of the thread in the blue menu bar, you click on “Thread Tools” and then choose “Create wiki post” from the drop-down. Any FTer who has 90+ posts and been here 90+ days can do it, it doesn’t have to be OP of the thread.
temppa, FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old May 17, 22, 2:31 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
At the top of the thread in the blue menu bar, you click on Thread Tools and then choose Create wiki post from the drop-down. Any FTer who has 90+ posts and been here 90+ days can do it, it doesnt have to be OP of the thread.
Phone? Not me. Only web browser? Cannot findwhatever
Old May 17, 22, 2:48 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac King of Coffee, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by FFlash View Post
Phone? Not me. Only web browser? Cannot findwhatever
Last option on the menu bar below. I have no idea how it works on mobile as I rarely if ever use FT on it.

FFlash likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 6:01 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Bonvoy/Melia Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
30% more points and 30% price reduction - point sales offer 17. to 31. May 2022... Whilst the promotion is active the amount of points Finnair Plus members may purchase or receive in the calendar year increases from 150,000 to 200,000 points. And 200,000 + 60,000 points can be had for only eur 1802.50 instead of eur 2575.00.

OT: the points.com can not be satisfied with my AY SEB MC, so I decided to use the Plat Amex and it worked like in dream. Both for me and spouse!

Last edited by TTL; May 19, 22 at 7:07 am Reason: Oops I did it again...
Old May 19, 22, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
At the 30/30 level (100k points and up) this is effectively the same offer as last time (0,7 EURcent/point)
Just no tier points as a bonus this time
Old May 19, 22, 8:23 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by intuition View Post
At the 30/30 level (100k points and up) this is effectively the same offer as last time (0,7 EURcent/point)
Just no tier points as a bonus this time
With no tier points this makes very little sense for me as it is.. Too much award points around anyway.

Youll get 1.6x LH J return/5x LH upgrade for 1800 so its not bad value for someone who is short of award points, is flexible with travel dates and is not necessarily so interested in tier points.
kauppias likes this.
Old May 19, 22, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Platinum, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat View Post
With no tier points this makes very little sense for me as it is.. Too much award points around anyway.
Totally agree.
I just found it interesting that they are selling points at the same price as last time.
On some level one can say Tier points cost nothing, while the award points has some kind of bookable cost/liability. Doing a new points sale so soon again, and keeping it at the same price says something about the situation.
Old May 19, 22, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, TK Elite, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The difference here being that during covid, award availability was spectacular. Now, it's nonexistent to many destinations.
Old May 19, 22, 1:37 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by ffay005 View Post
The difference here being that during covid, award availability was spectacular. Now, it's nonexistent to many destinations.
I am not surprised with this number of points promotions.... they're giving points away as fast as the US is printing dollars
Old May 19, 22, 2:57 pm

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Diamon/ay platinum Lumo
Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post
I am not surprised with this number of points promotions.... they're giving points away as fast as the US is printing dollars
they are trying to survive 😃🤷‍♂️

They are getting creative which is good as long as they dont make their product too crappy on
the way there...
GeeTee77 and FlyeBye like this.
Old May 22, 22, 9:11 am

Programs: Finnair
Question for people who have been participating in these promotions before:

In the rules, it states that "Whilst the promotion is active the amount of points Finnair Plus members may purchase or receive in the calendar year increases from 150,000 to 200,000 points." Let's assume that there would be another promotion later during 2022 (like the one they had in December 2021), would you be eligible to buy any more points if you would have bought 200,000 points from this particular promotion?

Considering participating in the promotion but wouldn't want to be excluded from a possible promotion that also includes free tier points
Old May 22, 22, 11:15 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/IHG/VISA Plat, Bonvoy/Melia Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest, BT Exec
Originally Posted by jonivatj View Post

In the rules, it states that "Whilst the promotion is active the amount of points Finnair Plus members may purchase or receive in the calendar year increases from 150,000 to 200,000 points." Let's assume that there would be another promotion later during 2022 (like the one they had in December 2021), would you be eligible to buy any more points if you would have bought 200,000 points from this particular promotion?

Considering participating in the promotion but wouldn't want to be excluded from a possible promotion that also includes free tier points
The problem of keeping and eating the cake...
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old May 22, 22, 2:44 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors/Carlson Gold

No one can give you an answer on this. As TLL wisely put it for you keeping and eating the cake at the same time is not easy..
TTL likes this.
Old May 22, 22, 4:10 pm

My gut feeling says don't count any more tier points promos. We had Christmas 2020 and 2021 and 3X now in May. Load factor on my flights recently has been in high 90's, can't really see AY's benefit of more tier promos (for now).
Old May 22, 22, 4:53 pm

Programs: AF Platinum Ultimate/SK EBD/baEC G/MR tit/A3 *G/RR G/HH D/IHG Diamon/ay platinum Lumo
Originally Posted by seldomrfly View Post
My gut feeling says don't count any more tier points promos. We had Christmas 2020 and 2021 and 3X now in May. Load factor on my flights recently has been in high 90's, can't really see AY's benefit of more tier promos (for now).
hard to say, but perhaps you are right... LH flights are fuller up front and emptyish in back on my flights. My sh flights are mainly with AF so not alot of experience lately with ay EU flights...

If they dont start filling LH flights soon they may be offering another tier bonus or perhaps we will see a 4x promo like sk soon 😁😁😁

Search this Thread