Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experiences of AY flights during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:00 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Courmisch
So errm, what are the new restrictions exactly? YLE says test is now required within 48 hours of departure from Schengen member country, but... it does not say what kind of test nor how this applies to nationals and residents who are principally allowed to enter.

I suppose airport arrival testing will be pretty chaotic and it is preferable to get tested before departure, if at all possible, but then that gets back to the first question.

FINENTRY keeps saying that I don't need to be tested at all, evidently not up to date.
I read about this as well and will be interested in knowing more about requirements, how it's enforced, what it means for transit (including over night transit etc.)

As this will certainly be a discussion of interest for travelers (especially for those who are not exempt from testing), may I suggest to continue the discussion here?

Traveling to Finland - Page 19 - FlyerTalk Forums

This way people will likely find the information more quickly.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SK *G, Hertz President's Circle
As recommended in the höpö-höpö thread, I thought I'd post to say that despite reports to the contrary, priority security at HEL has not been closing at 5 pm but has been open at least until 7.30 pm (last Friday) and today at around 5.30 pm. The only thing that annoyed me today was that all priority desks except for one emerald desk were closed, leading to queues...
remymartin and FFlash like this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:44 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Today I had the best norra flight ever purser was absolutely fantastic, no plat talk but other then that just very attentive service!

👍👍
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by GaryK84
As recommended in the höpö-höpö thread, I thought I'd post to say that despite reports to the contrary, priority security at HEL has not been closing at 5 pm but has been open at least until 7.30 pm (last Friday) and today at around 5.30 pm. The only thing that annoyed me today was that all priority desks except for one emerald desk were closed, leading to queues...
I asked when going through security, they said they close at 20:00
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I'll be flying tomorrow at 5 pm. I'd ask my friend to drive me to T1, but if prio security is indeed open, I might as well try the new entrance at T2. Let's hope they're open tomorrow, too.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
EDIT: nvm
Old Dec 23, 2021, 5:58 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I was genuinely surprised by my experiences onboard and at HEL with Finnair recently. It's as though staff and crew have had a totally different training on customer services - very positive, from crew to lounge staff.

LHR however was a disaster zone. As are Finnair's web, iOS apps, call lines and Chat which are a total waste of time.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Prio security was open at T2 today at 4 pm.

Temporary passport control booths erected at gate 22. There are five booths, and I find it hard to believe that all will be in use at the same time. I' m returning home on 04JAN during the afternoon rush hour. Let's see how long the wait is, especially if they insist on machine reading everyone's docs. A quick manual check wouldn't be too bad, but...
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:09 am
Original Poster

AY now has an automated OLCI process to “check” Covid docs. This only applies to a handful of countries, Spain being one of them. The system just asked if I have the docs, and when I chose “yes”, it issued a BP. Nothing was checked at the gate. Interesting take, I’d say.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:26 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ffay005
AY now has an automated OLCI process to “check” Covid docs. This only applies to a handful of countries, Spain being one of them. The system just asked if I have the docs, and when I chose “yes”, it issued a BP. Nothing was checked at the gate. Interesting take, I’d say.
Concerning Spain not much difference compared to 3 weeks ago. At the check-in desk they only asked if the form for Spain is filled. No checks.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 8:32 am
Original Poster

I suppose it’s understandable because you can even fill in the form after arrival if need be. But what about the covidpass?

If HEL once had a good reputation, I wonder how much is left of it at the moment. We boarded on time, boarding was completed on time, and then we waited 35 min for the baggage handlers to do their job. With deicing, my guess is we will arrive 45 min late, for no particular reason.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I suppose it’s understandable because you can even fill in the form after arrival if need be. But what about the covidpass?

If HEL once had a good reputation, I wonder how much is left of it at the moment. We boarded on time, boarding was completed on time, and then we waited 35 min for the baggage handlers to do their job. With deicing, my guess is we will arrive 45 min late, for no particular reason.
HEL needs to follow AY.

AY has gone down, so is HEL as well. Just bad
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:32 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This is no different than when it was launched late Nov or beginning of Dec. A bunch of checkboxes, no upload functionality. If MVP was this, couldn’t this have been implemented like.. a year ago?
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by remymartin
This is no different than when it was launched late Nov or beginning of Dec. A bunch of checkboxes, no upload functionality. If MVP was this, couldn’t this have been implemented like.. a year ago?
Hahahaha my god. How is it possible for a reputable airline to have such horrible IT. Everything that can go wrong is going wrong...
Old Dec 23, 2021, 1:00 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The ”solution” is a off-shelf add-on by Amadeus, used by many airlines, Lufthansa at least. I take they bought it right away when it was available, but need to get someone in charge of approving the uploaded documents before taking this tool properly into use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.