Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2018, 10:01 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
The chief purser on my flight today, told me that the Premium Lounge renevation is now expected to be completed earlier than what was announced. She said early 2019.
Hm. I was there yesterdayand they talked about Feb stil
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:07 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
To add, I also asked the receptionist if the lounge will be extended to the new wing, but she said no the lounge will be the same but accomodate more people. ?????
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:16 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by FFlash
To add, I also asked the receptionist if the lounge will be extended to the new wing, but she said no the lounge will be the same but accomodate more people. ?????
Haha, what a lovely solution!
florens, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
You can already see the lounge extension next to the lounge.
Old Nov 16, 2018, 11:33 pm
R2

This sounds a bit like when AY added more seats (rows) on the A320 fleet a few years ago. A reporter asked AY PR rep to confirm that this means less leg space for passengers, right? The reply from AY was 'no it doesn't, we're only adding more seats we're not reducing the leg space'.
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by florens
Codeshares are irrelevant for lounge access. The operating carrier is relevant for lounge access.
Originally Posted by Post Scriptum
Many pax were diverted away from BA and JAL tix.
Anyone know if the above is the rule used by AY to determine access to the lounge (while renovation is going on)? My upcoming connecting flight to LHR is AY marketed BA operated flight and I wonder if this means AY will turn me away since the flight is operated by BA?
Old Nov 19, 2018, 5:41 pm

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by PlatinumScum
I have a 15 hour layover (flying JFK-HEL-SIN). I had already booked a day room at the Glo Hotel, and I'm now wondering if I can get Finnair to compensate me for the room (with associated shower).
You can always re-route your flight via LHR. This way, you only need to spend 55 min transit time in HELL (with 5 hour-ish transit at LHR T3 QF and/or CX lounge as AA/BA flight leaves JFK late in the evening instead of afternoon like AY). I re-routed my flight via LHR both ways after reading this thread.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 2:21 am

Browsing through LinkedIn job postings it seems that Fazer is looking for an "a la carte chef" for Finnair lounge. I hope that they will introduce real a la carte dining in the Premium lounge, not just the two dishes that were previously available.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 3:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Originally Posted by lkrt
Browsing through LinkedIn job postings it seems that Fazer is looking for an "a la carte chef" for Finnair lounge. I hope that they will introduce real a la carte dining in the Premium lounge, not just the two dishes that were previously available.
At the event last winter where ideas for the new lounge was presented, an a la carte restaurant was definitely in the plans. Seems it might become reality as well.
Ed Size and florens like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:02 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
That sounds exciting!
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by niksal

At the event last winter where ideas for the new lounge was presented, an a la carte restaurant was definitely in the plans. Seems it might become reality as well.
This would be awesome.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:19 am
R2

Let's be realistic; they can only make it work by either restricting access to the Premium lounge further or by significantly increasing the staff numbers. My money would be on the former.

But I don't think we're going to see a real a la carte restaurant (like BA Concorde rooms, CX First lounges or QR's Al Safwa lounge). AY just isn't in the same league.
intuition and esledo like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:37 am

They are also doubling Premium lounge capacity so I don’t think they are planning to restrict access much further. Probably they should get rid of non-AY Sapphires, never understood why they should have access to anything besides the business class lounge.
ffay005, SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by R2
Let's be realistic; they can only make it work by either restricting access to the Premium lounge further or by significantly increasing the staff numbers. My money would be on the former.
Sounds great to me if it happens, restriction to AY Plats traveling in AY J class.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 6:07 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Talking

Originally Posted by Ed Size
Sounds great to me if it happens, restriction to AY Plats traveling in AY J class.
No, just for LUMOs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.