Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Many order Muslim or Hindu special mealsnot for deep religious issues but in the expectation that the meal served will roughly fit their preferences, ie no pork or beef respectively. Sadly most airlines lump the bland/gluten free/veg/vegan/muslim/hindu/kosher meal option together to the lowest common denominator, so you will get a fruit plate with some pasta and a pouch of ketchup like sauce in economy. In such cases the victim then rather settles for the regular option.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sadly most airlines lump the bland/gluten free/veg/vegan/muslim/hindu/kosher meal option together to the lowest common denominator, so you will get a fruit plate with some pasta and a pouch of ketchup like sauce in economy.
Obviously, this is the sensible thing to do. It saves money as is, and discourages people from ordering expensive-to-make special meals just for fun.

I tried a special meal once, ordering a gluten free J meal WAW-HEL. It was terrible, a completely inedible mash of some strange substance that neither I or the FA recognized. While I was disappointed, I very much understand why AY did this and can't blame them.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:31 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Originally Posted by FFlash
My suggestion to this is: "that seat is blocked. Sorry."
I had a very interesting case on an A32B. I was sitting in 10D, someone else in 10F and 10E was empty. Pax from 11D wanted to move to 10E, but FA apologetically told him this wasn't possible as 10E is left empty because of medical reasons, because pax needs to stretch his leg.

Now, I have no idea where this explanation came from. I certainly hadn't requested anything special, 10F never used the seat between us to stretch his leg and I think you can hardly qualify for an exit seat if you have mobility issues. But I was very happy with this innovative explanation nevertheless. ^
on22cz and Clydez like this.
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:33 am

Programs: AY+Plat
Arrived here with no more drama except one, after that one wine he rang the bell and cabin Crew arrived but I didn't understand what he really asked but she told him to go back. He went and came back in about 5 minutes and slept for few hours.
Thinking what might work here to make your journey more enchanting. A traditional "nasta-temppu"? Fart war? "armrest attack"? Snore campaign?
While he was sleeping he applied your suggestion and I had to use the air fans at full.

Seeing all this, I was expecting that he might grab that noise cancancelling headphones but he didn't go that far.
FFlash likes this.

Last edited by lento; Jan 9, 2019 at 7:01 am
Old Jan 9, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by ffay005
I had a very interesting case on an A32B. I was sitting in 10D, someone else in 10F and 10E was empty. Pax from 11D wanted to move to 10E, but FA apologetically told him this wasn't possible as 10E is left empty because of medical reasons, because pax needs to stretch his leg.

Now, I have no idea where this explanation came from. I certainly hadn't requested anything special, 10F never used the seat between us to stretch his leg and I think you can hardly qualify for an exit seat if you have mobility issues. But I was very happy with this innovative explanation nevertheless. ^

In fact, I learned my excuse phrase from a BA cabin attendant who took good care of me as AY owe onboard BA58Ö
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP

Are they having already a team there or will this be new? I at least have not yet come across with Estonian service.
I think there are already over 100 people outsourced to Tartu since 2012, related to accounting and etc... Now I guess its time for CS.
Proper cost cutting exercise with the average wage hoovering around 850€ net.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by vanaema78
I think there are already over 100 people outsourced to Tartu since 2012, related to accounting and etc... Now I guess its time for CS.
Proper cost cutting exercise with the average wage hoovering around 850€ net.
No good. With no offense to our lovely estonian neighbours but I want Finnish CS taking care of my issues. Hope they keep at least plat service in Finland.
ffay005, DALtoAAL and caedwa like this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:55 am

Programs: AY+ Plat Basic
Originally Posted by vanaema78
I want Finnish CS taking care of my issues.
Experienced this trend quite recently as well. I used chat for an issue on the Belgian website with English as the language of the site. On the outset described my problem in EN, but it turned out my chat counterpart had a lovely Estonian name (instead of Janica CS) and the the chat proceeded in (my native) Estonian instead.

All in all it was a pleasant experience (and the issue was taken care of) in this particular case, but being on the receiving end of outsourced CS can often be quite frustrating, FFlash has a point.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 3:36 am

Well, to soften the game, honestly saying I would be very happy instead if they hired those miracle-makers from SK side at Tallinn who are/(were) capable of making complex EB-award bookings in First class RTW
Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:23 am

Programs: AY Lumo, FB Gold
Well, to soften the game, honestly saying I would be very happy instead if they hired those miracle-makers from SK side at Tallinn who are/(were) capable of making complex EB-award bookings in First class RTW
World class - yeah right. Although hearing one of them pronounce PHX "Fööniks" really made my day years ago
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP

No good. With no offense to our lovely estonian neighbours but I want Finnish CS taking care of my issues. Hope they keep at least plat service in Finland.
Being paid peanuts, no wonder the service might be sub-par.

Last edited by vanaema78; Jan 15, 2019 at 10:35 am
Old Jan 15, 2019, 10:28 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Last year I spent 30 minutes on the phone on my way to a remote airport with a very friendly SK agent who managed to rebook me 1h before my original departure time. I've also had lukewarm service. YMMV, I suppose.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:01 pm

Landing at LHR T3 in the morning, can I somehow go to the CX First lounge for some eating and only then go out to the city and come back later for the evening return flight? Or is it blocked somehow to access airside on arrival and instead strictly follow arrival procedures, or even if staying airside after arrival is it somehow blocked to go out?

okay maybe wrong thread since no höpö here but serious talk. Anyway thankful for nswers
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:32 pm

Programs: QR Gold AY Plat
Landing at LHR T3 in the morning, can I somehow go to the CX First lounge for some eating and only then go out to the city and come back later for the evening return flight? Or is it blocked somehow to access airside on arrival and instead strictly follow arrival procedures, or even if staying airside after arrival is it somehow blocked to go out?

okay maybe wrong thread since no höpö here but serious talk. Anyway thankful for nswers
You can walk from your arrival gate directly to the lounges in T3.
Is it possible to use the lounge more than 3 hours prior to the departure, though?

Terminals around the FCC are different. You'd have to go through the FCC to reach the lounges in the departure lobby.
FFlash likes this.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 1:41 pm

Programs: AY+ gold, Miles&bonus gold

Yes, you can go to the lounge for breakfast, if you can obtain a boarding pass for your return flight. Use the boarding pass to go airside. When you come back to the airport in the evening, you have to speak to an airport employee at the gates to security, to let you go airside for the second time with the same boarding pass.
FFlash likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.