Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:10 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MagmaH
When flying from HEL to NRT on a codeshare on JAL (It was cheaper, and wanted to try JAL Business Class), I was turned down at the lounge. Even though I bought the ticket on Finnair as a Finnair (codeshare) flight. The people at the lounge didn't care that I was Finnait Plat. They gave me a 40€ voucher instead. I was really annoyed by this.
What can you use the voucher for? If you could use it at the Burger King next door then we would all be envious because that's been the #1 item on everyone's wishlist.
on22cz and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
When different FT boards were asked about their dream first class lounge, most said there should be champagne and caviar. On the AY board the answer obviously was a Burger King meal with champagne.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by lkrt
When different FT boards were asked about their dream first class lounge, most said there should be champagne and caviar. On the AY board the answer obviously was a Burger King meal with champagne.
And a free bucket in the sauna.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 8:01 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by lkrt
Burger King is something really special and highly valued: https://yle.fi/uutiset/3-7463051
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Got bumped out of my selected seats on ATR (1D, 2CD) after OLCI (would have been fun to travel like this with the two others on my booking) to 5A and 6AB. In the end other passengers were in rows 1 and 2 and the flight was full.

First I thought it could be due to weight & balance but apparently not.

AY cs claims there was an aircraft change, thus the seat change.

First world problem probably, but still curious to see why.

Funny was that check in lady in ZRH suggested after I had asked if she could put as back to rows 1/2 that it could be due to a curtain move. Yeah sure.

Return flight was operated by DAT. Crew looked a bit grim but the airplane livery was a nice change to all white Norra ATR.

DAT ATR for Norra.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Saw that DAT plane from distance today and thought what was that looked like a moving big cameleont
florens likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 5:04 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Now Finnair is advertising the Scandic hotels sale with the code TRAVEL. Well, I decided to check some March weekend in Norway. Great scam it seems to be! Prices without the code are actually lower. Not going to explore have I been just unlucky in date and destination selection, or is it a laughable attempt to bring more people to this Finnair-Scandic partnership.
This may not be the best thread, but still - This is no way, AY!
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:19 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
It's a Scandic scam, not Finnair's, though. I received the booking code directly from Scandic Friends marketing.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by Courmisch
It's a Scandic scam, not Finnair's, though. I received the booking code directly from Scandic Friends marketing.
As Finnair makes sure you won't miss the offer, it's quite a bit of their problem, too. You see more of this rather than Finnair Shop 20% discount with MATKA19 code. Shouldn't that be the other way round? The Finnair Shop code actually really works.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 6:25 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Trying to argue with Finnair over their webpage is such a monumental pain in the ......regularly getting messages

"A technical error has occured"
"case could not be found, please check that the case number and family name you provided are correct"
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Ah yes, the webpage bookings. I've found them to be very unreliable when trying to book stopovers.

"The route and fare you selected is no longer available." Well in that case why are you showing it to me in the first place and letting me select it? And you keep showing it even after this error.
"This route is not available for your destination." I'm not trying to book anything weird, I just want to book a flight to Tokyo with a Helsinki stopover. It works when I select Bangkok, what's wrong with Tokyo?

* error messages from memory so they might be off.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Get used to those. Same for me every day. How low have I gone that I just put up with it????
Old Jan 18, 2019, 8:23 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by BlueNordicSky
"This route is not available for your destination." I'm not trying to book anything weird, I just want to book a flight to Tokyo with a Helsinki stopover. It works when I select Bangkok, what's wrong with Tokyo?
Japan and NA are a special case due to the joint ventures.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 4:27 pm

Programs: AY+ Lumo (LTG), LH SEN
Originally Posted by FFlash
Get used to those. Same for me every day. How low have I gone that I just put up with it????
Exactly my thinking. I almost feel bad for the poor amateurs that work the Finnair website. They must think it’s rocket science keeping users in their authenticated session (using only one authentication scheme would certainly help!) and pull some data from the Amadeus api. Got kind of used to it and have an arsenal of workarounds to get quicker to the booking overview skipping the Amadeus timeout and stuff like that…

If they would only get rid of those annoying “Continue your search…” reminders for flight dates that already lie in the past. How hard can it be to compare the flight date with the current date? Or how hard can it be to flush that thing once you made a booking. What’s good at being reminded to do a booking that you just did? I love Finnair, but their IT performance is beyond pathetic…
intuition and Purjelentaja like this.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: AFKL PLT, BA Gold, SK Gold, AY Gold, A3 Silver, LH FTL, IHG Gold, Marriott Silver
Not impressed by the phone service. Called the PLT-line today around 1.30pm. After holding some six-seven minutes listening music and messages to press number one for them to call me back, I gave up and pressed one. After that the voice asked me to leave my name, FF-number and phone number and they would get back to me asap. I did what they asked. Now it's 9.00pm, and I still haven't heard from them...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.