Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This is no way, AY - things to improve [feedback thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Why some get a watsapp service and others not? Is this a black(card) life matter? I dont have that nymber. Maybe my Lumo card doesnot matter since it is not fully black
😉😉
Old Nov 12, 2021, 9:55 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Yeah, AFAIK WhatsApp number has only been "distributed" to a select few. I for one do not have it At the same time, as my personal preference is to talk to ppl instead writing, I just call the plat number and so far I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes during the last year, to get an agent on the line. I guess I've been lucky with that, as I have seen many of you writing about listening to king of the road endlessly...
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
Yeah, AFAIK WhatsApp number has only been "distributed" to a select few. I for one do not have it At the same time, as my personal preference is to talk to ppl instead writing, I just call the plat number and so far I have not had to wait more than 10 minutes during the last year, to get an agent on the line. I guess I've been lucky with that, as I have seen many of you writing about listening to king of the road endlessly...
It's posted on here by an AY+ rep

Hello FlyerTalkers!
Steve_Hun likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:06 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by mpkz
It's posted on here by an AY+ rep

Hello FlyerTalkers!
As I went with the threads in order of oldest to newest, have seen it only after I've posted my message So yeah, now I have the WhatsApp number
Old Nov 12, 2021, 10:07 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Guys, check Pekka's thread, he posted the number there and welcomed all Lumos and Platskus to use it. I can warmly recommend it. Today, they added my API info to my JFK booking without problems (not possible online atm for whatever reason...).
SPBanker and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 12:50 pm

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
So... I just had an absolutely awful experience with CS.

I called in to waitlist a one-way award flight, to which the lady on the other side said: ''this is not possible, can I get your booking reference number?''. I said I wanted a new waitlisted award flight and therefore don't have a PNR. After some confusion in which she asked me multiple times for my PNR and I said I have had award flights waitlisted numerous times and she finally took the details of the flights I wanted. I mentioned twice I want to waitlist two passengers to which she said: ''I will put you on hold for a bit''. I waited for 10-15 minutes.

Then suddenly an email came in with a booking confirmation, for one person and on the wrong name. She then came back on the line and I mentioned I asked for a two person booking. Again she acted confused and even became a bit rude - but she finally asked for the details of the other passenger. She put me on hold again and after 10 minutes she came back on the line. She cancelled the previous waitlist and put us both now a new PNR.

I was asked whose account to deduct the points from so I asked to split it across both passengers (as I always do). She against responded irritated: ''we cannot do that''. I decided to not fight this anymore and suggested to just take the points from my account. She agreed and put me on hold again.

When she came back it literally went like this:
''Hello. I have now deducted the points. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions *SHE HANGS UP*''

Totally unprofessionally and feedback obviously sent.

What's worse is that she deducted 61.000 points from my account while I waitlisted for two one-ways, which should've only been 31.000 points total. Mistake after mistake after mistake and such rude service.
FFlash and Steve_Hun like this.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EuroFlash
So... I just had an absolutely awful experience with CS.

I called in to waitlist a one-way award flight, to which the lady on the other side said: ''this is not possible, can I get your booking reference number?''. I said I wanted a new waitlisted award flight and therefore don't have a PNR. After some confusion in which she asked me multiple times for my PNR and I said I have had award flights waitlisted numerous times and she finally took the details of the flights I wanted. I mentioned twice I want to waitlist two passengers to which she said: ''I will put you on hold for a bit''. I waited for 10-15 minutes.

Then suddenly an email came in with a booking confirmation, for one person and on the wrong name. She then came back on the line and I mentioned I asked for a two person booking. Again she acted confused and even became a bit rude - but she finally asked for the details of the other passenger. She put me on hold again and after 10 minutes she came back on the line. She cancelled the previous waitlist and put us both now a new PNR.

I was asked whose account to deduct the points from so I asked to split it across both passengers (as I always do). She against responded irritated: ''we cannot do that''. I decided to not fight this anymore and suggested to just take the points from my account. She agreed and put me on hold again.

When she came back it literally went like this:
''Hello. I have now deducted the points. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions *SHE HANGS UP*''

Totally unprofessionally and feedback obviously sent.

What's worse is that she deducted 61.000 points from my account while I waitlisted for two one-ways, which should've only been 31.000 points total. Mistake after mistake after mistake and such rude service.
oh bad. But note you also, they cannot split one booking into two wallets, in your case point sources. If you have managed to do that before, then lucky uou. One wallet, one booking(multiple persons ok).
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:45 pm

Programs: AY+Plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
oh bad. But note you also, they cannot split one booking into two wallets, in your case point sources. If you have managed to do that before, then lucky uou. One wallet, one booking(multiple persons ok).
I have also managed to make one booking (4 people) with 2 wallets ( points from one account for 2 people and from another account for other 2), single PNR for all. Is this a new rule not allowing this ?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by lento
I have also managed to make one booking (4 people) with 2 wallets ( points from one account for 2 people and from another account for other 2), single PNR for all. Is this a new rule not allowing this ?
Exactly! I have always done it like this and it was never an issue in the 4-5 years I've been flying with AY
Old Dec 12, 2021, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lento
Exactly! I have always done it like this and it was never an issue in the 4-5 years I've been flying with AY
What!!?? And this is something I have tried many times and always got that denial. I never argued about it.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by FFlash
What!!?? And this is something I have tried many times and always got that denial. I never argued about it.
I called with Finnair Plus earlier today and they quickly resolved the mistake the CS made yesterday, they fixed the incorrect point deduction. And also.... my points from my account and my partner's points from their account. Without any questions asked. So yes - it is no problem for CS doing this really
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:03 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
I called with Finnair Plus earlier today and they quickly resolved the mistake the CS made yesterday, they fixed the incorrect point deduction. And also.... my points from my account and my partner's points from their account. Without any questions asked. So yes - it is no problem for CS doing this really
I think it really pays off to call during AY+ hours. I think it's until 7 pm on weekdays and 5 pm Saturdays. Or perhaps their hours are shorter now...
Old Dec 13, 2021, 2:12 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Could this be some kind of side-effect of the new "no free transfer of points between accounts" rule? I mean, staff is told "you are not allowed to transfer points between accounts" and some staff thinks deducting points from 2 accounts for one redemption counts as a transfer?
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:49 am

Programs: AY+ Lumo, HH Diamond
A350 economy and economy comfort have no power sockets, and only the business cabin seats have power. The usb of the IFE is not strong enough to power a laptop, and on a 10-hour long-haul this is really troublesome. Unbelievable. Who designed this and thought it's a great idea to remove power sockets from the seats, another trick to make economy worse? The A330 has them. Lack of power is a major problem, as I and I'm sure many others want to use a laptop for the entire flight.
ffay005 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2021, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by zxcv1
A350 economy and economy comfort have no power sockets, and only the business cabin seats have power. The usb of the IFE is not strong enough to power a laptop, and on a 10-hour long-haul this is really troublesome. Unbelievable. Who designed this and thought it's a great idea to remove power sockets from the seats, another trick to make economy worse? The A330 has them. Lack of power is a major problem, as I and I'm sure many others want to use a laptop for the entire flight.
TBH neither A330 nor A350 power sockets are powerful enough to power my laptop, so for me USB sockets on A350 are better. They should install bigger fuses on all planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.