Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2022, 3:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FFlash
Terms and conditions for promos can be found here.

DOUBLE POINTS PROMO:
LIMITED-TIME ONLY: DOUBLE POINTS FROM FLIGHTS

Only new reservations made between 4 January 2022 (00:00:01 UTC +2) and 11 January 2022 (23:59:59 UTC +2) are eligible for extra points. Travel period: 4 January–31 August 2022. Eligible routes: Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes. Eligible ticket types: Economy Classic, Economy Flex, Business Classic, Business Flex. Extra points are award and tier points. Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time. Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.

Triple points for your flights

• Only new reservations made between 3 May 2022 (00:00:01 UTC+3) and 10 May 2022 (23:59:59 UTC+3) are eligible for extra points.
  • Travel period: 4 May–31 December 2022.
  • Eligible routes: all Finnair marketed and Finnair/Norra operated routes.
  • Eligible ticket types: all ticket types (Light, Classic, Flex) from all travel classes (Economy Class, Premium Economy, Business Class)
  • Extra points are award points and tier points.
  • Finnair Plus terms and conditions apply. Finnair reserves the right to make changes at any time.
  • Remember to add your Finnair Plus member number on your reservation.
  • See more details about earning points from flights.

30% off Finnair Classic award flights

• Sales period: from 3 May (00:00:01 UTC+3) to 10 May (23:59:59 UTC+3) 2022.
  • Travel period: 4 May–30 November 2022.
  • See more details about award flights and discounted prices.
  • Flights to and from these destinations are excluded from the discount: Chania, China, Dallas, Dubai, Edinburgh, Alanya, Heraklion, Japan, Korea, Las Palmas, Los Angeles (Direct flights between Arlanda and Los Angeles are not excluded), Madeira, Malaga, Naples, New York (Direct flights between Arlanda and New York are not excluded), Palma de Mallorca, Porto, Rhodes, Seattle, Tenerife, Verona, Visby.

Print Wikipost

2022 promotions

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2022, 11:26 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
We all agree that there are flaws with AY, both with their IT and current/expected level of CS / availability etc. but I think we need to keep things in context. If the customer is right they will fix everything after a call/whatsapp. Very little ”fighting” needed, it really isn’t all as bad as some posts here might indicate, that’s my opinion (and I have dealt with them extensively on various matters over the last 2 years also and everything has worked out ok)
r2d2, intuition, GeeTee77 and 1 others like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:35 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
We all agree that there are flaws with AY, both with their IT and current/expected level of CS / availability etc. but I think we need to keep things in context. If the customer is right they will fix everything after a call/whatsapp. Very little ”fighting” needed, it really isn’t all as bad as some posts here might indicate, that’s my opinion (and I have dealt with them extensively on various matters over the last 2 years also and everything has worked out ok)
No sir, I have several clearcut cases they cant fix. I am gotten a kauppias-syndrome it seems😉
NoWindowSeat likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:40 am
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
I'm assuming that multi-leg journeys booked via chat will qualify for 3x points?
delpiero223 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by a_k
I'm assuming that multi-leg journeys booked via chat will qualify for 3x points?
If you were succesful to book multi-city, even that qualifies for 300x saladpoints by fellow flyertalkers here 😁
cistavoda likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:51 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Jainzar
Use WhatsApp if you are Plat.
Yeah, I know many reports wonderful things about service given through whatsapp.

IMHO, There is just something very wrong with things when I am required to register my phone number with a third party just so I can be allowed to contact Finnair and use a 5x3 cm virtual keyboard to type out flight details. This would be my one and only use of the app and thus I have stayed away from it so far.

So what I was looking for was confirmation weather or not this will be required, and it seems experience points to 'yes'. If I buy flights under the promo I cannot count on points posting and I will have to use whatsapp to make it happen.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:30 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
It’s trivial to use WhatsApp with a laptop as well.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
No sir, I have several clearcut cases they cant fix. I am gotten a kauppias-syndrome it seems😉
Perhaps AY uses some internal Eagle system, though then I'd be surprised how kauppias could sit that low.
I must be another one with the syndrome, but I admit that I preach "the better card you have, the better service you should get" idea - which is certainly not about demanding free upgrades or bumping other passengers from their seats (which afaik HONs are eligible for).
kauppias likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 12:36 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Yeah, I know many reports wonderful things about service given through whatsapp.

IMHO, There is just something very wrong with things when I am required to register my phone number with a third party just so I can be allowed to contact Finnair and use a 5x3 cm virtual keyboard to type out flight details. This would be my one and only use of the app and thus I have stayed away from it so far.

