Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:49 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
If so, then I really do wonder what they have on me, as they
a) never chat with me or even recognize me as a tier member or repeat customer in anyway
b) go above and beyond to seat someone in the "blocked seat" next to me
c) either think I speak Finnish or that I am death-mute so no need for speaking
d) have no clue to what paper I'd like to read

So I guess when they click my seat-icon they see "Grumpy deaf-mute who buys revenue J tickets anyway so we don't even have to try?"

But seriously, I wonder if they really collect anything special. I do know that CS and others has a display of some key facts from your membership, like how many years you have had your status. And probalby some transactional summaries like "last flight" et.c.

But other personal data? I do wonder. In fact, I promoted an idea a few years ago that they should use "preferred language of communication". It could be very useful both in CS and onboard. And everyone said "oh no, then can't/won't do that".

For instance, they could have HBL ready for me as that is the only paper I ever read onboard. But it usually is a fight to get it. First they offer a Finnish gossip-rag, then I ask for HBL, (sometimes need to phrase it in my very poor Finnish ), then they say "we don't have it". Then they go and look for it and find 20 copies untouched in an overhead.

If they really store useful stuff on people's profiles, this would be the first thing to fix. It would be enormously more useful than "I think I saw your face on another flight".
Hahaha! Intuition, THIS was ”revenue grumpy deaf unmuted” indeed!
Old Jan 28, 2019, 2:50 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by intuition
If so, then I really do wonder what they have on me, as they
a) never chat with me or even recognize me as a tier member or repeat customer in anyway
b) go above and beyond to seat someone in the "blocked seat" next to me
c) either think I speak Finnish or that I am death-mute so no need for speaking
d) have no clue to what paper I'd like to read

So I guess when they click my seat-icon they see "Grumpy deaf-mute who buys revenue J tickets anyway so we don't even have to try?"

But seriously, I wonder if they really collect anything special. I do know that CS and others has a display of some key facts from your membership, like how many years you have had your status. And probalby some transactional summaries like "last flight" et.c.

But other personal data? I do wonder. In fact, I promoted an idea a few years ago that they should use "preferred language of communication". It could be very useful both in CS and onboard. And everyone said "oh no, then can't/won't do that".

For instance, they could have HBL ready for me as that is the only paper I ever read onboard. But it usually is a fight to get it. First they offer a Finnish gossip-rag, then I ask for HBL, (sometimes need to phrase it in my very poor Finnish ), then they say "we don't have it". Then they go and look for it and find 20 copies untouched in an overhead.

If they really store useful stuff on people's profiles, this would be the first thing to fix. It would be enormously more useful than "I think I saw your face on another flight".
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
Not sure about that. I have been only recognized by fa's that I recognized as well, no special tricks or knowledge from anyone, yet. I am always approached in Finnish first, that alone is proof for me, that they don't even see the most basic info about me.
I am sure some FAs try to guess the newspaper of choice and language to use from the name. For me it's been a well balanced mix of offerings. If they don't want to store data based on passenger in-flight orders, they can easily (?) put this option into everyone's profile. Then it's our choice to mark what we want them to know. I think it would really be nice to have the usual newspaper walk more like "Hello, welcome on board, would you like this HBL or do you want me to bring you something else today? ...Have a nice flight."
Same could apply for SkyBistro - it's not that many items, so why not to have a roll-up option - "Thank you for your loyalty. Can I serve you your favourite champagne, or is it to be a different drink today? ...Enjoy ".
Purjelentaja likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:11 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
I've been wondering, if they do keep profiles, would mine say something like "likes to drink a lot". Then again, I guess that profile would fit most posters here.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:12 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
It’s a thin line between being courteous or disrespectful when using data:

”I’m sorry I can’t serve you your favourite, vodka, today as this is a domestic flight and it’s not even nine o’clock!”
SPBanker, Furry, loimu and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:19 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by r2d2
Or he just looked it from your FF profile.
Why would crew scroll my flight history (if even can see it) and hundred of flights back to NOV 2016? I guess they have better things to do prior and preparing for flights.
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 4:56 am
R2

People who read the HBL can consider themselves lucky as AY now has the Nordic wifi portal HBL currently seems to be the only newspaper available in printed copies onboard LH flights
Old Jan 28, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by on22cz
I am sure some FAs try to guess the newspaper of choice and language to use from the name.
They do and they suck at it.

My real name looks and sounds as French as one could, and yet, the FA never gets it right, or does not trust their intuition or whatever. I understand that they offer F.T. in addition to Les Échos at CDG. But why would I want De Standaard rather than Le Soir

Lets see. I am supposed to fly AY1543 later this week. If it does not get cancelled, as it so often does
remymartin likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Yeah, I'm very often greeted in English, and sometimes offered the FT. They definitely haven't looked at any language preference info beforehand, if it's available to them.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
I once sent AY feedback that they could show the preferred language of AY+ members on the POS device so the cabin crew wouldn't have to guess (or create a separate map on paper for the languages, as they sometimes do in LH J).

I don't know how difficult it is for the cabin crew to find out details from your AY+ profile, but obviously they don't do that for us mortals. I just guessed they might for Lumos Anyhow, the AY senior managers working with analytics are bragging about how sophisticated systems they have created. Well, in the future we will probably see a lot of development on that front.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:03 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Anyhow, the AY senior managers working with analytics are bragging about how sophisticated systems they have created. Well, in the future we will probably see a lot of development on that front.
Tech is one thing, getting it implemented in the front line another.

I actually feel a bit worried if what you've been told is true. I've been in companies where entire departments did this kind of navel-studies, sitting in the HQ "bunker" far away from the real world, spending time and a lot of money inventing fantastic systems that would never fly. (pun not intended!)

I heard a lot of this already 1,5 years ago at a meeting in HOTT, so one wonders when that future will come...
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, OZ Diamond, LH Silver
I once sent AY feedback that they could show the preferred language of AY+ members on the POS device so the cabin crew wouldn't have to guess (or create a separate map on paper for the languages, as they sometimes do in LH J).
That is a great idea! Imagine something like a little flag on each AY+ member's icon on the POS device so cabin crew can easily see each member's preferred language without any additional clicks or checks. I can't see how that would be impossible to implement but it would surely make for an added touch in service.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 3:46 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
The difficulty may lie with staff, not technology. If implemented, it should be a consistent experience. Some staff have multiple flag emblems on their uniform, but they are only comfortable in their mother tounge. They will likely ignore any technolgy and keep business as usual.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:12 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium

I don't know how difficult it is for the cabin crew to find out details from your AY+ profile, but obviously they don't do that for us mortals. I just guessed they might for Lumos Anyhow, the AY senior managers working with analytics are bragging about how sophisticated systems they have created. Well, in the future we will probably see a lot of development on that front.
I don't even know if there is such a thing in the AY+ profile, at least a consistent one. I get correspondence from AY in both Finnish and English, and it seems to be almost random what language I get.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 1:50 am

Programs: Drawer of Cards
I can confirm they don't have or look at the data/profile.

Im Chinese, fly FI-CN/SG like every two months, and sometimes I want to purchase stuff (inbound to Hel) but their are in pre-order not onboard, the cabin crew has told me 5+ times maybe you could pre order it the flight back to China/Asia?
Or when they greet me on the outbound from Hel," how was your trip in helsinki?" ( I was like ???? i live here!!)

And they definitely dont know i speak broken Finnish too.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 9:04 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
When flying to HEL, I often get asked where I am continuing to, or what I am transfering onto - because obviously I could not possibly be headed to HEL.

So I answer: Espoo or Kehärata respectively.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.