Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Congrats LGG!

Nice answer ”it was easy” I hope Finnish sportsmen took every challenge like you instead of ”let’s see how far it goes” and finally comment it was easy
OH-LGG and remymartin like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Need posting booster!

royng, FFlash, napapiiri and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
A couple of more experiences:

VAA-HEL Norra ATR - No special recognition at boarding or before departure, but was proactively offered a snack with my champagne during the BOB service. Although being seated in the back it took a short while since the crew insisted on starting the cart run from the front. Still no big deal as there were around 30 pax and it was all very quick. No BMW in Vantaa

KUO-HEL Norra ATR - Now if the previous flight didn't have any special recognition this one was the complete opposite. Recognised the purser from an earlier flight (and she me!) and we clicked right away. Was offered a drink and snack before the actual cart run (sitting on the last row - and the crew did the right thing and served the PLT in front of me the GLD across the aisle before moving the cart to the front of the cabin). While taxiing to our parking position at HEL I saw a black car parked alongside the Finavia bus so knew I was in for a ride. The purser got a call from the cockpit about it and she informed me - in fact I managed to surprise the driver as she was still sitting in the car and was a bit shocked when I hopped in - she didn't have any time to come out (and tote a sign I suppose?). Very nice ride and a very nice chat with the driver too - this was pretty close to a perfect ATR flight in my books!

On a related note: on both occasions got bussed/bmw'd to Arrivals 2B - never had that on a Norra domestic arrival before. Something new?

Oh and got my Tumi. Leaving for another week on the road tonight so it'll be trial by fire for the Lumobag.

PS. Congrats to -LGG. Welcome to the club!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn

PS. Congrats to -LGG. Welcome to the club!
Thank You.
First contact as a Lumo was with CS chat and I asked to put me on LHR waitlist by voucher. Chat box wasnt even closed until upgraded ticket was in my mailbox.
ffay005, Steve_Hun and manywhere like this.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Oh and got my Tumi. Leaving for another week on the road tonight so it'll be trial by fire for the Lumobag.
How long did it take from order to receipt?
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
How long did it take from order to receipt?
That was over 3 weeks in total.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:25 am

Again upgrades were done nicely.
I wanted to Upgrade one EU and one long haul. Tool and personal upgrade site both showed zero available for these flights.

Chat CS confirmed upgrades immediately and wrote: "yes we have free seats for upgrades on both flights you wanted".
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:16 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
A black Bimmer took off quickly this morning from behind of the KUO-HEL 06-07 ATR this morning. Who got that ride?

OT: Bus takes now to better location around gate 30 (+). Premium lounge again congested (-) and larders raided almost empty (-). AY 1331 A359 LWK first delayed by 30 mins, boarding was completed, and finally took off 2 hours late (-). Full throttle enroute up to 1080 km/h (+), and reached the destination only 1.5 hours delayed (-). No congestion in the immigration (+). A very well balanced morning. /OT

Last edited by TTL; Jun 25, 2018 at 10:24 am
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
A black Bimmer took off quickly this morning from behind of the KUO-HEL 06-07 ATR this morning. Who got that ride?
Wasn't me! I flew HEL-KUO on AY365 today. Sadly got a jetway for the E190 so no chance for a BMW ride. I actually don't believe I wrote that considering I hate Vantaa bus boardings...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Let's update a few experiences:

HEL-ATH in Y: No special Lumo recognition apart from being offered a snack with my drink. Seat blocking didn't work.
LHR-HEL in J: No welcome speech, but the crew definitely knew who I was judging from the way they reacted to my presence. Interestingly the younger FA working in J appeared to even be a bit afraid of me :-o. Got all three seats for myself, but so did at least one other passenger. Caught a cheeky look at the Duty free cart's payment terminal - quite a few Golds on this flight but didn't see a single Plat. My Lumo showed up as expected.
HEL-KUO Norra: No special Lumo recognition whatsoever. E190 so no free drink either.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Caught a cheeky look at the Duty free cart's payment terminal - quite a few Golds on this flight but didn't see a single Plat. My Lumo showed up as expected.
Plat shows up as black, but what's the colour for Lumo?
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:43 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Is it possible to get the ride to an ATR as well? That would be convenient to avoid the crowds and to get the roller to the bin.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:18 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by ffay005
Plat shows up as black, but what's the colour for Lumo?
Black with a star on it.
FlyingFinn, ffay005 and manywhere like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
Is it possible to get the ride to an ATR as well? That would be convenient to avoid the crowds and to get the roller to the bin.
Well I'd assume so - that's where the majority of my bus boardings come from anyway...
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:04 am

Today, 16 days after I qualified, AY confimed I'm AY Lumo by welcoming e-mail and send a link to order Tumi.

So, this season was successful. Non-amateurish MileageRunner of course would fly that missing 248178 points but I'm grounded now for July.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.