Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lumo in da house!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 11:46 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by niksal
So which Lumo is on AY1306 right now? Overheard the FAs talking that there is a Lumo in row midteens somewhere, but the status doesn’t show in any systems. They seemed seriously concerned about the situation!
AMS-HEL is a codeshare with TP and if he/she has a codeshare ticket from TP stock the AY status is propably not shown onboard. Just quessing and never flown this codeshare but a conceivable scenario IMHO.
niksal likes this.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by FFlash
There is hundred of them and counting up what comes to OUL route. They have these ”air bridges” in other world between particular city pairs and soon we should rename the OUL route as ”Lumo bridge”
Lumo runs will make HEL-OUL beat SEL-CJU as the world most busy city-pair
Steve_Hun and Rifter like this.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 3:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I am not really targeting to reach Lumo, but got curious about one thing. I recently got rebooked from the direct HEL-ORD connection with Finnair to American Airlines via London (thanks to the famous incident at O'Hare a while ago). This means that I got a little more points from the de-tour compared to the direct flight. However, these points do not count for Lumo as my non-Finnair quota is already full. What would you do? Ask points according to the original booking (a little less points but they all count towards Lumo) or be happy with a little more points not counting towards Lumo. Is it even possible to ask that they give points according to the original booking if that reduces the number of points? Do points that are granted based on original Finnair booking in case of rebooking to non-Finnair flight even count for Lumo (for the Finnair proportion of that)?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
You may ask for ORC. If you have the possibility to reach Lumo and these points are decisive, then of course you should ask for ORC. If you won't reach Lumo, then I see no reason.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 12:32 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
If you booked this flight with Finnair, the points should be counted towards your 'points from Finnair flights' no matter what OW metal it actually was. All OW codeshare flights booked with Finnair are counted on the Finnair side of the Tier points, so it should be both, more points and counted for Lumo status.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyeBye
If you booked this flight with Finnair, the points should be counted towards your 'points from Finnair flights' no matter what OW metal it actually was. All OW codeshare flights booked with Finnair are counted on the Finnair side of the Tier points, so it should be both, more points and counted for Lumo status.
Thanks FlyeBye. Then there is no need to speculate.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, Marriott Platinum Elite
Another new Lumo here. Even after being a Plat for 7 years, this was not easy.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:34 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by OHLTT
Another new Lumo here. Even after being a Plat for 7 years, this was not easy.
Welcome to FT, new Lumo! Are you related to OH-LGG?
FFlash likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, Marriott Platinum Elite
Thanks. No relations to OH-LGG 😀 OH-LTT is the plane that I've flown most frequently - maybe 15 times this year and it was the one that I flew yesterday to complete my Lumo 😎
SPBanker and cistavoda like this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Welcome LTT nice handle! Oh-LOL!
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:14 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by cistavoda
Welcome to FT, new Lumo! Are you related to OH-LGG?
OH-LTT is just a younger, sleeker version
cistavoda likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by intuition
OH-LTT is just a younger, sleeker version
And more quiet with fewer emissions?
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Well, had a bunch of flights over the extended Independence Day weekend, including 4 Norra ATRs. Kinda annoyed by the total randomness of the BMW service - got it on both bus boardings at HEL (on the later I thought it didn't happen but then I noticed the BMW parked in front of the bus and the girl actually waiting *outside* for me...), but not on any of the three stand arrivals. According to the first driver they're currently training more drivers, so it looks like the perk is here to stay.

The highlight was WAW-HEL on Sunday, got an upgrade (BTW when using the AY app as your boarding pass you don't get the traditional beep at the gate reader as the seat in your QR code and your reservation always match up, unlike with traditional boarding passes - only noticed this as they were other op ups at the gate and I was paying attention to the scanner display at boarding) - I think they upgraded 3 pax to the two rows of J on the E90. Judging from the hassle at the gate they had originally upgraded me and one Plat but his wife was still in Y and he raised a bit of a kerfuffle at the gate which resulted in both of them getting upgraded. Anyway a very nice flight - the young steward was super courteous and friendly, almost to the point of awkwardness. Excellent food too.
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
The highlight was WAW-HEL on Sunday, got an upgrade (BTW when using the AY app as your boarding pass you don't get the traditional beep at the gate reader as the seat in your QR code and your reservation always match up, unlike with traditional boarding passes ...
I've only received 2 op-ups and neither matched up, even with the seat number updated in the app. Red-beeped at gate in both cases.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 4:10 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
The Apple Wallet BP doesn't update even if you delete it on Wallet and then import it again. The app's boarding pass on the other hand seems to always be up to date.
on22cz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.