Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: AY LUMO
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
OMG - 500€ extra for a 90 minutes trip.
120 minutes added with boarding time so apprx 140 minutes and 500€. Not for cheap charlies.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Originally Posted by OH-LGG
120 minutes added with boarding time so apprx 140 minutes and 500€. Not for cheap charlies.
It's not stupid to ask...
OH-LGG likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 1:58 pm

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
That is unreal... short Tallink
Helsinki Flyer likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
How to identify if one is a true idiot, or a false idiot:
(from true life recently, me wondering what to do with an expiring upgrade voucher)

Me calling a potential idiot: ”i will have an expiring longhaul voucher of no use, do you wanna fly business?”
Idiot: ”yeee we spoke about that trip plan but I dont know if I wanna go or not”

Then next, me calling a flyertalkeridiot: (same question as above)
FTidiot: ”guess I need to start booking something then”😂

True or false is too easy here. But to guess who flyertalker this was: not too difficult to guess that either😁😁 but I keep it to myself.
ffay005, OH-LGG, vulle and 10 others like this.
Old Dec 16, 2022, 5:19 am

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Last night, I had a dream about the Plat Wing, and I hope it's not a premonition

Outside the dining area, all seats were substituted by dark red leather benches with a diagonal leaning area instead of a proper sitting cushion so people would spend less time in the lounge.

On entering, you got a numbered ticket and the roped-off dining area was guarded and they were shouting numbers like at McD. I hadn't got a ticket and entered anyway, and the server warned me that if I don't present the ticket after the meal, there will be a "recovery fee". He actually explained that in English and used this term; he explained it to me and an Indian lady at the same time.

Sadly, I woke up before I could have anything to eat.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
AY‘s message after the last flight made me smile

Dear Jainzar , Several bags were left behind from your flight AY1411 Helsinki - Frankfurt due to weather related challenges in ground handling at Munich Airport. We are sorry for the incovenience.
ffay005, FFlash, on22cz and 4 others like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 6:37 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by Jainzar
AY‘s message after the last flight made me smile
LOL

I read it without my caffeine fix and thought "What's funny about that, other than frustrating that AY lost the bags?" until I took a closer look...
FFlash, on22cz and kauppias like this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
LOL

I read it without my caffeine fix and thought "What's funny about that, other than frustrating that AY lost the bags?" until I took a closer look...
Same here.
Bags colecting extra segments…
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:12 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
This knowledge has completely evaded me until now: you can request a comb, mouthwash and a razor on LH flights in J. Just learned this from a Customer Community survey. Does AY have an extremely small stock of these items because I've never been told of this possibility...
r2d2 likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by Purserin painajainen
This knowledge has completely evaded me until now: you can request a comb, mouthwash and a razor on LH flights in J. Just learned this from a Customer Community survey. Does AY have an extremely small stock of these items because I've never been told of this possibility...
It is written on the "packaging" of the amenity kit. Also socks are available on demand. AFAIK, it has been like this for a long time.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
It is written on the "packaging" of the amenity kit. Also socks are available on demand. AFAIK, it has been like this for a long time.
Speaking of these. I dont recall when I have had this little paper inside the kit. Not my last times. But I happened to find that little paper in an older kit as we speak…
Old Dec 19, 2022, 1:35 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat / OWE, SQ KrisFlyer, KQ Plat / ST Elite Plus, BT VIP
Originally Posted by Steve_Hun
You mean the paper/board slip that wraps the kit? I've probably never taken a good look at it then, shame on me.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 2:00 pm

Travel related, somewhat aviation related:

Got spammed by Autoliitto(was customer one time), and they seem to have introduced a new 3rd level, premium. Including a priority pass! Lol.

But seriously, the bennies are worth a thought IMO. Not that I would jump in for the PP
Back then, I was happy customer.
kauppias likes this.
Old Dec 19, 2022, 10:08 pm

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by FFlash
Travel related, somewhat aviation related:

Got spammed by Autoliitto(was customer one time), and they seem to have introduced a new 3rd level, premium. Including a priority pass! Lol.

But seriously, the bennies are worth a thought IMO. Not that I would jump in for the PP
Back then, I was happy customer.

4 visits to PP lounges for under 200€ all in is not terrible if one needs triple A anyways IMO and one does not have PP via AX
Old Dec 20, 2022, 12:54 am

Programs: Finnair (AY) Platinum, Air France Silver, Tallink Club One Silver :)
Originally Posted by FFlash
Speaking of these. I dont recall when I have had this little paper inside the kit. Not my last times. But I happened to find that little paper in an older kit as we speak…
You mean the paper/board slip that wraps the kit? I've probably never taken a good look at it then, shame on me.
It is no longer a note in the inside, but indeed, on the carboard slip around the amenity kit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.