Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Finnair höpö-höpö (nonsense) thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 1:51 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo, LX SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by florens
Day 2 LFT to remain as I understand it which is a no no for me for short trips (i.e. weekend).
The day 2 test isn't that bad, you just need to put up with the usual discomfort of having your throat and nose poked. What apparently isn't well known is that the day 2 test doesn't mean it has to be done on day 2, it means "up to day 2". You can actually do it as soon as you land. That's what I did on my trip to England a week ago, I had a pre-boarding test done the day before, and had booked a day 2 test on arrival at the T3 testing center in Heathrow an hour after landing. After I got off the plane I went straight to the testing center to get it done and got it over with.
florens and esledo like this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Off-AY question:
HEL-ist-gru seems the most decent and one of the few regular way to Brazil what I search, what are now the entry hassles for a Finn for the layover (20 hours, hence entering Turkey) at IST?
I read at TK forum that the Ist layover hotels are still complementary for a biz class pax, luckily.
luckily also, after 2 years of no longhauls I see that my ElitePlus level with TK is still valid till end of 2022, nice surprise!
I know here are some ist-experiences recently, hence the question from a finnish perspective for a finnish citizen
thankies
Old Sep 16, 2021, 9:26 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by FFlash
Off-AY question:

I know here are some ist-experiences recently, hence the question from a finnish perspective for a finnish citizen
thankies
I am not a Finish citizen, but I believe the only requirement is to get the HES code - https://register.health.gov.tr/ This assumes you are fully vaccinated and have EU Certificate or whatever Finland is issuing.

Be careful, if you want to leave the airside on your return. As per TIMATIC (and I would assume this 'until date' may be extended - there are threads on TK forums, just follow them):

Until 30 September 2021, passengers must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 72 hours before arrival, if in the past 14 days they have been in Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brazil, India, Nepal, Pakistan, South Africa or Sri Lanka.

There are some changes in the long haul service routine on long-haul flights, short haul is pretty much back to normal (sans PDB and hot towels). Again - all this is very well documented on TK forum.
FFlash likes this.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
Off-AY question:
HEL-ist-gru seems the most decent and one of the few regular way to Brazil what I search, what are now the entry hassles for a Finn for the layover (20 hours, hence entering Turkey) at IST?
I read at TK forum that the Ist layover hotels are still complementary for a biz class pax, luckily.
luckily also, after 2 years of no longhauls I see that my ElitePlus level with TK is still valid till end of 2022, nice surprise!
thankies
No hassles whatsoever - you have to fill out the PLF, which nobody cares about (though checked at the gate in HEL with the vacc cert) At immigration, only passport was asked, quick stamp and "enjoy your stay". This 2 weeks ago.

Cool thing about the status - mine was magically extended into 2024 (!)
SPBanker and FFlash like this.
Old Sep 17, 2021, 8:48 am

Programs: LuxExpress VIP
https://www.err.ee/1608342011/tartu-...astada-kevadel

Some höpö-höpö on flights to TAY. I miss being only 30 minutes away from the comfy seaf of an ATR
florens likes this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 1:31 am

Programs: finnair plus platinum
UK government announced the current traffic light system of red, amber and green countries will be scrapped for England from 4 October. Anywhere not on the red list will be considered green and clear for travel - with the amber list set to be removed.Also from that date, travellers who are fully vaccinated will no longer need to take pre-departure tests for travelling into England from non-red list countries.

Then, from the end of October, they will be able to replace their day-two PCR test with a cheaper lateral flow test.

Those unvaccinated will still have to pay for PCR tests. Those returning from red countries will still have to quarantine in a government-approved hotel for 10 days.
ffay005, remymartin and jouhka like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:14 am

Programs: Finnair Platinum; Intercontinental Ambassador

First Finnair flight post Covid madness started. Pondered into the lounge shortly before closing and the only thing on offer was this. I felt violated. Even the beer had been switched off.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by helahela

First Finnair flight post Covid madness started. Pondered into the lounge shortly before closing and the only thing on offer was this. I felt violated. Even the beer had been switched off.
It can't possibly be worse than the weird meat sauce pasta dishes they had prepandemic.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 6:53 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It can't possibly be worse than the weird meat sauce pasta dishes they had prepandemic.
Aren't they in a race to win the unfinished Finnish school lunch food prize.
ffay005 and CPH-Flyer like this.
Old Sep 18, 2021, 8:40 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
So on my current MR I finally found the inner vegan in me thank you Topi for opening my eyes 😁👍
r2d2, sueco6, intuition and 8 others like this.
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:20 am

edit: misclick

Last edited by Lauri_fly; Sep 21, 2021 at 5:01 am Reason: misclick
Old Sep 20, 2021, 2:34 pm
Moderator, Finnair
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
All my recent frequent "flying" has been with Nordic Choice. Stordalen isn't pushing me too hard towards the green stuff, but I can still find something sustainable to eat.
Here is a healthy sandwich with lots of green, found in the "pub and snack-food" menu in a rooftop bar.
And yes, there actually was a sandwich somewhere beneath that ≈pound of steak.

Old Sep 26, 2021, 2:29 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK

Good service in Amsterdam, even water here is Platinum water But they dont know yet about Lumo. No Lumotic liquid on offer.
miamiflyer8 likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:02 am

Programs: AY Plat Lumo
Good service in Amsterdam, even water here is Platinum water But they dont know yet about Lumo. No Lumotic liquid on offer.
BER had a special status level. They announced priority boarding for "Finnair Executive Platinums"....
florens, lkrt, FFlash and 3 others like this.
Old Sep 27, 2021, 4:24 am

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), SK EBG (*A Gold), KQ Plat (STE+), Accor Plat
Originally Posted by cistavoda
BER had a special status level. They announced priority boarding for "Finnair Executive Platinums"....
Can’t remember which airport invited business class customers as well as Skyteam Elite Plus members to board the Finnair flight first!
Steve_Hun and kauppias like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.