Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Seat block didn't work on the Norra Embraer from BUD in the exit row (though plenty of free seats elsewhere).

OTOH the BMW was waiting at the stairs ^ probably one of my last rides for a while - the 7 months spent in *A-land took a heavy toll on my OW flights, so just passed 200k with only 2 more months to go. Not a chance of renewing LUMO this time.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by on22cz
I've only received 2 op-ups and neither matched up, even with the seat number updated in the app. Red-beeped at gate in both cases.
In my experience, on operational upgrades, the upgraded passenger will get a seating issue red light even if the presented boarding pass is already updated. I suppose the computer wants some cross-checking.
on22cz likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Originally Posted by Courmisch
In my experience, on operational upgrades, the upgraded passenger will get a seating issue red light even if the presented boarding pass is already updated. I suppose the computer wants some cross-checking.
Hmm, that's weird. On the two op ups I've received so far (at TXL and this one at WAW) the seat changed to J in the app and the boarding pass worked just fine.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Just saw first time a Lumo entering bmw. He was not any of our idoits that I know so I tried to make my way to him to invite him to a FT meetup to learn the pervrt side or the group but his speed to swift into the black leatger back seat was so smooth I could not catch him
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Less than 2 months covered now and 30 flights done. Wow this is hard for the butt, let’s see if my butt can make 150 before getting ”pukamat”

how was that 150 legs bytheway, need all be AY or just oneworld?
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
minimum 100 AY, the rest can be OW earning flights
FFlash likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 8:23 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
+1 to the ranks. It is an honor to join you guys. Not likely to renew this anytime soon if ever, but gotta try it once.

And with 3 months left in the tracking period too. Now, what am I going to do with 8 SH and 6 LH upgrade vouchers that expire in 3 months?
ffay005, OH-LGG, vulle and 9 others like this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:33 am

Waiting for my first Lumo experience at ZRH now. The first thing I noticed is that my BP says the lounge invitation is for 5 people. I had thought that the 4 guests perk only applies in HEL, but does it actually apply everywhere with a AY flight? Even for long haul flights on the other side of the world?

It was also noticed by the lounge attendant (she was too nice for me to be able to call her dragon). Clearly she has handled enough AY lounge entries to be familiar with the usual pax, since she had a double take at the screen, BP, then screen again, and said "Lu... Mo?"

Let's see how the flight goes. It was fully sold out so no hope of getting an upgrade and my first Lumo flight will be in Y. That free sandwich is going to come in handy.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 10:45 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
Waiting for my first Lumo experience at ZRH now. The first thing I noticed is that my BP says the lounge invitation is for 5 people. I had thought that the 4 guests perk only applies in HEL, but does it actually apply everywhere with a AY flight? Even for long haul flights on the other side of the world?

It was also noticed by the lounge attendant (she was too nice for me to be able to call her dragon). Clearly she has handled enough AY lounge entries to be familiar with the usual pax, since she had a double take at the screen, BP, then screen again, and said "Lu... Mo?"

Let's see how the flight goes. It was fully sold out so no hope of getting an upgrade and my first Lumo flight will be in Y. That free sandwich is going to come in handy.
5B showing as free - and according to EF it is a full Y flight - 0 rows J.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by florens
5B showing as free - and according to EF it is a full Y flight - 0 rows J.
That's... Very interesting. It is also 1.5 hours late, seems like there is a huge backlog in ZRH now and nearly all flights are significantly late. I'm not next to 5B so I guess seatblocking is not a thing here. Also interesting about 0 rows J, usually there are always J pax connecting, either there are none now or they have received this part Y/part J ticket I have had before.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
That's... Very interesting. It is also 1.5 hours late, seems like there is a huge backlog in ZRH now and nearly all flights are significantly late. I'm not next to 5B so I guess seatblocking is not a thing here. Also interesting about 0 rows J, usually there are always J pax connecting, either there are none now or they have received this part Y/part J ticket I have had before.
OH-LZF has been doing HEL-CPH-HEL-RVN-HEL-ZRH-HEL today and picked up a delay in CPH.

I also wonder why EF shows 0 rows of Business Class. Either it is an error or indeed there is something going on.

Have a nice flight.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by florens
OH-LZF has been doing HEL-CPH-HEL-RVN-HEL-ZRH-HEL today and picked up a delay in CPH.

I also wonder why EF shows 0 rows of Business Class. Either it is an error or indeed there is something going on.

Have a nice flight.
What you wrote seems to be 100% correct. There is no J on this flight. And 5B is empty.
florens likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 5:51 pm

How appropriate. My first Lumo flight was also the worst. flight. ever. Late by over 2 hours, all Y flight, and none of us got our luggage. There was a huge line in HEL filled with passengers from earlier planes who were also told their luggage would not arrive and they should fill out forms.

Lumo line was no help, I hung up after 17 minutes of waiting.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:21 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
What was wrong with all Y flight?
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:54 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Forget the forms and go home. They will call you when they get your bag. That’s what I did once when there was some kind of strike and I would have needed to wait like an hour for my bag. Went home and straight to bed, and when I woke up, Finnair had called me to let me know my bag is at the airport. They even brought it home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.