Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
My last weeks ARN additional price included extra services were:

One xtra landing and takeoff
3 hrs tarmac travelling at HEL
Nice! Because you are a Lumo. My only highpoint was the looong queue (boarded last, for the sake of it) and walk to the back which turned out awkward: I was watching those Riistaleipäguys in front, then the first exit row and second exit row guys like ”who are these better class people” and kept my head humbly down when reaching to the last row feeling all the fellow pax eyes talking silently to me ”that poor tourist who is he going to the back row”
vulle, remymartin and on22cz like this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:12 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
Originally Posted by FFlash
”that poor tourist who is he going to the back row”
Back rows are often very empty, so it is easy to get more space than in J (=full row). Then the tourist appears to be so poor that FAs even serve him some food and drinks as obviously last money went towards the once-in-a-year trip on Finnair. Awkward looks. Or wasn't it a tourist in the end?

Meanwhile, the better people in exit rows enjoy shoulder contacts with each other. Premium feeling.
FFlash likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:16 am
R2

Originally Posted by OH-LGG
My last weeks ARN additional price included extra services were:

3 hrs tarmac travelling at HEL
For a Lumo, the tarmac travel surely was in the comfort of a nice BMW?
Old Dec 14, 2018, 4:44 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Tarmac travelling was with 321.

Pre 40 minutes flight 90 minutes tarmac is nice.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by ylefin
Which 330 bird is flying the first widebody flight HEL-AGP-HEL Fri 14th? Risk that it will be late from HEL?
As no-one cared to answer to a question by a nobody basic-member I can tell you it was OH-LTT , half -empty with seat 51L IFE not working and seat not in good condition, but seat blocked beside me, thank you at check in Hope they fix it for tonights flight to Bangkok. Tried to upgrade to even more empty business class with points but no way. Maybe my one beer and one whisky made more revenue for Finnair. Nice flight, mostly nice crew, thank you.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 2:47 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
As no-one cared to answer ...
More likely, no one was in the know. Sometimes those here with access to cargo schedule can tell what planes are flying where. But most of the times no one actually knows where a plane is going.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 3:09 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat (OWE)
Originally Posted by intuition
More likely, no one was in the know. Sometimes those here with access to cargo schedule can tell what planes are flying where. But most of the times no one actually knows where a plane is going.
Or someone knows but it doesn't make any sense trying to speculate with potential delays days ahead.
Airplane scheduling is done weeks ahead and tail swaps are daily business, even in longhaul fleets.

Last edited by ff_flyer; Dec 14, 2018 at 3:17 pm
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:25 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Who can say 4 days ahead is flight to AGP on Friday morning running late?
FlyingFinn likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by intuition

Thanks for the kind answer. I just wondered as it was the first HEL-AGP-HEL with a widebody for a long time (ever?) and thought somebody would know.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
As no-one cared to answer to a question by a nobody basic-member I can tell you it was OH-LTT , half -empty with seat 51L IFE not working and seat not in good condition, but seat blocked beside me, thank you at check in Hope they fix it for tonights flight to Bangkok. Tried to upgrade to even more empty business class with points but no way. Maybe my one beer and one whisky made more revenue for Finnair. Nice flight, mostly nice crew, thank you.
I was on this same flight in J. Upgraded with SH voucher just fine.
Old Dec 21, 2018, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by flymetoHEL
I was on this same flight in J. Upgraded with SH voucher just fine.

Hope your J meal was better than my 14 euro Y meal - almost unedible, except the rösti

Last edited by ylefin; Dec 21, 2018 at 6:32 pm
Old Dec 22, 2018, 12:07 am

Programs: AY+Plat, ALL Plat, Scandic L2
Originally Posted by Finnair.com
The icy weather at Helsinki Airport has caused severe delays and some cancellations for our flights on Dec 21, as engines need to be defrosted and the icy apron slows down all operations. This situation will be reflected in our traffic also on Dec 22, and delays are expected especially on long-haul flights. Some flights will also unfortunately be cancelled. We do our best to minimize the effects to our customers, and will update information on this page.
So much for Finavia's snow-how...
florens likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:05 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

Hope your J meal was better than my 14 euro Y meal - almost unedible, except the rösti

Wow! I actually like most airline food even in Y but that looks rather appalling 🙄 hard to beleive thats a paid meal!!
Old Dec 22, 2018, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Courmisch
So much for Finavia's snow-how...
I did not check the exact conditions, but in their defence, there is a fairly big difference between handling snow and ice storm.
Old Dec 22, 2018, 2:27 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, SK Gold
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I did not check the exact conditions, but in their defence, there is a fairly big difference between handling snow and ice storm.
I was on AY 101 yesterday and we waited for over an hour for de-icing. The captain sounded frustrated in his announcements that there are not enough de-icing resources available on a day like that.

There was further delay because the apron was so icy that the pushback tractor couldn't move the A359. Even in the cabin we could hear the wheels of the tractor just spinning on the icy apron. That should be a well-known phenomena for Finns as well and should be possible to prepare for.
intuition likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.