Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:01 pm

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by niksal
Where do you find this LOT fare?

Does the BA fare allow a stopover in London? It would actually make sense if yes, I need to go to London at some point as well.
It's on sale on LOT's website, but I found it on ITA (routing code "AY F+")
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
That was my first thought, too, but then I checked Wikipedia and it seems that S7 doesn’t fly to Ukraine at all.
It depends on what you mean with Ukraine, and with S7. GH flies to Crimea, DME-SIP and OVB-SIP. I wonder if those flights can be credited to partner airlines due to foreign sanctions against Russian annexation of Crimea.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
Ok, I found the LOT fare on their homepage (and my corporate OTA Egencia). It’s via TLL with AY on the TLL leg. Not too bad actually, that could work for me. Not an AY code between TLL and KBP, though but better than nothing!
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:04 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Is the Finnair Platinum free drink thingey also on Norra operated flights?
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:25 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Yes.
EuroFlash likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Yes, if they have drinks for sale.
EuroFlash likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
OTOH if you're not desperate for points, just take the direct MAU service to KBP. 500 points is just not worth it in my book to make convoluted itineraries.
niksal likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 2:51 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold, SK EBG
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OTOH if you're not desperate for points, just take the direct MAU service to KBP. 500 points is just not worth it in my book to make convoluted itineraries.
I agree that absolutely trying to get those 500 AY+ points is a crazy endeavour, but MAU is honestly not a carrier I would recommend in good faith to anyone, speaking as a frequent traveler to/from Ukraine.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Why are the last two rows in an ATR always marked as “exit row”? 🤔 there is no emergency exit door, nor extra leg space. But yet the ground staff does let me know I need to store all luggage in the overhead bins all the time. Also boarding gate bleeps when I try to board... notifying me and ground staff I’m on an “emergency exit row”
Old Apr 15, 2019, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by Superrman
I agree that absolutely trying to get those 500 AY+ points is a crazy endeavour, but MAU is honestly not a carrier I would recommend in good faith to anyone, speaking as a frequent traveler to/from Ukraine.
I flew exactly once with them, that KBP-HEL flight was uneventful. What's wrong with MAU?
Old Apr 15, 2019, 8:07 am

I flew exactly once with them, that KBP-HEL flight was uneventful. What's wrong with MAU?
No/weak concept of service (some might say "classic Ukraine/Soviet", I beg to digress here), questionable meals, high chance of ending up on 2-4-2 config 767 if flying long-haul, and abuse of business """connections""" (Google Ihor Kolomoisky) to keep competition out of Ukrainian airports. I'm sure you can find the odd cheapish ticket for HEL-KBP or HEL-KBP-somewhere else, but personally I don't fly the airline anymore.

Last edited by Superrman; Apr 15, 2019 at 9:30 am
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by Superrman
No/weak concept of service (some might say "classic Ukraine/Soviet", I beg to digress here), questionable meals, high chance of ending up on 3-4-3 config 767 if flying long-haul, and abuse of business """connections""" (Google Ihor Kolomoisky) to keep competition out of Ukrainian airports. I'm sure you can find the odd cheapish ticket for HEL-KBP or HEL-KBP-somewhere else, but personally I don't fly the airline anymore.
3-4-3 767? Wow! I think high density is 2-4-2 vs. normal 2-3-2.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by florens

Typo, sorry for spreading höpö! 2-4-2 in 767, 3-4-3 in 777.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 10:03 am
Ambassador: Finnair Plus
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
If something goes wrong with your MAU flight.. you are really on your own.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by florens

I always though 767 is the seating config. 20 abreast, now that will make wonders with the yield.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.