Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Finnair newbie questions thread (flame-free)

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
My latest transactions state:

15/05/2019 - Long Haul Upgrade

Did it finally go through? My seat hasn't changed or anything. Any ideas?
Old May 13, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by jimaras08
My latest transactions state:

15/05/2019 - Long Haul Upgrade

Did it finally go through? My seat hasn't changed or anything. Any ideas?
Voucher or points are deducted when you waitlist the upgrade. So it tells nothing about going through.
Old May 13, 2019, 10:47 pm

Programs: AY+ Gold
Originally Posted by lkrt

Voucher or points are deducted when you waitlist the upgrade. So it tells nothing about going through.
Bummer, I waitlisted via phone in OCT 2018 and nothing has changed ever since. It still shows waitlisted Business (U). Check-in opens in 18 hours (ORD-HEL). Let's hope for the best at check in.

Last edited by jimaras08; May 13, 2019 at 11:27 pm
Old May 15, 2019, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by jimaras08
Bummer, I waitlisted via phone in OCT 2018 and nothing has changed ever since. It still shows waitlisted Business (U). Check-in opens in 18 hours (ORD-HEL). Let's hope for the best at check in.
currently they clear ( or deny) all waitlisted upgrades at t-36h.
Old May 15, 2019, 11:23 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, GA Plat, SQ Gold
Was there a change of rules on using upgrade voucher for someone else than a family member? Was it totally OK now? Need to go through CS to change 4SH to 1LH before the request, so preparing for difficult questions...
Old May 16, 2019, 12:23 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Unsub
Was there a change of rules on using upgrade voucher for someone else than a family member? Was it totally OK now? Need to go through CS to change 4SH to 1LH before the request, so preparing for difficult questions...
No difficult questions. But if they are not in a booking with you, you should be able to provide information like email address or phone number connected with them.
FFlash likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:59 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
I dare to ask: who is Janica?
Old May 16, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum Lumo (LTG) OW Emerald, SPG Platinum (LTG), UA Silver
Janica - Kajaani

Kajaani is the city where the main AY call center is located
Superrman and EuroFlash like this.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: AY+ Plat basic
I reached gold on a morning flight. Then I had 2 more connecting flights during that day. I didn't receive gold bonus points from those but got points according to silver level. I naturally thought that this is just a mistake and contacted cs. But now I got a reply that cos it's the same day, I only get silver points. The way the message was written though, doesn't seem very legit: "Koska korotus ei tapahdu välttämättä suoraan keskellä päivää, lasketaan 23.4 olevat lennot vielä Silver-bonusten mukaisesti."

Is this right or should I question it once more? It's only 125 points but those could become important at some point.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:28 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Personally, I wouldn't bother. For a flight the next day, I would ask them to rectify the points.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:49 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Finding it very difficult to get to YYC from SIN on AY/BA in Dec (BA's LHR-YYC route is currently suspended during the winter months). Does anyone know if AY is willing to interline baggage on separate tickets to AC? I am wondering if it's doable to combine a SIN-HEL-LHR ticket on AY with LHR-YYC ticket on AC. AY arrives LHR terminal 3 at 0910h and AC departs 1325h from terminal 2 so a connection of just over 4h. Doesn't sound too tight as long as I don't have to clear immigration and recheck baggage.

Alternatively, there is also the option of connecting to YYC on AC via FRA which is also a similar connection of 4h.
Old May 21, 2019, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by mechu
Does anyone know if AY is willing to interline baggage on separate tickets to AC?
You will probably get eye rolls but it doesn't hurt to ask... With 4hrs at LHR will be plenty of time to go thru immigration and re-check bags.
Old May 21, 2019, 8:16 am

Programs: AY Plat, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
You will probably get eye rolls but it doesn't hurt to ask... With 4hrs at LHR will be plenty of time to go thru immigration and re-check bags.
LOL. I guess I have been too pampered by my home carrier SQ that is willing to interline baggage to most non alliance carriers.

Is 4hrs really sufficient? The lines can be really long at LHR and I will have to pick up my luggage at T3 and find my way landside to T2 to recheck baggage and clear immigration again. Would doing this at FRA be better than LHR?
Old May 21, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mechu
Finding it very difficult to get to YYC from SIN on AY/BA in Dec (BA's LHR-YYC route is currently suspended during the winter months). Does anyone know if AY is willing to interline baggage on separate tickets to AC? I am wondering if it's doable to combine a SIN-HEL-LHR ticket on AY with LHR-YYC ticket on AC. AY arrives LHR terminal 3 at 0910h and AC departs 1325h from terminal 2 so a connection of just over 4h. Doesn't sound too tight as long as I don't have to clear immigration and recheck baggage.

Alternatively, there is also the option of connecting to YYC on AC via FRA which is also a similar connection of 4h.
I would probably choose to combine an AY ticket to YYZ/YVR with an AC or Westjet domestic flight. That way if something goes wrong I’d already be in Canada. AY is not likely to interline baggage on separate tickets in any case.
Old May 21, 2019, 4:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
How are AY+ points calculated for the 2000-series charter flights nowadays? It used to be 2000/3000/4000 flat rate points for short/mid/longhaul return flights. But now I can't find anything on the website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.