So what I was looking for was confirmation weather or not this will be required, and it seems experience points to 'yes'. If I buy flights under the promo I cannot count on points posting and I will have to use whatsapp to make it happen.
I understand it’s frustrating but all it really takes is one quick message if you have an upgrade applied to an underlying ticket that qualifies for the promo.

The phone number thing I get but don’t you already share that with AY for irrops situations anyway?

I’d also be interested in hearing what airlines can run such a scenario automatically. Promo tied to ticket issue date and later confirmed upgrade leading to ticket reissue at another date = everything posting automatically.

I’m not defending AY in any way but just try to keep all this beating relevant 😀
GeeTee77 and kauppias like this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:07 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by remymartin
WhatsApp proper cannot be used from a desktop. The web interface is just a convenience proxy for the phone bound to the phone number. In fact, if the phone is not online, the "desktop" (really web) interface will not work.

Personally, I gave up and (re)installed WhatsApp, though I mainly use Signal (or the corporate system) for instant messaging, but I understand Intuition's standpoint.
AY005 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by Courmisch
WhatsApp proper cannot be used from a desktop. The web interface is just a convenience proxy for the phone bound to the phone number. In fact, if the phone is not online, the "desktop" (really web) interface will not work.

Personally, I gave up and (re)installed WhatsApp, though I mainly use Signal (or the corporate system) for instant messaging, but I understand Intuition's standpoint.
Indeed, but I was addressing 5x3cm keyboard issue.
Old May 8, 2022, 1:44 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by remymartin
OK, are you referring to webb or downloaded version? I tried webb version but it looked to me like I still needed the phone app too. From what I understand, it won't work unless you put finnair number in your phonebook and then share all your contacts in the phone with whatsapp, even if you intend to use desktop. I am sorry for this OT, but is there possibility to just start a chat with Finnair without all this, I would really appreciate having it explained!
Old May 8, 2022, 2:54 pm

Programs: AY platinum, Sixt diamond, IHG diamond, ALL diamond
Originally Posted by Courmisch

There is a proper desktop app available on the windows store. Well, as 'proper' as it can be, it being an electron framework app, but it works on the desktop.

If you sigin up for Whatsapp beta, your phone can be switched off and your desktop client/web client will work as long as it has been previously connected with the phone. They're supposed to roll out this feature to all users at some point.

OK, are you referring to webb or downloaded version? I tried webb version but it looked to me like I still needed the phone app too. From what I understand, it won't work unless you put finnair number in your phonebook and then share all your contacts in the phone with whatsapp, even if you intend to use desktop.
That's just how Whatsapp works. You need to have the number in your contacts on your phone in order to initate a chat - also you need Whatsapp on your phone as your phone number is your identifier on Whatsapp. That's just how the app works.
Old May 8, 2022, 7:27 pm

Programs: HappinesSMiles Silver
OK, are you referring to webb or downloaded version? I tried webb version but it looked to me like I still needed the phone app too. From what I understand, it won't work unless you put finnair number in your phonebook and then share all your contacts in the phone with whatsapp, even if you intend to use desktop. I am sorry for this OT, but is there possibility to just start a chat with Finnair without all this, I would really appreciate having it explained!
No need to share contacts with Whatsapp. Navigate to wa.me/countrycodephonenumber and it will initiate chat with the provided phone number. I have non functioning prepaid number registered with Whatsapp to avoid anyone trying to message me through my actual number. Hopefully one day we all could live whatsapp free lives.
intuition likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:50 pm
Company Representative, Finnair

Programs: Finnair Plus
Originally Posted by JoergH
Maybe it was already answered, but is it fine to add the AY+ number later after the booking was made? Don't like to lose 1/2 year of tracking period
I would read "don't forget to add the number on the reservation" as it's fine to add it later?!
AY+ number can be added after the booking was made and doesn't affect your eligibility for the promotion if you do not add it at the time of booking.

Last edited by FinnairPlus; May 9, 2022 at 2:28 am Reason: added for clarity "if you do not add it at the time of booking"
Old May 9, 2022, 12:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

The phone number thing I get but don’t you already share that with AY for irrops situations anyway?
Indeed!
My problem is having it published elsewhere or having contacts harvested.

Originally Posted by avermat
No need to share contacts with Whatsapp. ...
Excellent!
Did you add your burner number to Finnair profile for this to work? (Assuming Finnair uses "caller id" to authenticate the member)
NoWindowSeat likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.