Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2022, 10:36 pm

Programs: AY+
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Dont we have any virtuosos here telling where to get maximum (triple) points?
OSL-JFK-OSL Y flex 7300NOK 81000p + tier multiplier
intuition likes this.
Old May 4, 2022, 11:34 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Sadly I feel the need to ask FinnairPlus a few questions before commiting, because some of the things that worked fine for years was rather shaky last promo.

1. Can we expect promo-points to post automatically? And at the same time as the ordinary points?

2. Will minor changes to the ticket affect the promo? I am referring to waitlisting, upgrade by vouchers/points/cash, change of date (within the "travel between" dates of course), involuntary changes to dates and route due to Finnair cancelling flights. Is the promo still applied in such cases and can we expect points to post automatically in a timely manner?

and one question not related to this promo specific (as I am aware this case is not valid for the promo)

3. There is a table for earnings on AY codeshares , basically saying ticket-type-factor times km flown. New to me is that there is no requirement of an alliance parter, only saying partner flights with numbers AY2501–AY7000 are included. Can you confirm that codeshares in the interval on non-alliance airlines (e.g. JQ) are earning according to this table?

Last edited by intuition; May 4, 2022 at 11:59 pm
Old May 4, 2022, 11:44 pm

I need 60k finnair points, what is the cheapest ticket to get these points?
Hel-Bkk-Hel , eco flex ticket?
I would like to go JFK or Ord, but I can not find any ticket less than 1000eur
Old May 4, 2022, 11:57 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by intuition
How many segments? That's like 138€ for a 4 segment trip? Perhaps you can at least reveal total numer of points and total price?
4 segments, and not short-haul, as that's too time-inefficient, but connecting to a long-haul with the new cabins €-price was in the lower 400s or so. I believe point of origin would be rather convenient for you too!
Old May 5, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Timppa_HEL
I need 60k finnair points, what is the cheapest ticket to get these points?
Hel-Bkk-Hel , eco flex ticket?
I would like to go JFK or Ord, but I can not find any ticket less than 1000eur
right now BKK can v
Be had for eco classic 60k or flex 90k points so very easy flex ex hel 804€ classic about 170€less
Old May 5, 2022, 1:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by kauppias
right now BKK can v
Be had for eco classic 60k or flex 90k points so very easy flex ex hel 804€ classic about 170€less
Going on a work trip this month to BKK/KUL - of course the ticket is already purchased OTOH I'm not too upset, as Plat will be renewed anyway, no schemes on Lumo. Of course the extra points would have been welcome, but *shrug* Probably long covid caused me to recover the FFP bug

PS - The interesting thing is however, that AY (ahem, Amex GBT) sold me KUL-HEL via BKK all on one ticket and AY code.
Old May 5, 2022, 1:38 am

I was looking at SYD-SIN-HEL-LAX return Business class for $US5600 to get me the 89000 LPs I need to qualify for Platinum Pro in AAdvantage (no hope of requalifying for EXP with AA's new scheme). Then this Promo came along and by my reckoning should get 270000 pts. Looks like I will revisit FinnairPlus Platinum status which I relinquished maybe 20yrs ago - can't even locate my old membership number so had to rejoin.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum
Have you seen the new ”promo” prices Finnair has to USA? Business +5k.. 😂🤣😂

The new Business Class is NOT a First Class product.. Just saying 😂🤣😂
esledo and kauppias like this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:14 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by intuition
Sadly I feel the need to ask FinnairPlus a few questions before commiting, because some of the things that worked fine for years was rather shaky last promo.

1. Can we expect promo-points to post automatically? And at the same time as the ordinary points?

2. Will minor changes to the ticket affect the promo? I am referring to waitlisting, upgrade by vouchers/points/cash, change of date (within the "travel between" dates of course), involuntary changes to dates and route due to Finnair cancelling flights. Is the promo still applied in such cases and can we expect points to post automatically in a timely manner?

and one question not related to this promo specific (as I am aware this case is not valid for the promo)

3. There is a table for earnings on AY codeshares , basically saying ticket-type-factor times km flown. New to me is that there is no requirement of an alliance parter, only saying partner flights with numbers AY2501–AY7000 are included. Can you confirm that codeshares in the interval on non-alliance airlines (e.g. JQ) are earning according to this table?
4. Will changing during the campaign period an existing Flex ticket bought before the campaign period, thus getting reissued an old ticket during the campaign period, count towards the campaign? In the past this has been so.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by 3544quebec
I was looking at SYD-SIN-HEL-LAX return Business class for $US5600 to get me the 89000 LPs I need to qualify for Platinum Pro in AAdvantage (no hope of requalifying for EXP with AA's new scheme). Then this Promo came along and by my reckoning should get 270000 pts. Looks like I will revisit FinnairPlus Platinum status which I relinquished maybe 20yrs ago - can't even locate my old membership number so had to rejoin.
just remember codeshares wont earn triple
3544quebec likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 5:43 am

Originally Posted by AY0005
Have you seen the new ”promo” prices Finnair has to USA? Business +5k.. 😂🤣😂

The new Business Class is NOT a First Class product.. Just saying 😂🤣😂
Ay J prices have been insane lately. I was going to buy J but at 4k no thanks 😁😁
Old May 5, 2022, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
just remember codeshares wont earn triple

Oops - make that 230000 pts
Old May 5, 2022, 6:23 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Oops - make that 230000 pts
still a very nice score and OWE 😀
Old May 5, 2022, 6:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
We got a confirmation that campaign classic is good for this promo, but how many points does campaign classic give? The same as the normal classic (100 %) or some peanuts (25 % etc)?
Old May 5, 2022, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by kanamurva
We got a confirmation that campaign classic is good for this promo, but how many points does campaign classic give? The same as the normal classic (100 %) or some peanuts (25 % etc)?
Same as classic
kanamurva likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.