Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HEL Premium Lounge [now closed]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31, 2019, 4:42 am

Programs: AY+ Gold (OWS)
Originally Posted by AY005
when the departure flight leaves from the non-Schengen area and is operated and marketed by a oneworld airline.
Wouldn't operated and marketed mean that pax on an AY-coded flight on SU are not eligible to use the lounge? Or has it already been the case that flights operated by SU don't give lounge access to Finnair lounges?

Also, it looks like they don't want incoming non-Schengen pax to use the Platinum lounge.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by deissi
Also, it looks like they don't want incoming non-Schengen pax to use the Platinum lounge.
They never wanted to have them there. But they let them in - maybe they leave it that way.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:20 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Welcome to FT, AY005!
Your handle is very similar to someone already active, so I initially thought you were someone else!

If the numbers on ay.com are correct, the lounge has been extended as follows
400 sqm -> 900 sqm
122 seats -> 155 seats
ie much more space per seat. That is a welcome design move.

Also, reading ay.com showers and sauna will not open on 26th.
florens and lkrt like this.

Last edited by intuition; Jan 31, 2019 at 5:35 am Reason: Apparently crossed eye when I "looked" some of those numbers up
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:25 am

Just got an email from AY, the kitchen will open on 5 March and hot food offerings will return. According to the message I got, showers (don't know about the sauna) will open on the 26th.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Wouldn't operated and marketed mean that pax on an AY-coded flight on SU are not eligible to use the lounge? Or has it already been the case that flights operated by SU don't give lounge access to Finnair lounges?
And would the Lumo perk of being able to use the Finnair lounge regardless of the airline override this?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:30 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Need to book something for late March. I wonder what the "upgraded beverage selection" will behold...
florens likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
And would the Lumo perk of being able to use the Finnair lounge regardless of the airline override this?
Lumo can enter with any boarding pass. Norwegian, TUI, Turkish...you name it.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
man, my closest LH is 3 days before 26th. Need to book some for late March.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:27 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Hah, I'm flying to LHR on the morning of 27MAR19. Talk about perfect timing!
florens, SPBanker and on22cz like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G

At least in the past I've been able to use Premium lounge as Plat with SU flight bought with AY code. However, for some reason the BP doesn't state "sold as AYxxxx" as it does with other codeshares (at least in the pass this was the case) so the agent needs to look up the ticket in their system so takes couple of mins.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 6:44 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Would the normal Finnair family-access also apply to Platinum Wing?
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:12 am

Oh..I'm a low-Gold and I'm welcom to the Platinum Wing as long the the business lounge is under renovation. Have to book som tickets now. Later on it is too late. :-) Plat is not in reach for me.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Got the email today, too. My last day of Platsku But I consider myself lucky as I will have access to Plat Wing as Gold until June, and in May, I should be Plat again ^
I have to say the email sounds very impressive. To the extent that I might even consider arriving earlier at HEL if I have an afternoon / evening departure. Of course we don't know yet what the service and food will be like, but it sounds like they're really trying ^^
NoWindowSeat and SPBanker like this.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 11:10 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Happy to see that they will make a clear separation (after everything is ready) between Emeralds and Sapphires, more OW style. The old ”access outside rush hours” was not very good/clear policy. 👍

Is it what, 16-17 years since we last had Plat -only lounge at HEL?? (or was that also ticketed LH J..cannot remember exactly as it was time when AY LH flights were not very many per day.. 😁 )

Last edited by NoWindowSeat; Jan 31, 2019 at 11:16 am
Old Feb 4, 2019, 2:46 pm

The picture is from facebook. AY representative wrote that the picture is from the Business class lounge but I suspect it is the premium lounge.
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.