Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Before the renovation, MH F lounge in KUL had a separate part for their own C/F flyers. I think that's not so anymore.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 12:59 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Before the renovation, MH F lounge in KUL had a separate part for their own C/F flyers. I think that's not so anymore.
They still have something called the First Class Suite inside the F lounge. Not sure about access rules, but thinking it's First class pax only and possibly VIPs.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Examples please.. I've been an AA EXP (standard OWE, not a CK) for over 10 years, and not aware of any lounge I'm entitled to access that any OWE is not allowed to in the AA lounge network. As a matter of fact, when flying solely on US domestic itineraries, I'm not allowed to access AA Flagship Lounges while any other OWE can.

BA has it's CCR Lounges, but one needs to be flying BA F or have a beyond BA's standard Gold/OWE status to access..
flagship dining

Examples please.. I've been an AA EXP (standard OWE, not a CK) for over 10 years, and not aware of any lounge I'm entitled to access that any OWE is not allowed to in the AA lounge network. As a matter of fact, when flying solely on US domestic itineraries, I'm not allowed to access AA Flagship Lounges while any other OWE can.

BA has it's CCR Lounges, but one needs to be flying BA F or have a beyond BA's standard Gold/OWE status to access..
flagship checkin
napapiiri likes this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 25, 2019 at 1:33 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by same member
Old Jan 22, 2019, 6:40 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by londonexpert

flagship dining & flagship check-in
Flagship check-in IS available for ANY non-AA OWE, as long as flight is operated by AA. For AA OWE, available only on qualifying international routes.

Flagship dining is only available for AA CK or F ticket holders. No access based on "normal" frequent flyer tier.

Thus I'd say teemuflyer is right that AA does not have a lounge that is accessible for AA's EXP, but not for other OWE flyers.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Flagship check-in IS available for ANY non-AA OWE, as long as flight is operated by AA. For AA OWE, available only on qualifying international routes.

Flagship dining is only available for AA CK or F ticket holders. No access based on "normal" frequent flyer tier.

Thus I'd say teemuflyer is right that AA does not have a lounge that is accessible for AA's EXP, but not for other OWE flyers.
not true

flagship checkin is restricted to 3 class f pax only and CK
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond

not true

Not quite. From AA on Flagship Check-in- https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp

Access
Qualifying First class

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on American in Flagship® First on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight.

Qualifying AAdvantage® Executive Platinum

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin).

ConciergeKeySM

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).

oneworld® EmeraldSM

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

Five Star ServiceSM customers

Get access when Five Star ServiceSM is purchased.
intuition, esledo and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 22, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus

not true

You've started spreading disinformation. Please do not continue to do so.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:34 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Bdsm
Re the calculation on how many pax will be served per day by a la carte chef (assuming only lumos get this in premium lounge going forward) - it is way off. First of all, there are more than 300 flying lumos, most come with guests and then there are hundreds of VIP like cards also giving access to this lounge and its perks. I think all Finnish MPs, high ranking politicians, officials, etc. have it. It was mentioned somewhere one ministry received 14 VIP/lumo cards alone. Plus there are at least 30-50 previous/retired Finnair high ranking employees and their family members, plus their guests, so this a la carte chef will get very busy indeed. Not to mention other high ranking oneworld top officials with their credentials, although most of them never get to HEL.
okay? What more?
I am just a lowly hillybilly from back behind Kajaani but nowadays a veri VIP persön. When can I find my card in the posti (which does sadly not exist nor work anymore)?
esledo likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2019, 12:40 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash

okay? What more?
I am just a lowly hillybilly from back behind Kajaani but nowadays a veri VIP persön. When can I find my card in the posti (which does sadly not exist nor work anymore)?
Oh, don't worry. No meals for you, they're only for Lumo+ customers and only on Tuesday mornings and Friday evenings. However, in March, all pax travelling on J tickets booked in D inventory will receive mämmi served to the table.

[Redacted by moderator]
r2d2 and esledo like this.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 25, 2019 at 1:37 pm Reason: Conform to rule 12
Old Jan 27, 2019, 1:07 am

Programs: BONVOY Lifetime Platinum , Ay Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Not quite. From AA on Flagship Check-in- https://www.aa.com/i18n/plan-travel/...t-check-in.jsp

Access
Qualifying First class

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on American in Flagship® First on a qualifying international or transcontinental flight.

Qualifying AAdvantage® Executive Platinum

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on qualifying international flights operated by American (regardless of cabin).

ConciergeKeySM

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).

oneworld® EmeraldSM

You can use Flagship® First Check-In if you’re flying on any flight operated by American (regardless of cabin).*

Five Star ServiceSM customers

Get access when Five Star ServiceSM is purchased.

indeed. Just had the pleasure to use both flagship first check in and flagship lounge in MIA as OWE. So no restrictionson AA as far as i know. Btw, New MIA flagship lounge were great.

Last edited by Kelju; Jan 27, 2019 at 1:08 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
For clarity, I’m arriving on an AY flight from LHR going on to DEL. The non-Schengen Lounge situation sounds grim. If I pass through passport control and customs on arrival at HEL can I then enter the Schengen area of the airport with a DEL boarding pass and just before the DEL flight move to the non-Schengen area? I had thought about booking the Hilton but for 5 hours it doesn’t seem worth it. I’ve the necessary shiny card to get into the lounges.

I also have a Priority Pass Card. Does this offer better options?

Any advice gratefully received!
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:23 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yes, you can enter the Schengen lounge.

If you don't use the automated passport control gates and the officer wants to know why you want to enter Finland, you can eg. tell him you're going to Jumbo (shopping centre with spa etc close to the airport) to pass the time as you have a longish five-hour layover.

After passport control, make sure to follow the signs carefully so you don't end up in Arrivals Hall 2B (after which you'd need to go through security to re-enter Airside). There's a passage (with customs) right after passport control that takes you directly to the Schengen Airside.

However, with PP, you may use the non-Schengen Almost@Home lounge.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 4:50 pm

Programs: Onetime bmi * Gold lifetime membership, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Starwood Gold
Thanks. Much appreciated.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:33 am

Updated info:

FINNAIR PLATINUM WING (OPENS ON 26 MARCH)

Facilities and services
  • Seats for 155 guests
  • Different spaces for working, relaxing and dining
  • Private phone booth
  • Living room area for even more comfortable lounging
  • Private shower suites and a Finnish sauna
  • Bar area
  • Printing facilities
  • Free internet access
  • Newspapers and magazines available
Food and drinks offering
  • Hot breakfast from 5.30 a.m. to 10.30 a.m.
  • A high-quality food selection: à la carte dining, salad bar, desserts and snacks from 10.30 a.m. to 12 midnight
  • Upgraded beverage selection
  • Barista coffee, tea
Access
  • Available exclusively for Finnair Plus Platinum Lumo members (+ four guests) and Platinum members (+ one guest), and oneworld Emerald members (+ one guest), when the departure flight leaves from the non-Schengen area and is operated and marketed by a oneworld airline. Finnair Platinum Wing is available also for Finnair Plus Gold members (+ one guest) until the renovation in the Finnair Business Lounge is completed in June 2019. Access may be limited during peak hours.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
I do not have this in mind, but will this bring less traffic into the lounge? Need to take care that my next flight out of HEL is on/after Marsch 26th

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.