Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2020, 1:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Maybe J passengers will be able to purchase a 'deluxe' meal in the future, no tray and more courses.

You know, ancillary revenue.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 2:54 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by intuition
And it seems clear that Finnair is on a very different path with new management. High price and low service sounds like a real winner. Yeah right.
You're starting to sound like our friend Bdsm
lkrt, FFlash, miamiflyer8 and 2 others like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 3:21 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
We have secret meetings where we slash management...

Well, second time I got that, I really need to stop posting :-o!
r2d2 and FFlash like this.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by intuition
We have secret meetings where we slash management...

Well, second time I got that, I really need to stop posting :-o!
Hahaha. I was the other troll I guess!

Dont stop posting! We need you here!
intuition and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: AY Platinum
As reported before, there seems to be an experiment on the HEL-JFK. As A-B we were served ice cold almonds, which wasn’t a great start. Thereafter the FA came over with the trolley announcing that they are doing an experiment this afternoon, which immediately raised my blood pressure. However, it turned out that the experiment was that everyone were served both starters, which is of course good news as they are typically the most interesting dishes onboard AY. Especially the salmon tartar & mushroom one was very good. No meal preferences were asked from anyone prior to serving.

I suppose someone will gather some feedback later during the flight.

Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:37 pm

Programs: AY Platinum
...and the second experimental meal prior to landing: Finnish tapas + fruit (no alternatives to choose from). Followed by the third meal I requested. The salmon salad is one of the main courses from the first serving since I was still hungry after the tapas.

Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:44 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
The double appetizer instead of an amuse bouche seems nice, but the first service actually becomes a bit heavy (and costly for AY) with a concept like this.

And the second meal seems very meagre. Not a meal, but a small snack.

My take on this: use the same amount of money, serve one appetizer with the first meal, and a more substantial second meal.
Old Feb 19, 2020, 3:52 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ffay005
And the second meal seems very meagre. Not a meal, but a small snack.
Always been very skimpy on AY5, AY9 is much more substantial with the second service even if it's only marginally longer.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Any idea when the new menus are published on Finnair web page? Current ones are valid only till March 3rd: https://www.finnair.com/us-en/nordic...ss-class-menus.
Old Feb 20, 2020, 5:00 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by timma1971
Any idea when the new menus are published on Finnair web page? Current ones are valid only till March 3rd: https://www.finnair.com/us-en/nordic...ss-class-menus.
Usually IME a week before the change date, sometimes it's been a week or so after.
Old Feb 21, 2020, 2:36 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo, LX Senator, SK Life-time Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by loimu
As reported before, there seems to be an experiment on the HEL-JFK. As A-B we were served ice cold almonds, which wasn’t a great start. Thereafter the FA came over with the trolley announcing that they are doing an experiment this afternoon, which immediately raised my blood pressure. However, it turned out that the experiment was that everyone were served both starters, which is of course good news as they are typically the most interesting dishes onboard AY. Especially the salmon tartar & mushroom one was very good. No meal preferences were asked from anyone prior to serving.
I also got to try the new experimental service. I was first asked if I would like to have the lunch immediately or later at my preferred time. I was hungry so it become the usual lunch after take-off. I was asked for my preference of the main course, but as stated above, both starters were served by default. The bread selection had also been updated. They had freshly baked bread, which was tasty. On the other hand, the karelian pies (or rice pies?) had been removed. On the second serving, the cold mains were actively offered as an alternative to the tapas which is the only item on the menu. Overall, excellent service by the crew.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:36 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Currently onboard AY7 HEL-MIA, a daytime flight with announced flight time of 10h55m. Amuse bouche with cold almonds and a drink choice. Dinner choices for main asked from Plats same time. Afrer that a one tray service with starter and main, new ”fresh” bread offered, no choice for appetizer at all, only 1 option available.
After that another round for desserts, ice cream choices run out on row 3.

At least Nordic Blue is not (yet!) run out as this is ”viinaa menee niin paljon flight”

Only two flight attendants serving J cabin (no minicabin), 100% load factor in J.

They were handing out business cards with questionnaire to give feedback on new service concept. As a reward you will get -15% on your next pre order.
SPBanker and miamiflyer8 like this.
Old Feb 27, 2020, 8:51 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I hope you indeed give them feedback! I partly understand AY's motives, but having so many different on board concepts is terrible for brand recognition. Everyone on your flight will expect NRT to be as crappy.
Old Mar 1, 2020, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by timma1971
The new menus for 4th March - 2nd June are now on the websire
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The new menus for 4th March - 2nd June are now on the websire
Looks great! Pike, nettle and rhubarb: three definitely undervalued ingredients from the finnish nature.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.