Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AY*PL, TK*ELPL, AF*PL, HH*Diam, MR*Plat
Originally Posted by lento
It seems both FF numbers are on your booking. You should first remove both numbers on MMB and then add AY number.
OMG yes, that worked! Kiitos 😘
ffay005 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:32 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Sorry, I don't have an English language link to a news piece.

This evening, Finnish media has been writing about a Finnair captain on duty caught today for being intoxicated (1.5) at check-in. The rest of the other crew were sober.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by remymartin

This evening, Finnish media has been writing about a Finnair captain on duty caught today for being intoxicated (1.5) at check-in. The rest of the other crew were sober.
It was on Wednesday.

But why this is under feedback thread ?
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by remymartin

FWIW, I've seen deadheading crew in longhaul J drinking...

Not very professional if you ask me.
Old Aug 16, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
FWIW, I've seen deadheading crew in longhaul J drinking...

Not very professional if you ask me.
Wearing airline uniforms?
Old Aug 17, 2018, 2:44 am

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
Wearing airline uniforms?
Not full uniforms but parts of it like an AY branded tie bar.

It was a flight to ORD and the pilot who was deadheading to SFO that day ended up flying my return from ORD 10 days later.

I know this as I caught the name from somewhere and upon landing the gate agent handed him an orange folder "Express connection" with bp to SFO
Old Aug 17, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Flew AY J long haul for the first time yesterday and it far exceeded my expectations - great food, great champagne cocktails, great service. My only gripe was that the 'hinge' where the seat angles when in sitting mode was an uncomfortable bump in the flatness of the lie-flat bed mode, making it difficult to sleep. A350 was nice. I have to say I rate this product over many other J products out there. Well done Finnair !
Old Aug 27, 2018, 11:15 pm

Last week on HEL-PEK-HEL I noticed that bose headphones are replaced by Phitek "noise cancellation". Maybe not the worst, but a big step down. Perhaps we were too spoiled with Bose.

Also the food was single tray on both flights (business light). There was no cake service halfway. I understand that they want to offer a fast meal service to Beijing, but why did it take 1h45min before I got my tray?
cistavoda likes this.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 10:09 pm
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
Not full uniforms but parts of it like an AY branded tie bar.

It was a flight to ORD and the pilot who was deadheading to SFO that day ended up flying my return from ORD 10 days later.

I know this as I caught the name from somewhere and upon landing the gate agent handed him an orange folder "Express connection" with bp to SFO
Without knowing absolutely nothing about this case I'd guess the pilot was at least partly on a "holiday" trip, I cannot imagine AY sending deadheading flight crew out 10 days prior to their duty starts.
Old Aug 28, 2018, 11:39 pm

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Originally Posted by casper79
I understand that they want to offer a fast meal service to Beijing, but why did it take 1h45min before I got my tray?
Had the exact same experience to and from PEK a couple weeks ago. Complained about the service concept and IFE. Got some points as comp.
I see no reason for the single tray concept if it takes as long as normal dinner service...
on22cz likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by casper79
Last week on HEL-PEK-HEL I noticed that bose headphones are replaced by Phitek "noise cancellation". Maybe not the worst, but a big step down. Perhaps we were too spoiled with Bose.

Also the food was single tray on both flights (business light). There was no cake service halfway. I understand that they want to offer a fast meal service to Beijing, but why did it take 1h45min before I got my tray?
I guess it´s down to the well known but incomprehensible fact that the J FA´s prioritize the Y cabin until everyone there is served...
Old Aug 29, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by NoWindowSeat
Without knowing absolutely nothing about this case I'd guess the pilot was at least partly on a "holiday" trip, I cannot imagine AY sending deadheading flight crew out 10 days prior to their duty starts.
The pilot was reading some manual which confirmed to me that he was deadheading to fly the return from SFO as this was at a time where the SFO route started as seasonal so they needed the crew, hence why there was 5-6 crew members in the J cabin.

Then I suppose he randomly ended up operating my return from ORD.
Old Aug 29, 2018, 10:43 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
I've only once seen deadheading flight crew, but on that occasion it was an very unpleasant experience. A FO doing some preparational work (weather radar, calculations, ...) hogging space and FAs. The seat "reserved for my comfort" was full of his flight stuff, as was the tray tables and floor space. All this wasn't keeping him busy enough though, to not "enjoy the service", requesting this and that from FA regardless of what they were doing at that moment, disrupting the service. And they obliged his every wish as if he was a lumo or something... ;-)
Old Aug 29, 2018, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by intuition
I've only once seen deadheading flight crew, but on that occasion it was an very unpleasant experience. A FO doing some preparational work (weather radar, calculations, ...) hogging space and FAs. The seat "reserved for my comfort" was full of his flight stuff, as was the tray tables and floor space. All this wasn't keeping him busy enough though, to not "enjoy the service", requesting this and that from FA regardless of what they were doing at that moment, disrupting the service. And they obliged his every wish as if he was a lumo or something... ;-)
Another experience of mine is I flew to JFK in the first row of Comfort, and the lady next to me was either a non-rev or a friend of a flight attendant as she received a PDB from J and a cup of chocolates and kept having long conversations with the FA... Much better service for these types rather than for other (potentially more valuable customers).

I've heard a theory once that AY never has award space without waitlisting so non-revs can take those seats.
Old Sep 19, 2018, 2:18 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Last Friday my 19.05 flight from AMS to HEL got cancelled. Had a connection at HEL to KUO. I called CS and asked to be rebooked on a flight this same evening. CS put me on hold and came back to me saying that there was no more flight available this evening. They proposed to put me on a 7AM KLM flight the next day and then take a connection to KUO later that day.I told them that a flight that early from AMS won't give me the opportunity to take a train to the airport (no trains running that early from my hometown) so I asked for a hotel for the night. The guy put me on hold and came back saying: "'In your Finnair Plus profile I can see your city and it is close to Amsterdam so we will not offer you a hotel". I said pardon? I just told you I have no transport. The guy said ''you can try to book a hotel yourself and then claim it afterwards''. I asked him what the maximum value would be for the hotel so I could make sure it would be below that and get everything refunded. He said ''We don't provide this information''. Then as an alternative he proposed to me an even later flight which annoyed me so I started looking for flight availability myself. To my great surprise I saw an available flight to HEL at the day of the cancelled flight (so there were available flights same day after all!), that would give me the opportunity to take an early HEL to KUO flight the next day and still arrive relatively early. I told him the flight numbers. He got annoyed but checked availability and he said to me ''Yes this is available but we cannot provide you a hotel in Helsinki, you need to take care of this yourself''. I told him: excuse me? I had the exact same issue 2 months ago and a hotel was provided without a problem, besides that it's your task to make sure I arrive as close as possible to my scheduled arrival time. He put me on hold again and finally agreed to put me on a same day flight to HEL, get me a hotel voucher in HEL, and put me on the early morning flight to KUO the next day.

Just filed the EU261 claim (flight had tech issues in HEL so didn't fly to Amsterdam in the first place. The official reason of cancellation of my flight was LACK OF AIRCRAFT/TECH).

Jesus why is it so difficult to
1) put me on the first available flight
2) provide me with a hotel
3) tell me what is ''reasonable'' in their eyes with regards to hotel prices in case you book one yourself
vulle likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.