Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2018, 2:43 am

Programs: AY, M&M, BAEC ...and don t care of status anymore
Originally Posted by FFlash

A340 at HEL now?
Of course the A330 - but I always connect the seats with the A340 - that where I first had them.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by Ed Size
Deboarding an A330 from the door in the very back with stairs, even if you have a stand arrival in Hel, and bussing the people to the terminal is just stupid. Looks like the construction in HEL makes things unpleasant. Anyway gave me the chance to see the AY eco seats in RL and realised even the water bottles in Y are smaller....
Had two flights to BRU on A330 last month. Both times we were bussed to the plane and boarded from the back -even though the plane was at gate (32?). Too few widebody gates on the Schengen side, I guess, but it was not a smooth experience. In the past they used 31X for these...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by goldnext
Now you have to go to Tokyo :-)

Not going NRT either. Looks like LWM is not moving today.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 8:22 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Not going NRT either. Looks like LWM is not moving today.
The person in charge of releasing seats to Lumos is also in charge of duct tape. Thus the cabin interior can't be ready made until monday 08:00...
ffay005 and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
In my opinion award flights are excellent for last minute getaways and quick trips to see friends etc – and that's what I quite often use them for. Nobody is going to reimburse me for those flights anyway and often they tend to be pricey. All is good when there is availability online, otherwise you just have to hope for good Janica. I was once told on plat line, that there is no award availability for flights which even I could see with award availability online.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I too find awards useful for that.

What I tried to suggest was that this (requesting an award 12h before take-off and expecting it to clear despite no seats published) isn't the most common scenario for tier members outside the realm of FT.

It may actually be that most tier members request most of their awards even more than 36h before takeoff! Thus it may not be entirely unforgivable that AY hasn't yet hired someone to grant requests at midnight between saturday and sunday.

Despite FT'ers in general and FT-Lumos in particular are utterly important people to the airline, sometimes Finnair just hasn't modelled their entire service concept around us! Shocking, but true!

Just to be clear - I am tongue in cheek here. I am not bashing anyone.
Steve_Hun and Oystee like this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 12:48 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum
Yep. While it's great if you can get award flight, if you really need to go, then you just have to buy the ticket.
esledo likes this.
Old Dec 16, 2018, 11:15 pm

Maybe not something Finnair could do something about, but bus gates when arriving at the other side of the airport when the flight is 30 min lates is not fun.

It feels like you are arriving in a secondary city ryanair airport.
Old Dec 17, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
I called today Lumo hotline and tried to solve my problem how to get out from LHR tomorrow with award ticket.
My observation - maybe also relevant to you, maybe not - is that it is Lumo line only when the agent mentions Lumo after their name. Otherwise it is a regular - often clueless, sometimes very helpful - agent. I assume if all Lumo agents are busy, you just jump the queue to any first available agent. Need to say I would have sometimes wished I could wait a bit longer.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
The login page just broke for me. Really bad timing, Finnair, I really need to be able to log in soon. Your IT department needs to be more careful when pushing out updates

Or is it just me? The login page's input fields are disabled for some reason, I can't type in my username or password. All browsers.
Old Dec 18, 2018, 7:47 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Well, it works again. Phew. It was probably down 15 minutes at least. Fortunately, that was just a small panic. Not like Lufthansa's site which can be unusable for an entire day or more.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Last minute seat change

Does anyone else have a feeling that seat change due to balancing the airplane is more common? Or do I have some bad luck?

I have been reassigned a seat already three times this last quarter either at gate or already in plane. Otherwise I don't care but today it was from 1A to 11A on OUL-HEL flight. Again I was among the last to get service and I had to be quick with my complimentary drink to get it done before landing.

and 1A-C remained all empty during the whole flight.

Is it really that difficult to choose a non finnair plus member instead of the platinum to be relocated? Just happened to see the seatmap and there seemed to be plenty non finnair plus member sitting in rows 2-10.
Old Dec 26, 2018, 5:40 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Rifter
Does anyone else have a feeling that seat change due to balancing the airplane is more common? Or do I have some bad luck?

I have been reassigned a seat already three times this last quarter either at gate or already in plane. Otherwise I don't care but today it was from 1A to 11A on OUL-HEL flight. Again I was among the last to get service and I had to be quick with my complimentary drink to get it done before landing.

Is it really that difficult to choose a non finnair plus member instead of the platinum to be relocated? Just happened to see the seatmap and there seemed to be plenty non finnair plus member sitting in rows 2-10.
On recent flight to LHR two weeks ago, my seat got changed two times after check in. First from 1A to 2F and then to 1F. This was due to change of aircraft I presume. 1A remained empty...
Old Dec 26, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by Rifter

I am with you on this, very much. Lots of not only aircraft swaps but balancing reseating very often too! Annoying to find it at gate beeper and get a bad seat as Plat. Of course if checking app every ten minutes then remedy is nearby but who the hek does thät?
Old Dec 26, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
Indeed! I already got a reply from Noora from plat email. She was sorry, speculated why I was reassigned new seat and in the end informed that even though it is unfortunate it is the right of the airline to reassign passengers when needed.

This kinda pissed me off 😅. I replied that it is indeed your right to reassign platinum members and even move them to the back of the plane if so wished but that doesn't make it a good service. Very fast someone politely replied they forwarded my feedback to customer service and wished nice holidays.

oh well, true western problems 😆 but i hope they could improve customer service. It is very finnish to say it is our right and we followed rules instead of considering good customer service.
vulle and Steve_Hun like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.