Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Unable to book seats on codeshare flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 15, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Keter
After Amadeus moved to a single PNR for code share flights there are issues in selecting seats for such flights unless a marketing airline paid to have access to the operating airline seatmap and show that in Amadeus.

This only applies when both airlines are in Amadeus, for example, the issue shall be in place for AY op by BA/ CX and vv.
The pair AY op by AA shall work fine as AA uses Sabre and you shall be OK to select seats via AA, however, you need to get a record locator for the AA operating booking first of course.

Amadeus has a very simple command to select seats when seat map is not available (or when there is no contract rather with Amadeus to store seatmaps). It is very simple and called 'seat wish'. Here is the documentation from Amadeus:

https://servicehub.amadeus.com/c/por...ke-a-seat-wish

The posts in this thread indicate that not all agents are trained to use this option. It shall normally be the marketing airline who you ask to make a seat wish.
Print Wikipost

Unable to book seats on codeshare flights

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by lkrt
I'm actually now able to choose seats for the AY-operated CX-marketed flight on CX website! It works!
And when you go back to the AY site, the seat assignment sticks?

Wonder if it's only CX, or other partners as well...
Old Oct 30, 2017, 2:21 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Yes! There was a trick though.

Two weeks ago the system had assigned me a seat, which was a window seat contrary to my preference. I called AY, and they removed that assignment and put a request for seat 11A. On MyFlights I could see that that request never became confirmed, however, when I went to the CX MMB I was able to see the seat map and switch to any other vacant seat. My seat choice then became confirmed right away.

I now called AY and told that this might work, so we could try with the other leg. There's now an unconfirmed seat request again, however it looks like CX MMB now just crashes when I try to manage that booking. I will check it again later.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 3:34 am

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt
I'm actually now able to choose seats for the AY-operated CX-marketed flight on CX website! It works!
^

Not working for AA marketed and AY operated. The BA operated segment is there and that's the only one that can be changed/assigned for my itinerary, via a redirect from the AA site to BA's. The AY flights just have -- there and no link offered to AY.

But apparently some progress somewhere!

What's bothering me now is their communication on this. Is it a policy change or a technical limitation?
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: AYPlat, BASilver, SQG
not really a codeshare question, but if anyone has a clue as how to make seat selection, please let me know:
booked an AY redemption C-class LISLHRHEL, where LISLHR BA code/metal and LHRHEL AY code/metal. Seats on AY ok, but unable to select seats for BA, and I know normally you would have to pay, but for BA Golds it's free... Question is, is it possible to add BA Exec number into an AY redemption booking.... (no status on AY), can AY add it over phone/chat?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:53 am

Well still no luck in getting a seat but the verbiage has changed at least on my booking, how showing this!

Now I haven't, no is there a way to request an upgrade, but I'll take it!

But still seriously annoying that this can't be done.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by petteriusa
Well still no luck in getting a seat but the verbiage has changed at least on my booking, how showing this!

Now I haven't, no is there a way to request an upgrade, but I'll take it!

But still seriously annoying that this can't be done.
So annoying, really...
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Makes me feel a little bit better it’s not just me having this problem.

Are Eco Comfort seats still available to OWEs FoC?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 5:34 am

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by jms_uk
Makes me feel a little bit better it’s not just me having this problem.

Are Eco Comfort seats still available to OWEs FoC?
Yes, free of charge to OWE, but you need to call/email/chat CS.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flight...lect-your-seat
Old Dec 1, 2017, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by ff_flyer
Yes, free of charge to OWE, but you need to call/email/chat CS.

https://www.finnair.com/fi/gb/flight...lect-your-seat
Thx!

All I got was
i'm not able to find any operating pnr so unfortunately we're not able to book the seats for you in advance at the moment
hese flights are marketed by american airlines but operated by finnair, so that is why i can not book the seats for this booking that you have and i'm not able to find any other booking number that would work at the moment
Old Dec 1, 2017, 11:08 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
This has been discussed here quite extensively. Have you tried the PNR on the Finnair site? Does it say not operable? Have you tried aa website using their record locator? If not feed that to Finnair agent
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by remymartin
This has been discussed here quite extensively. Have you tried the PNR on the Finnair site? Does it say not operable? Have you tried aa website using their record locator? If not feed that to Finnair agent
I have - get the same as @petteriusa in the post #65 . - "Unfortunately you cannot select a seat on this flight until your travel class upgrade is confirmed."

I understand from reading this thread that it has been discussed previously [my first post here is acknowledging that] - I was just reporting back on my experience.

I might try them them over the phone tomorrow.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Originally Posted by jms_uk
I have - get the same as @petteriusa in the post #65 . - "Unfortunately you cannot select a seat on this flight until your travel class upgrade is confirmed."

I understand from reading this thread that it has been discussed previously [my first post here is acknowledging that] - I was just reporting back on my experience.

I might try them them over the phone tomorrow.
I've had 3-4 AA/BA codeshare tickets earlier this year and all of which were resolved over the phone. Good luck ^
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:50 pm

Well, I've now checked in for my LHR-HEL flight (AA marketed, BA operated). 42A is the seat auto assigned. Doesn't seem like too bad a seat, but I was hoping for something more forward cabin. I went to the AY chat, tried to change it but they said they'd have to uncheck me in with no promise that they'd be able to assign a seat even after that. I decided to leave well enough alone. Oh well. I'll check again at LHR, flight seems wide open at this time in any case.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by petteriusa
Well, I've now checked in for my LHR-HEL flight (AA marketed, BA operated). 42A is the seat auto assigned. Doesn't seem like too bad a seat, but I was hoping for something more forward cabin. I went to the AY chat, tried to change it but they said they'd have to uncheck me in with no promise that they'd be able to assign a seat even after that. I decided to leave well enough alone. Oh well. I'll check again at LHR, flight seems wide open at this time in any case.
What plane would BA fly with 42 rows? Why would you contact AY when you've got an AA-marketed and BA-operated flight?
Old Dec 1, 2017, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by duvin
What plane would BA fly with 42 rows? Why would you contact AY when you've got an AA-marketed and BA-operated flight?
Maybe a typo? AA marketed, AY operated?

42A would be A359, I guess.

ETA: timings from his earlier screenshot match AY1332 [operated by A359 on Sunday].

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.