Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Value of Platinum? [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:45 am

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
When you requalify you get them at the beginning of the next tracking period. When you qualify the first time, you get them immediately (and new ones at the start of the next tracking period).
Clydez likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards
Originally Posted by niksal
When you requalify you get them at the beginning of the next tracking period. When you qualify the first time, you get them immediately (and new ones at the start of the next tracking period).
I haven't received the vouchers either, even though my new tracking period started in the beginning of this month. Some IT problem perhaps.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 11:49 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Someone I know turned gold mid-june. One month later, still no vouchers in the account. CS said "we can see your vouchers, so you can call if you want to use them".
Now vouchers have appeared on the membership page, but I'd say it could take 1,5 month before vouchers are deposited. No idea if it is new policy or if it was temporary IT gremlins.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
Someone I know turned gold mid-june. One month later, still no vouchers in the account. CS said "we can see your vouchers, so you can call if you want to use them".
Now vouchers have appeared on the membership page, but I'd say it could take 1,5 month before vouchers are deposited. No idea if it is new policy or if it was temporary IT gremlins.
Must be IT gremlins, I got my vouchers on time this month as new tracking period started. I’m gold as well
Old Aug 11, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: AY LUMO
I have a different amount of vouchers in app than on Website.

And transactions do not update in app but website shows it right.

Last update of app was a disaster.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
And transactions do not update in app but website shows it right.
New transactions appear at the end of the list for me (Android app). I need to select "Load more" to see them.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:07 am

What is value of Platinum if you re-qualify to Platinum well before your tracking period ends? How many upgrade vouchers you will get in total and when you get your vouchers (immediately when re-qualify or after tracking period ends)? I assume in this case you won't get double Platinum vouchers as you get when you qualify to Platinum first time? Naturally you will reach Gold before Platinum, do you get that one voucher immediately when reach 80 000 points?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:21 am
R2

Originally Posted by Megaflyer18
What is value of Platinum if you re-qualify to Platinum well before your tracking period ends? How many upgrade vouchers you will get in total and when you get your vouchers (immediately when re-qualify or after tracking period ends)? I assume in this case you won't get double Platinum vouchers as you get when you qualify to Platinum first time? Naturally you will reach Gold before Platinum, do you get that one voucher immediately when reach 80 000 points?
You only get a new set of vouchers when your new tracking period starts. The value of 'over-achieving' tier points comes from what AY calls milestone gifts. These are awarded as follows:
200k tier points = 40k bonus award points
300k tier points = 60k bonus award points
400k tier points = 100k bonus award points

And then there is of course Lumo at 450k tier points.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:36 am

Originally Posted by R2
You only get a new set of vouchers when your new tracking period starts. The value of 'over-achieving' tier points comes from what AY calls milestone gifts. These are awarded as follows:
200k tier points = 40k bonus award points
300k tier points = 60k bonus award points
400k tier points = 100k bonus award points

And then there is of course Lumo at 450k tier points.
So 2 LH + 4 SH, right? How about 4 SH vouchers of reaching Gold, are they credited at all or also when new tracking period starts?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 2:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by Megaflyer18
So 2 LH + 4 SH, right? How about 4 SH vouchers of reaching Gold, are they credited at all or also when new tracking period starts?
You get the 4 gold vouchers when you build your status for the first time only. When you renew you only get the vouchers from the higher tier. Yes, this sucks but it’s how it is.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Trav1970
You get the 4 gold vouchers when you build your status for the first time only. When you renew you only get the vouchers from the higher tier. Yes, this sucks but it’s how it is.
That "issue" could be resolved if vouchers would be handed out only but always when you cross the qualification thresholds. Not sure if people would be really happy about it though,
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:18 am

Programs: AY+ Plat and several other cards

What??? Wait a moment! At least in the past new vouchers have always been issued when new tracking period has started even if the status hasn't been changed. Has there been a change to that recently?
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
... Yes, this sucks but it’s how it is.
So, as a lumo, you are disappointed with the 4 LH and 8 SH vouchers you do get and would like to have the 2LH+4SH from plat level and the 4SH from gold level aswell, totalling 6 LH vouchers and 16 SH vouchers yearly, for life not to suck?
Personally, I'd like 150 SH vouchers yearly so my Lumo run wont suck
ffay005, cistavoda and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 6:26 am
Moderator, Finnair

Originally Posted by Purjelentaja
What??? Wait a moment! At least in the past new vouchers have always been issued when new tracking period has started even if the status hasn't been changed. Has there been a change to that recently?
No. You will get the normal amount of vouchers for membership renewal at tracking period end as always. What they are talking about is if someone who already is a platinum member will get gold vouchers when they pass 80k tier points on the way to plat renewal. Which they naturally won't.
Old Aug 12, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo+LTG, FI Gold, DL Silver, BA, SK, AX Plat, Priority Pass, Marriott Ambassador & others
Originally Posted by intuition
So, as a lumo, you are disappointed with the 4 LH and 8 SH vouchers you do get and would like to have the 2LH+4SH from plat level and the 4SH from gold level aswell, totalling 6 LH vouchers and 16 SH vouchers yearly, for life not to suck?
Personally, I'd like 150 SH vouchers yearly so my Lumo run wont suck
You are missing the point. Lets say a new guy joins AY+ today. He flies 450k points during the year and earns Lumo. He gets 4 SH vouchers when becoming gold, then another 4 SH and 2 LH upon becoming platinum, and yet another 8 SH and 4 LH upon becoming Limo. He also gets 1 gold card giveaway at plat and two more at Limo, totalling 12 more SH vouchers. Adding up this is 16 + 12 SH and 6 LH. Then he gets Lumo vouchers for year 2 so 8 SH and 4 LH with 2 additional gold card gifts (+8 SH). So in total 24 + 20 SH and 10 LH for collecting 450k.

Someone who already is at the level collects the same 450k. He gets 8 Sh, 2 gold card gifts with 8 SH and 4 LH.

My point is not which amount is right. It’s about comparing the totals. One could argue that someone renewing his status over and over again would be a better customer than someone who gets status once. Why is the rewarding different?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.