Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair/AY award/redemption booking/ticket thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 6:50 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Any tips how to book J award to TYO without hefty cost? Trying spring. AY availability zero, there are some availability with JL, but taxes and fees are over 800euro (!).
Or is this just one of the common mission impossible cases. And is it so, that if you want any other OW carrier than AY, you mostly need to call in?
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:53 am

Programs: AY
Originally Posted by sakari1707
Any tips how to book J award to TYO without hefty cost? Trying spring. AY availability zero, there are some availability with JL, but taxes and fees are over 800euro (!).
Or is this just one of the common mission impossible cases. And is it so, that if you want any other OW carrier than AY, you mostly need to call in?
Edit, oops J award, no I couldn't find any either. Just that in Nov Y award is wide open. Maybe could try buy Y award and then (possibly) upgrade
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:37 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
Originally Posted by cantongirl
Edit, oops J award, no I couldn't find any either. Just that in Nov Y award is wide open. Maybe could try buy Y award and then (possibly) upgrade
Thanks. Yes Y is available, but even the thought of 13-14hrs in Y gives me cramps. And upgrading is far too risky.
Old Oct 7, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
I've waitlisted a business award booking for BUD-HEL-BUD. When can one expect an "answer" for it? With upgrades we know that there are the "milestone" days, where the computer does checks. Does this exist for the award waitlist as well? Afterall, it is from the same fare bucket... And if so, are they the same days as with the upgrade?
As a datapoint, I've waitlisted the above BUD-HEL-BUD J award at T-18 days. It cleared at T-15. So either AY has spontaneously released more u availability for the BUD-HEL segment, or they do a totally different process for the follow-up of award waitlists than what they do for upgrade waitlists.
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:38 am

Newbie question 😅
Is it that J award tix doesn't include seat selection?
Old Oct 15, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
Newbie question 😅
It should. 99 percent sure...
Old Oct 15, 2022, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
Thanks! I thought so. But I couldn't do that on my booking on the app. Maybe it's worthy to make a call then.
Old Oct 16, 2022, 8:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), HHonors Gold
Is it possible to book OJ flights for an award return? I'd like to book something like HEL-LAX/SIN-HEL using 241 for the basis of a simple but cost-efficient RTW trip.

I don't suppose RTW awards exist anymore?
Old Oct 16, 2022, 9:26 am

Any insight into when AY releases award space in Y to OneWorld - specifically AA? I'd like to book an award ticket in Y ORD > HEL on Oct 19. From what I can tell via expertflyer, the Y cabin is wide open. There are plenty of award seats available for today (Oct 16) and tomorrow (Oct 17) but nothing for Oct 19. Does AY tend to release extra inventory 48 hours before departure? Thanks!
Old Oct 16, 2022, 11:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Availability can change. Currently there is only PE available as AY+ award on your desired date.

But I wouldn‘t put my hopes too high.

And as a repeating note: how can you see from expertflyer that Y is wide open when seat reservation is not complimentary for most passengers?
Old Oct 19, 2022, 8:54 pm
a_k

Programs: AY+ Plat
Originally Posted by a_k
LAX-HEL a month from now... No U availability but what chances a waitlist might clear?
Upgrade cleared about 4 days prior to flight
work2fly, ffay005 and cantongirl like this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 10:18 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Sorry, wrong thread.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:32 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Newbie question 😅
Originally Posted by Besstrashny Boug
I can 100% confirm it does.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
I can 100% confirm it does.
yea it tured out to be APP IT issue. I found the seat selection option only on web page.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 12:42 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo; HH Diamond
yea it tured out to be APP IT issue. I found the seat selection option only on web page.
the app officially sucks, pardon my slang...
cantongirl likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.