Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 14, 2018, 1:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: intuition
Longhaul menus are supposed to be visible in MMB, but it is often broken. At the time of publishing, this link works.
Collection of current longhaul J menus (finnair.com)
Print Wikipost

Finnair Long Haul Business Class Food

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 4:35 am

Programs: AY Gold
Originally Posted by Ukki
I made a claim on the lack of preordered meal for AY5 on FEB 6. AY reply:
"5.2.- 3.3. New Yorkin, Miamin ja Los Angelesin reiteillä on käytössä erityismenu, koska ateriakonseptia ollaan päivittämässä. Tämän vuoksi Chef's Gourmet -ateria ei ollut tarjolla."
I.e., special menu for NY, MIA and LA since they are updating their meal concept.
I did not notice much different, except that you were able to select more than one starters.
Ah, yes, the current menu’s start date is also 5 February and there seems to be a different amount of options than previously. So I guess the reason for not being able to preselect is purely to get all J passengers to participate in this study.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 9:25 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), TK Elite (*G), BT VIP, HH D, BW DS
AY101 Dinner offering currently being served like this. Amuse bouche or equivalent has been cut. All pax provided a water bottle upon boarding. No candies/chips set up on top of 1D/H, but available on request.

Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SuloL
AY101 Dinner offering currently being served like this. Amuse bouche or equivalent has been cut. All pax provided a water bottle upon boarding. No candies/chips set up on top of 1D/H, but available on request.

does not Look very appetising 🧐🧐🧐
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:56 pm
R2

Is that the grease & salt infused microwave meal that goes for €0,99 in my local supermarket at the back?

'The best and freshest ingredients from the Nordic nature'
Old Feb 10, 2020, 1:10 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by R2
Is that the grease & salt infused microwave meal that goes for €0,99 in my local supermarket at the back?

'The best and freshest ingredients from the Nordic nature'
That's it, they have just forgotten to pour it on the plate. Meine Güte!
Old Feb 10, 2020, 2:34 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

It looks like a cost-cutting diet.
Old Feb 10, 2020, 8:17 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Or a new ”pet meal” concept?
Old Feb 10, 2020, 9:47 am

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG

Coronavirus as excuse to serve the bare minimum?
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver

The J LH meal service has been enhanced to a one tray concept. This is from AY77 today. Marketing spin could be that:

“With this new concept you avoid burning your mouth as the main course can cool down while you are enjoying the appetizer.”

Come-on Finnair. This is not a proper way to serve a meal.
intuition and esledo like this.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 9:57 am

Programs: Amex Plat
It's Finnair flight, you can not expect to have first class meals, proper wine glasses or dare I say it, best service. Not an industry leader.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:20 am

When I get a cold and hot dish on the same tray I just eat the hot one first; it all goes the same way!

I am flying Finnair for the first time this weekend. LHR to HEL and then onto BKK. I am looking forward to the experience.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 11:34 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
The explanation by the CCM was that this change is on certain routes. Apparently this change is implemented on flights at least to Osaka and Seoul. For example NRT is unchanged.

It does not really make sense to reduce te service on some flights with same flight time and departure time as other flights.

The change has been implemented beginning of January 2020. At the same time the number of CC in J has been reduced 10->9.

To me a delay of 10% in serving the main course would not be significant and having the meal served properly would outweigh the slight delay.

I understand the benefit of a very fast service on midnight departures such as HKG an on short flights like DEL. But on other routes I do not think the reduction in the service is appropriate.

The J Service concept should be consistent, which is even a goal for Finnair.
ffay005, loimu and Steve_Hun like this.

Last edited by Aviating; Feb 12, 2020 at 11:40 am
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:04 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by Aviating
The explanation by the CCM was that this change is on certain routes. Apparently this change is implemented on flights at least to Osaka and Seoul. For example NRT is unchanged.

It does not really make sense to reduce te service on some flights with same flight time and departure time as other flights.
IMO, it does not make sense to have different service level on any longhaul flight, regardless of departure or flighttime. First, it hurts the entire brand if some flights are substandard. The idea is also flawed as a lot of passengers do not only fly to one single destination. So you'll get good service on TYO and crap on KIX, and no one is supposed to notice that?!

The change has been implemented beginning of January 2020. At the same time the number of CC in J has been reduced 10->9.
And there comes the reason. Cost reduction, hoping the best paying customers are not going to notice or care, Yikes.
And it seems clear that Finnair is on a very different path with new management. High price and low service sounds like a real winner. Yeah right.

... the number of CC in J has been reduced 10->9.

To me a delay of 10% in serving the main course would not be significant and having the meal served properly would outweigh the slight delay.
I beg to differ! Service is often very slow anyway, with the entire crew making "chores" the first hour after take-off. Reducing staffing will make matters worse. In the past sometimes there was problems getting food and no drinks, bread being served only when most pax are on the dessert or coffee offered during main course (instead of offer wine-refill). With less staff this will occur more often.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive

I understand the benefit of a very fast service on midnight departures such as HKG an on short flights like DEL. But on other routes I do not think the reduction in the service is appropriate.

The J Service concept should be consistent, which is even a goal for Finnair.
IME, the one-tray concept has been around with some crews, and haven't with others. It would be disappointing if it has become a rule, because there wasn't really any positive impact on service speed when the one-tray concept was applied. It's easier, not faster. And if it's supposed to be faster, I wish I had the pleasure to experience it for at least once.
Combining service flow with the right attitude of the cabin crew can make for a totally different J experience. Of course, they can also set up a buffet in a galley and just check on a portion size compliance.
Old Feb 12, 2020, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by on22cz
IME, the one-tray concept has been around with some crews, and haven't with others. It would be disappointing if it has become a rule, because there wasn't really any positive impact on service speed when the one-tray concept was applied. It's easier, not faster. And if it's supposed to be faster, I wish I had the pleasure to experience it for at least once.
Combining service flow with the right attitude of the cabin crew can make for a totally different J experience. Of course, they can also set up a buffet in a galley and just check on a portion size compliance.
This. So much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.